Spain win 2010 WORLD CUP.

Park Life

When was the last time a major tournament like this had so many injuries in the lead-up?

No shit.

Makes you wonder why teams schedule friendlies so close to the not-so-friendlies.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read something about Nani being out of the WC. Dropping like flies they are.
Nani blow for Portugal

Winger ruled out of finals with shoulder problem

Last updated: 8th June 2010

Nani: Laid low

Portugal have suffered a blow with the news that Nani has been ruled out of the World Cup finals through injury.

The Manchester United winger has been forced to miss the showpiece event in South Africa after picking up a shoulder injury in training last week.

It was thought the injury was not too serious, but scans have shown the problem to be worse than first feared.

Portugal coach Carlos Queiroz has called up Benfica's Ruben Amorim as a replacement for Nani in his squad.

"It's very sad," Queiroz admitted. "But the most important thing is the cohesion of the team and that we all play together to get over it.

"We are a team, we play united with a lot of ambition. This is what I want.

"Nani is in pain. We carried out tests and the upshot is that he is not fit to compete."

Unfit

A statement from the Portuguese Football Federation read: "After tests we conclude he is unfit to participate in the World Cup,"

"The medical file will now be presented to the medical department of Manchester United.

"In light of the report, the Portuguese Football Federation, taking into account the Fifa regulations for the 2010 World Cup, will call-up Ruben Amorim as a replacement."

Nani is the second United player forced to miss the finals after England defender Rio Ferdinand picked up a knee ligament problem in training.

Portugal will now have to make do without Nani as they prepare to tackle Brazil, the Ivory Coast and North Korea in Group G.

SSN.COM

Lot of the PL players are well overplayed by the time the WC comes around.

Not sure how a shoulder injury, fall/twist like Rio, Drogbas fractured elbow, bad tackle on Ballack etc can be put down to tiredness though.

Not sure how a shoulder injury, fall/twist like Rio, Drogbas fractured elbow, bad tackle on Ballack etc can be put down to tiredness though.

Surely playing a higher number of games means theres a greater chance of picking up niggles that never heal properly or picking up something fairly serious

Apparently the tit knackered his shoulder doing one of his flips after celebrating a goal. :icon_lol:

Reminds me of Babayaro when he 1st signed for Chelsea. Broke his leg (or some part) doing the poor mans Julius Aghahowa flip in pre-season.

Surely playing a higher number of games means theres a greater chance of picking up niggles that never heal properly or picking up something fairly serious

none of those injuries have anything to do with "niggles" though

More an example of things that can happen, obviously the tackle on Drogba and Ballack could of happened regardless of the number of games played

More an example of things that can happen, obviously the tackle on Drogba and Ballack could of happened regardless of the number of games played

Ferdinand barely played this season so I doubt thats down to fatigue as well.

All shopped out? :icon_lol:

All shopped out? :icon_lol:

Will be all the merking he does.

:icon_lol: The media in this country also seem to be going on like they're a new thing. Have they never been raving before?

I saw the soi-disant 'supporters' spokesman' Kevin Miles was on telly this morning. Seems to have thrown his lot in with England these days whereas he used to rent-a-gob on all matters NUFC. Pompous twat.

Guest The Three Lions

I think South Korea are a good bet to beat Greece at 2/1 in the 1230 game on Saturday, done them in a treble with Argentina and England -1. Greece best player is arguably Samaras, you saw how feeble they were at Euro 2008, and the Koreans while being technically weaker than many teams in this, have the best engines in the competition, I think it's a good bet for the Terrier Munchers to turn the Greeks over.

The games tomorrow, I won't be betting too much on I think on paper Mexico should win, but opening game, host nation, could easy be a draw, and you can't rely on the frogs for anything these days.

Guest The Three Lions
:icon_lol: The media in this country also seem to be going on like they're a new thing. Have they never been raving before?

I saw the soi-disant 'supporters' spokesman' Kevin Miles was on telly this morning. Seems to have thrown his lot in with England these days whereas he used to rent-a-gob on all matters NUFC. Pompous twat.

In the 80's countries like Holland and the Danes would have 500 air horns at games, and to be honest I think they sounded mint, we even had a few on the Corner of the Gallowgate, these are more squeaky and annoying though.