Club statement

Gejon

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Barrack Road
Press Release should have been.

1. We thank CH for all his efforts but we will be approaching a number of candidates inc Roy for the job over the coming weeks.

2. With the windfall PL money we will secure PL survival.

3. Keep on keeping on.

END.

Aye or....

1. The board would like to set on record that Mike is indeed a fat cunt, who got lucky early in his life, and couldn't spell obese without using an a till 1994 the thick cunt.

2. The board would like to acknowledge that whilst not only looking like a child molester, Derek Llambias is fully advocates the assertion he is an arsehole and someone with worse communication skills than Steve Hawking when the battery runs out.

3. Will some fuckin arab buy us out for fuck sake.

4. Even a yank, or FFS would do.

Where's peasepud? I'd love to hear what NUST's view on this is...

The only view you'll get here nowadays is my own personal one, the new committee met for the first time yesterday I believe.

Im still in a state of shock, not shocked at the outcome because without doing a Leazes and saying "I told you so" it was clear to see that there would never be an intention to spend the kind of money we required. I am however shocked at the sheer stupidity of this whole thing. Not making a large scale outlay is one thing but basically telling the world in May that you have no intention of strengthening your squad for the coming season is tantamount to suicide.

Players will be leaving in droves, not for more money because as Duff has shown, you can make a move to a "smaller" club than NUFC and find yourself playing in a European final that same season. No player with anything about them will stay at this club? why would you? Defenders know that against Chelsea, Man U and half the league they will be murdered and nobody blames the strikers when you lose 8 nowt. Its Enrique, Colo and co that'll get the shite. Strikers know that without a solid defence then the opposition will have the ball up our end for large chunks of the game, giving them very little chance of doing anything with the ball and which fans chant a number 9's name when he gets 6 goals a season? Lets not even get started on the middle of the park, the place where it all hinges on. No quality in midfield spraying the balls about or getting back to help defence and we're all screwed.

Anyone of any quality will be away this season and nobody with any sense will come here to replace them. Colo, Enrique, Jonas, Carroll, Guthrie, Nolan, even Harper will be having their ears bent by their agents at this moment telling them to get out while they still have some credibility in the football world. Those that slated Given for going to Man City did so on the belief he "had his head turned" as Llamearse put it by money, he didnt what turned his head was the chance to actually win something or play European football again, something that Given knew was never going to happen under this regime.

No matter what happens this coming season, Hughton should be supported by the fans because no manager would be able to turn this current squad into a Premiership mid table one. Any vitriole should be directed exactly where it belongs at the door of Ashley and Llambias.

The benefit of the doubt (CT) angle is that the statement was written by an uber twunt of magnificent proportion and they've failed to convey their approach properly.

"Capital outlay*" means long term investment (over more than a year). So, for example, we wouldn't be buying Owen...or Luque on installments. We will only buy players with what cash there is available.....while also spending enough to ensure survival and avoid the drop in income that would hinder the plan. The long term goal being that the amount spent will not lead to an overall loss year on year.

Given that the plan is to slowly reduce the losses over 5 years, we plan to lose £28m next season, then £22m, then 16m etc.

Losses for the championship were £32m....so losses could be almost zero next year on TV money alone, suggesting they plan to outlay something.

*Capital Outlay

Payments made in cash or cash equivalents over a period of more than one year. Capital outlays are used to acquire assets or improve the useful life of existing assets. An example of a capital outlay is the funding to construct a factory. In accounting, capital outlays must be capitalized; that is, the outlay is recognized on a balance sheet gradually over the course of asset's useful life. Capital outlays are recorded as liabilities on a balance sheet. They are also called capital expenditures.

http://financial-dictionary.thefreediction.../Capital+Outlay

Edited by Happy Face

Guest Barrack Road

We might stay up, we might. I think we can grind out results against shit teams, but we all know we don't have the quality to get results against anyone decent. We might fluke a few home wins against Villa and Everton, above that I can see 0 points from 12 games. We might stay up. It might even be the case we don't go down in the next five years. One thing we're going to do is drift like fuck, exactly like we did from 1984 to 1989, and I wouldn't care we had at least some investment then, we'll just be plain old Newcastle a place with a great stadium, great city, where everyone thinks they can win :(

1996 17 1 1

2003 15 2 2

:(

We're fucked and there's no exit route. The days of Arab billionaires turning up on the steps of football grounds with novelty sized cheques for a few hundred million are long gone.

We're basically relying on Ashley suddenly realising what a useless cunt he has been and doing the right thing.

I suppose they have whinged in the past about transfer installments so HF could be right - it means 4 players at 3m each would be bought with cash in the same way I suppose Best was bought in January.

Still hopeless though.

My confident prediction of 15 to 20m spend over the summer looks to be spectacularly full of shit then.

For the sake of sanity, somewhere in the back of my head I still believe this. Doublethink ftw. :(

The days of Arab billionaires turning up on the steps of football grounds with novelty sized cheques for a few hundred million are long gone.

I know its completely different universes but there has supposedly been Arab interest in Man Utd over the last few months - I think a good salesman (not Keith Harris) could maybe hawk us around as a cheaper option.

Guest alex
We might stay up, we might. I think we can grind out results against shit teams, but we all know we don't have the quality to get results against anyone decent. We might fluke a few home wins against Villa and Everton, above that I can see 0 points from 12 games. We might stay up. It might even be the case we don't go down in the next five years. One thing we're going to do is drift like fuck, exactly like we did from 1984 to 1989, and I wouldn't care we had at least some investment then, we'll just be plain old Newcastle a place with a great stadium, great city, where everyone thinks they can win :(

1996 17 1 1

2003 15 2 2

:(

That's about the size of our ambition though, somehow just staying up.

The days of Arab billionaires turning up on the steps of football grounds with novelty sized cheques for a few hundred million are long gone.

I know its completely different universes but there has supposedly been Arab interest in Man Utd over the last few months - I think a good salesman (not Keith Harris) could maybe hawk us around as a cheaper option.

Man United is a completely different animal and to be totally honest we're in no way comparable with them.

Despite Ashley's best efforts we're still a relativelty well known global brand but we're not alone in that sense. MA's schizophrenic valuation of the club over the past few years probably hasn't done anything to promote the club as a realistic option for your average billionaire with a passing interest in sport.

Obviously this is assuming he wants to sell, which I don't believe he does.

The benefit of the doubt (CT) angle is that the statement was written by an uber twunt of magnificent proportion and they've failed to convey their approach properly.

"Capital outlay*" means long term investment (over more than a year). So, for example, we wouldn't be buying Owen...or Luque on installments. We will only buy players with what cash there is available.....while also spending enough to ensure survival and avoid the drop in income that would hinder the plan. The long term goal being that the amount spent will not lead to an overall loss year on year.

Given that the plan is to slowly reduce the losses over 5 years, we plan to lose £28m next season, then £22m, then 16m etc.

Losses for the championship were £32m....so losses could be almost zero next year on TV money alone, suggesting they plan to outlay something.

*Capital Outlay

Payments made in cash or cash equivalents over a period of more than one year. Capital outlays are used to acquire assets or improve the useful life of existing assets. An example of a capital outlay is the funding to construct a factory. In accounting, capital outlays must be capitalized; that is, the outlay is recognized on a balance sheet gradually over the course of asset's useful life. Capital outlays are recorded as liabilities on a balance sheet. They are also called capital expenditures.

http://financial-dictionary.thefreediction.../Capital+Outlay

2325920887_b206236832.jpg

No, he doesnt want to sell since he has realised he will make a massive loss on his investment.

He will pay the debt off and then sell it. In the long run, this may do us some good if we dont implode but in the long run, as HF said in the election thread, we are all dead so who gives a shit about 2055/56 season.

the club is blatantly still up for sale if a buyer comes along

Nah, only if a buyers comes along willing to give him 137M + pay off debt. The cost of the club is well over 200m and no one wil pay that nowadays.

Nah, only if a buyers comes along willing to give him 137M + pay off debt. The cost of the club is well over 200m and no one wil pay that nowadays.

it would have to be a mug buyer like. but you can tell from this statment that ashley has zero desire to move the club forwards. doesn't give a monkeys does he.

someone needs to make him an offer he can't refuse

it would have to be a mug buyer like. but you can tell from this statment that ashley has zero desire to move the club forwards. doesn't give a monkeys does he.

Jay Jay Sea, hopefully.

Guest alex

Like the last one? Great ©

Guest Barrack Road

It's a sick joke. I've said it before I'll say it again. Newcastle United SHOULD be and should always have been one of the very biggest clubs in this country, why? The fanbase, the players, every single thing about the club. I think it's more than mismanagement and bad luck. We have to be cursed, we are cursed, there's no doubt about it, we're the sickest joke in world sport, I mean that genuinely.