Club statement

Gejon

The rumour was as well he wanted to buy the whole toon (in every bar) a drink to celebrate promotion.

It would have just gone on the overdraft anyway under PR expenses.

The man is a cunt. End of.

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Barrack Road

All I have to say is AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Guest Barrack Road

I tell you something, 102 points my arse, we're a very, very mediocre side imo. Regardless what the table says we struggled to even look average in a huge amount of the away games. I mean Sheff Wed away they're absolutely shite, they could feasibly get turnover off Carlisle and Hartlepool next season, I don't think we mustered a single chance against them in the second half down there. Same with Derby we didn't even score past them in two games. The point is I think we could perhaps get around 25 points at home this season, which means we're going to have to find 12-16 away, can we do it, the way things is goin I donno.

The Board will concentrate on Newcastle United's stability by promoting from within where possible.

Alan Thompson will be manager when Hughton gets the boot then.

Mike & Derek's Master 10 Step Plan

Step 1. Devise 5 year plan, based on casual observation of clubs that appear to be doing ok.

Step 2. Implement said '5 year plan' by paying excessive amounts of money to bring in new management and director positions that severely undermine existing staff. Boy this is fun!

Step 3. Pretend that everything is ok. Oh my, what's going on?

Step 4. Try to escape. For Sale, check our web site for price

Step 5. Claim that you're in if for the long haul and remind everyone of the five year plan, but this time base it off teams a little lower down the spectrum in an attempt to cover for lack of action in attempting to address the rot that has set in due to minmanagement (Refer to Steps 1-4) Shit! Noone bought it...

Step 6. Panic. Try to do something that will make 'everyone' happy. Talk about it like it's a long term move that's part of your continuing committment to the club."Bringing Alan Shearer back to Newcastle United was the best decision I have made"

Step 7. Sell off anyone that you can get money for. Pretend that anyone who wasn't sold was strictly retained because they wanted to play for the club, and because the club wanted them and NOT because no-one offered anything for them.

Step 8. Close your eyes, cross your fingers and hope.

Step 9. When all is doing well make some positive moves on the market helping to secure promotion to the Premier League and giving the illusion of light at the end of a long dark tunnel.

Step 10. Devise 5 year plan, based on finger in the wind calculations about how to turn a profit by alienating players and fans through inactivity.

Rethinking it I'm actually quite grateful they've released this statement.

There was a bit of a growing voice that Ashley was slowly but surely winning the fans over.

Perfect reminder what an utter twunt the bloke is.

mad though isn't it. he almost had a chance to wipe the slate clean and start again - the feel good feeling was coming back to the club agai. but then he releases a statement like this. all he had to do was keep his trap shut and invest a little bit of cash ahead of the new season.

what moron is advising him?

The statement makes absolutely no sense.

The stability that the club claims to want just isn't possible without significant investment in players. Ashley really is as stupid as he appears to be.

CHRIS Hughton will be asked to keep Newcastle United in the Premier League without spending any money on new players as Mike Ashley takes a massive gamble in order to balance the club’s books.

Having pumped in more than £25m of his own money to finance the club after relegation to the Coca Cola Championship, Ashley appears to have decided he wants that money back immediately rather than spend any of the extra revenue generated by promotion on strengthening the squad. Despite insisting he still possesses long-term ambition to bring sustainable success to St James’ Park, it is short-term financial considerations which have apparently dominated Ashley’s thinking.

The Journal understands the news came as a shock to Hughton who has previously spoken publicly about the need to add three or four new players before the start of next season.

He will still try to do that, but he will not have any money to spend and he will be forced to rely on free signings and loan players. Indeed, even these signings could be called into question as free agents want signing on fees and money is normally paid to bring in players on a temporary basis. Some money, however, can be raised through the sale of existing members of the squad.

In an official club statement Ashley revealed last night he wants the club to “break even” by the start of the 2015/2016 season while simultaneously insisting the first priority was to “maintain Premier League status” despite the fact there will be “no capital outlay on new players.”

When The Journal attempted to clarify what “no capital outlay” means the curt response was that it meant “no capital outlay.” When The Journal asked again, through the club’s media spokesman, whether this meant there was no money to spend at all, the answer was “there will be no capital outlay on new players.” Newcastle are currently losing almost £40m a year and also have a £20m overdraft with the bank. Ashley has made the remedying of these financial problems his first priority now that promotion has been secured.

Despite also talking about transparency, the statement went on to declare there will no further comment from any member of the board on any matter relating to Newcastle United, other than through prepared statements.

It will be left to Hughton to try and explain the sense in the club’s transfer policy as he is the only senior member of staff allowed to discuss football and financial issues with the media. It appears to be just one of the unenviable tasks ahead of him.

Hung out to dry by the cunts in charge :)

Seems a petulant way of making a point about what a DOF would offer in their minds.

I wonder if they wanted one (as rumoured) and Hughton kicked off....so they've dropped this shit storm in his lap instead.

Guest alex
CHRIS Hughton will be asked to keep Newcastle United in the Premier League without spending any money on new players as Mike Ashley takes a massive gamble in order to balance the club’s books.

Having pumped in more than £25m of his own money to finance the club after relegation to the Coca Cola Championship, Ashley appears to have decided he wants that money back immediately rather than spend any of the extra revenue generated by promotion on strengthening the squad. Despite insisting he still possesses long-term ambition to bring sustainable success to St James’ Park, it is short-term financial considerations which have apparently dominated Ashley’s thinking.

The Journal understands the news came as a shock to Hughton who has previously spoken publicly about the need to add three or four new players before the start of next season.

He will still try to do that, but he will not have any money to spend and he will be forced to rely on free signings and loan players. Indeed, even these signings could be called into question as free agents want signing on fees and money is normally paid to bring in players on a temporary basis. Some money, however, can be raised through the sale of existing members of the squad.

In an official club statement Ashley revealed last night he wants the club to “break even” by the start of the 2015/2016 season while simultaneously insisting the first priority was to “maintain Premier League status” despite the fact there will be “no capital outlay on new players.”

When The Journal attempted to clarify what “no capital outlay” means the curt response was that it meant “no capital outlay.” When The Journal asked again, through the club’s media spokesman, whether this meant there was no money to spend at all, the answer was “there will be no capital outlay on new players.” Newcastle are currently losing almost £40m a year and also have a £20m overdraft with the bank. Ashley has made the remedying of these financial problems his first priority now that promotion has been secured.

Despite also talking about transparency, the statement went on to declare there will no further comment from any member of the board on any matter relating to Newcastle United, other than through prepared statements.

It will be left to Hughton to try and explain the sense in the club’s transfer policy as he is the only senior member of staff allowed to discuss football and financial issues with the media. It appears to be just one of the unenviable tasks ahead of him.

The Journal really make me fucking sick. We were losing about (according to Ashley himself) 500k a week in the Championship which roughly equals 25m a year and now we've gone up they're putting forward the tale we're losing £40m a year. How does that work? Taking into account the massive increase in TV revenue. Fuck off.

Basically he's going to pocket all the TV money as far as I can see and try to run the daily business on match/merchandise/sponsorship money.

Guest Barrack Road

I think we'll try to sell Coloccini, Barton and Smith in the coming months, they are the big earners, get them off the books, and loanees like Wilshere etc.. in, he could even make a profit in 2011. Say the wage bill is £35m now, as reported, that goes down to what, £30m for arguments sake. The turnover, could be at least £90m if not more, so surely there's some profit to be made there, there has to be. Break even by 2016 my arse, what he means is no fuckin debt the fat cunt, not break even in terms of annual income and expenditure which is how it's worded.

Break even by 2016 my arse, what he means is no fuckin debt the fat cunt, not break even in terms of annual income and expenditure which is how it's worded.

I think he sees this as the onl way to get his money back without a sale - of course relegation will ruin the "plan".

(And aof course a much better way of getting his money back would actually be to invest).

As soon as we've lost 5 of the first 6 games all hell will break lose.

I hope so - I've always said that those who talk about disruption have to realise the only future the club has is without Ashley.

Guest Barrack Road
Yes and no excuses.

But putting that to one side, anyone who has any dealings with business, HR or PR can surely not even begin to come to terms with the set out and words in that statement.

It reads as though cobbled together by some working mens club committee.

I have read it a few times to see if I could gllen any positives from it..... Are they trying to be totally truithful and upfront about the situation given the various stories about how much, which players etc etc.

If so they have been very naive.

Not much leaves me speechless but this time they have succeeded.

Leazes, Pud...............

Press Release should have been.

1. We thank CH for all his efforts but we will be approaching a number of candidates inc Roy for the job over the coming weeks.

2. With the windfall PL money we will secure PL survival.

3. Keep on keeping on.

END.