catmag

What mood are you in and why?

Tip top. On the way home from Once the Musical and ee, it was good. Really interesting production, quite unlike your usual West End fare. (It was a pressie for the fella's birthday, but I do like giving gifts that I'll get something out of too. :lol:)

Great movie that, I'm a big fan of The Frames/Hansard, not sure what it'd be like to see it without him/Marketa in it, but it's the kind of stage show i'd like.

One of my favourite gigs was seeing Swell Season in Grand Opera House in Belfast about five years ago, we had a box (fancy smanchie) absolutely great, he'd been saying about the curse of playing there and covering Van Morrison, sure enough his guitar output got mangled halfway through a solo number at one point and just said "fuck it" went to front of stage with no power/mic, did it acoustic at the top of his voice

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhFHuHrKoMo

One of my fav tracks live when they've the whole band there

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pR_1V1QWKYA

Highly recommend seeing Hansard/The Frames or the /Swell Season if you get a chance (or picking up some frames albums if you haven't) and liked that show @@Meenzer, proper frontman really entertaining.

After tonight I'll be getting off permanent weekend nightshift after 14 long months of 12 hour shifts. Moving to mon-fri 8hr day/late shifts. I genuinely pity the fool that asks if I fancy working a blob shift on a saturday/sunday in my new dept. :lol:

A bit demob happy.

Start a new job in a week's time and playing out time.

Quite gutted I didn't get put on gardening leave.

The situation has become a bit more complicated. Due to start the new job next week.

But I have a second interview for a different (better) job on Thursday and they've given very strong indications that I'll get it. Could well find myself in a situation where I am starting a job and leaving within a few days - that'll make me popular.

Anyone done this, had an employee do it?

Never been in a job without a lock-in/probationary period, so no. Don't know how I'd react in the same circumstances, either; I'd probably feel like I was pulling a bit of a cathword's trick, but then you've got to look out for yourself too.

It'll undoubtedly makes me a cathword in the eyes of the employer. But:

Job 1 - 90 minute commute, no bens, small company, no real ability to progress

Job 2 - 30 minute commute, loads of perks, massive company, all sorts of progression opportunities

It's not even close.

It may be that I'll get an answer from the better job this week and just never join the other company. I haven't signed a contract yet and it states that during the probationary period either party can give a week's notice.

You've got to look after number one. Looking at that comparison, there's only one decision you can make.

Hope you get the opportunity to make yourself very unpopular!

Aye, I'd say so too. And if they're giving you the same notice clause then they can hardly argue the toss if you choose to exercise it. I suppose the only thought is if there's a possibility you'd be applying for something else with them in future.

Hope you get the opportunity to make yourself very unpopular!

Me too. Cheers

Aye, I'd say so too. And if they're giving you the same notice clause then they can hardly argue the toss if you choose to exercise it. I suppose the only thought is if there's a possibility you'd be applying for something else with them in future.

I think it's very unlikely TBH. It's whether they have the contacts and venom to muddy my name more widely within the industry.

It may be worth saying to the other company that you have another offer but would prefer to work for them. I suppose it depends on how many candidates they have for interview but they may be able to pull yours forward so you'll know the outcome before you start in the new place.

It may be worth saying to the other company that you have another offer but would prefer to work for them. I suppose it depends on how many candidates they have for interview but they may be able to pull yours forward so you'll know the outcome before you start in the new place.

They know that I have another offer and that my notice is in and they've moved very quickly to get me in twice. That's one of the reasons I feel pretty confident of getting an offer from them.

Fuming....Sat at side of the road in east Devon with a puncture....just had a "heated debate" with some clown from greenflag who wants me to be picked up and driven half an hour in the opposite direction,have the puncture fixed and then drive back here, when my insurers direct line had already told me I can be recovered tonight back home, then get picked up tomorrow by another truck from home and get taken to a garage of my choice. This is far more convenient as I am en route to my American sister in laws for thanksgiving,Turkey,pumpkin,pecan etc etc... Cheeky tosser, I had to put it in quite plain terms in the end... ;)

canny shit. up in liverpool for my granddad's funeral yesterday. stuck in the office late today trying to deal with a shitstorm

Sorry for your troubles lads.

Just had a home made curry and I'm watching the football, so decent all in all.

It'll undoubtedly makes me a cathword in the eyes of the employer. But:

Job 1 - 90 minute commute, no bens, small company, no real ability to progress

Job 2 - 30 minute commute, loads of perks, massive company, all sorts of progression opportunities

It's not even close.

It may be that I'll get an answer from the better job this week and just never join the other company. I haven't signed a contract yet and it states that during the probationary period either party can give a week's notice.

Over the moon.... Got the new role.. Today's my leaving drinks so a night on the celebratory sauce awaits.

Nice one, congratulations. Have you told the other lot you won't be seeing them on Monday, or you gonna have to start and hand your notice in soon after?