What mood are you in and why?

catmag

Decent mood, I've had a canny week at work training on some new areas of work and it's the first Friday in absolutely ages I've just chilled out with a glass of wine and tunes/films. Usually I do my housework on a Friday night. :blush2:

:angry2::angry2::angry2::angry2::angry2: - too many university assignments!!

Have finally finished all of mine forever, so I can look at posts like this with an element of schadenfreude.

...Sorry! :lol:

Mixed I have been offered a new job with a 2 grand pay rise so happy about that. Pissed off that the place I joined just in January is so shit I had to find a new job straight away. Trying to tell people why you want to leave a place after 2 months without slagging them off is difficult.

Edited by Kevin Carr's Gloves

1500 words doesn't sound like much like. My PhD thesis was about 70,000 iirc. On a good week at work now I'd expect to churn out a minimum of 10,000 words in reports, at least double that in correspondence....

Lazy students..... ;)

1500 words doesn't sound like much like. My PhD thesis was about 70,000 iirc. On a good week at work now I'd expect to churn out a minimum of 10,000 words in reports, at least double that in correspondence....

Lazy students..... ;)

What was your thesis about?

The pharmacokinetics and mechanism of action of ifosfamide, which is an anticancer drug used to treat children with solid tumours. I've never used a single bit of knowledge gained from it since or read the thesis again.

1990. Would have much preferred O levels as I did fuck all course work which IIRC was 60% of my marks. I'd have pissed it if it was made up 100% of your actual exams. I honestly could have a severe word to that 16 year old kid if I could.

1990. Would have much preferred O levels as I did fuck all course work which IIRC was 60% of my marks. I'd have pissed it if it was made up 100% of your actual exams. I honestly could have a severe word to that 16 year old kid if I could.

He would laugh at you. ;)

Couldn't you plead mental distress to the exam board due to the mental devastation inflicted on the entire city by getting knocked out the play offs by the tramps right in the middle of the exams? ;)

Couldn't you plead mental distress to the exam board due to the mental devastation inflicted on the entire city by getting knocked out the play offs by the tramps right in the middle of the exams? ;)

:lol:

The deputy head was a Mackem, he was on the doors as we traipsed in for one of the exams. His only comment was, 'Were you one of those idiots on the pitch, Dunny?'

Basically. If you look at O level papers from the 1970s they were harder than A levels now.

I can believe that. Education all over Europe is completely dumbed down now from what I can see.

Didn't they bring Gcse's in cause people were actually failing 'O' levels. :lol:

Honestly, the exams were a piece of piss, but I lived in Walker, played football all the time, went to away games from 14 years old and knew nobody whatsoever who had been to university. Stay in and do homework? Why the fuck would you do that when we had a game at Wallsend Boys Club? I knew I wasn't an idiot and would easy get a job. What I didn't twig was that I'd be stuck doing shiftwork for the next twenty odd years. :lol:

Honestly, the exams were a piece of piss, but I lived in Walker, played football all the time, went to away games from 14 years old and knew nobody whatsoever who had been to university. Stay in and do homework? Why the fuck would you do that when we had a game at Wallsend Boys Club? I knew I wasn't an idiot and would easy get a job. What I didn't twig was that I'd be stuck doing shiftwork for the next twenty odd years. :lol:

The only 'O' levels I had to do some work for were Maths and Physics (the one's where you couldn't just make up stuff). :lol: I honestly made up so much nonsense about books I hadn't read they probably thought I'd read widely. ;)

Sociology was the one where I hadn't read anything at all and launched into a massive case study about council estates and alienation without any clue about either...'A'. :lol: (All from a quick skim read of Cotgrove and Parsons on the morning of the exam).

Edited by Park Life

I did the O levels, A levels, degrees, PhD and still have ended up in a job mostly hate. ;)

I was always picked last for the footy too. Caths.

I did the O levels, A levels, degrees, PhD and still have ended up in a job mostly hate. ;)

I was always picked last for the footy too. Caths.

Life intelligence and book learning are different things bro.

Life intelligence and book learning are different things bro.

ghost_patrick_swayze.jpg

"PARKY!! YOU MUST USE YOUR LIFE INTELLIGENCE FROM HERE IN AND CAREFULLY AVOID BUYING STAINED GLASS WINDOWS, THAT WAY LIES PREMATURE MIDDLE AGED LIFE, SHOPPING AT MARKSIES AND WEARING BARBOUR JACKETS. WATCH OUT FOR REMOTE CONTROLLED HOOVERS, THAT IS THEIR FOOT IN THE DOOR AND THE BEGINNING OF THE END."