What mood are you in and why?

catmag

Got through that round - another interview by phone on Thursday or Friday night.

This was tonight and went well again.

Sweeping generalisation which is based on a sample size of about 50 but I have to say that every American I've ever met/spoken to has been or sounded completely down to earth and incredibly friendly - alwways makes it seem strange that they harbour so many nutjobs and bastards for leaders.

This was tonight and went well again.

Sweeping generalisation which is based on a sample size of about 50 but I have to say that every American I've ever met/spoken to has been or sounded completely down to earth and incredibly friendly - alwways makes it seem strange that they harbour so many nutjobs and bastards for leaders.

US companies tend to be a bit more 'political' than UK companies as they are on the whole more competitive internally. A US colleague will drink with you, laugh with you but is, if on the same level, always competing with you.

I was surprised working for the French was no worse than US companies in that respect. However, a frog is less likely to be two-faced with you, if he doesnt like you at work you can tell by the way he spits at you and calls you an English cunt. In my experience (1 v v large super-corporation and the fastest growing company in its sector on the NASDAQ), US colleagues are less trust worthy as they think nothing of adversarial combat at work and fucking people over. I obviously quite enjoy that too but don't be fooled by a superficial uber-politeness, its not a reflection of what they really think.

You also get sick of hearing the word 'Opper-toonity'.

However, a frog is less likely to be two-faced with you, if he doesnt like you at work you can tell by the way he spits at you and calls you an English cunt.

:lol:

"Of course, in England they just call me a cunt"

Well this would be the first time I've worked with them if it happens so we'll see.

My experience so far is that apart from Germans, foreigners in general are two-faced.

Might be unconscious xenophobia but then again I've worked with a couple of British born Indians who've been fine versus true immigrants who've been cunts.

Always thought the French were pretty two faced...The Germans are on the whole reliable and feel guilty if they're not honest with you...

Incorrect. The role of 'network' is everything, if you are 'in' the network, then you can expect 100% loyalty and full disclosure / transparency.

If you're not 'in' then they tend to spit at you, blow smoke in your face and laugh at your cuisine.

Incorrect. The role of 'network' is everything, if you are 'in' the network, then you can expect 100% loyalty and full disclosure / transparency.

If you're not 'in' then they tend to spit at you, blow smoke in your face and laugh at your cuisine.

Are we talking the whole of France or just Paris?

We're talking about the Septics really but you could say i'm contrasting that with the political associative networking of characteristic of southern Europe.

I see. ;)

Found the French not as cunning as they like to think. For instance first eye contact 'down and to the right' (NLP) - at some point this guy is going to try and fuck you over. :lol:

The Italians are so charismatic and charming I really didn't care they always paid late and argued about monies.

Think your experience is in more 'tight' professional groups - which generally the world over aren't good indicators of the actual malaise.

Been dealing with some Chinese recently and it's funny how they find it impossible to say 'no'. How they wait for you to eat/drink before they start and how they never speak Chinese to each other in your company...Made a nice change.

Edited by Park Life

Found the French not as cunning as they like to think. For instance first eye contact 'down and to the right' (NLP) - at some point this guy is going to try and fuck you over. :lol:

Possibly literally, though, which has its benefits.

A two-night week for me this week (Fri & Sat) then a week off next week with a posh do at the end of it. Don't do dressy-up do's very well but even I'm going to make an effort for this one and have a frock and everything! Off to see Adam Hills at the Tyne theatre tomorrow night so things are all good :)

Oh, and my friend has just asked me to be godmother to her son who is being baptised in January so I'm feeling very honoured. Haven't ever been a godmother before :)