Dan Gosling

BigAl

My point is, Gosling's hardly played, so it's a bit early to be writing him off and calling him shit when he's been out injured for so long and hasn't had chance to prove that he's shit. :D

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He only played 20 or so league games for Everton. He's never been particularly brilliant, one for the future hopefully

He certainly gives us a different option to what we already have from the bench.

Has he even been used in the league this season off the bench yet? I can't remember. Obviously not impressing that much in training if he's slipped behind Guthrie in the pecking order. Only time use seen him was in the carling cup. He was dire.

My point is, Gosling's hardly played, so it's a bit early to be writing him off and calling him shit when he's been out injured for so long and hasn't had chance to prove that he's shit. :D

He has been shit so far though hasn't he? Not saying he's going to be perma shit. Maybe he's still feeling the affects of being out so long.

He has been shit so far though hasn't he? Not saying he's going to be perma shit. Maybe he's still feeling the affects of being out so long.

Missing the point 2J is trying to make tbh.

No he is just calling is as he see it. He IS shit now, no way around it. Rather than seeing it as a "recovery" period, you can also just regard it as his current level of play now. Depends to which degree you excuse his performance due to his injury ( which is a fairy reasonable excuse after all)

I agree with Gloom, he is shit now. But he may improve. Or he may not. Fuck knows.

On the basis of that logic SW, Messi is "shit" whenever he comes back from injury. The question is whether you write someone off as shit.

Gosling could be brilliant or shit, we don't know. He's been out for ages and needs a run of games to get back into playing. A run in the reserves and some bench appearances is probably the way to do it. To write him off as "shit" seems a bit premature to me, if that's what anyone's doing here.

On the basis of that logic SW, Messi is "shit" whenever he comes back from injury. The question is whether you write someone off as shit.

Gosling could be brilliant or shit, we don't know. He's been out for ages and needs a run of games to get back into playing. A run in the reserves and some bench appearances is probably the way to do it. To write him off as "shit" seems a bit premature to me, if that's what anyone's doing here.

Noone has written him off. And if he had a good run with us prior to the injury, it would have been different. Messi has afterall shown a decent form prior to any injury he might suffer..

Noone has written him off. And if he had a good run with us prior to the injury, it would have been different. Messi has afterall shown a decent form prior to any injury he might suffer..

Fair enough

I have my doubts about Gosling making the grade. He had a decent preseason and plays well in the reserves. I don't think his fitness is an issue as he was going strong in the preseason and reserve games. He says he's ready, however the coaching staff seem to think he's still off the pace, which you can't really argue as he seemed to be non-existent in the league cup ties v scunthorpe and forest. Hopefully its due to sharpness, but I seriously see him struggling to get a game in our midfield. Vuckic seemed to be ahead of him when fit.

He's shit, he was shit for us even before his horrendeous injury.

I honestly wouldn't pin your hopes on him becoming anything other than a squad filler as I used to cringe when he played for us. He's better in centre mid then right mid (not sure where Pardew plays him?) but even then he was crap apart from getting in the odd decent position to potentially score (but then miss).

Some one here will say I'm bitter or some crap like that because he left us for you, but I'm not, he's just not a premier league standard player unfortunately.

Got 2 very good mates who are Everton fans and theyd back up what Andy is saying. Slow and crap before his injury may well mean slower and crapper now. We got him because of a technicality in his contract allowed him to move for nowt, which is what most attractive part of the deal for us. Mike and Dekka do like a free. Looks like this one hasnt worked though.

We have Abeid now, which seems the better player. The little playing time available should be given to him tbh, he looks genuinly INTELLIGENT fotballing wise and has a lovely touch.

Rather him than the fotballing equivalent of Shrek, he is starting to look like Rooneys younger brother.

We have Abeid now, which seems the better player. The little playing time available should be given to him tbh, he looks genuinly INTELLIGENT fotballing wise and has a lovely touch.

Rather him than the fotballing equivalent of Shrek, he is starting to look like Rooneys younger brother.

Because you've seen so much of Abeid after all.

Because you've seen so much of Abeid after all.

Was going to say, the only people who've seen him play were in the away end at Forest.

I really don't see how people can have much of an opinion at all about him yet. Other than friendlies and reserve games (in which it seems hes done well) he's managed two league cup games and about ten minutes in the league against the makems in about two years after suffering an absolutely horrendous injury.

Admittedly he was poor against Scunthorpe but he certainly wasn't the only one (Ba for one looked like the game of football was comepletely new to him), and only people who were at Forrest (I'm yet to hear from a single person who was) saw what he was like there. But even if he was shite in both the cup games it's far too early to form a judgement yet alone suggest he'll never more than a Guthrie.

There are it seems a few Everton fans that are saying that they never thought he was premiership standard when he was there but there are others who said the complete opposite and were guuted to lose him and not just because of how he left. A more balanced opinion of him I've seen more often than not is that he'll never make it as top class but will be a very useful squad member similar in quality to Leon Osman (personally I'd be more than happy with that).

I would say that he faces a massive uphill battle to get in the team like. Tiote and Caybaye are pretty much untouchable at the minute and Jonas, Squidward and Marvaux are much more natural wingers.

But let's give the lad a chance eh?

I really don't see how people can have much of an opinion at all about him yet. Other than friendlies and reserve games (in which it seems hes done well) he's managed two league cup games and about ten minutes in the league against the makems in about two years after suffering an absolutely horrendous injury.

Admittedly he was poor against Scunthorpe but he certainly wasn't the only one (Ba for one looked like the game of football was comepletely new to him), and only people who were at Forrest (I'm yet to hear from a single person who was) saw what he was like there. But even if he was shite in both the cup games it's far too early to form a judgement yet alone suggest he'll never more than a Guthrie.

There are it seems a few Everton fans that are saying that they never thought he was premiership standard when he was there but there are others who said the complete opposite and were guuted to lose him and not just because of how he left. A more balanced opinion of him I've seen more often than not is that he'll never make it as top class but will be a very useful squad member similar in quality to Leon Osman (personally I'd be more than happy with that).

I would say that he faces a massive uphill battle to get in the team like. Tiote and Caybaye are pretty much untouchable at the minute and Jonas, Squidward and Marvaux are much more natural wingers.

Spot on.

Sorry mate but he'll never be as good as Leon Osman... Ossie is a good little player and would walk in to most mid table and below teams, Gosling is a very limited player and I dont know any Everton fans who were upset he left (other than because of the way he did)... In fact most fans were angry Moyes kept playing him over other players who had far more potential.

Sorry mate but he'll never be as good as Leon Osman... Ossie is a good little player and would walk in to most mid table and below teams, Gosling is a very limited player and I dont know any Everton fans who were upset he left (other than because of the way he did)... In fact most fans were angry Moyes kept playing him over other players who had far more potential.

Osman is 30.. has been pretty good in his last few seasons (when Arteta has been injured/gone off the boil) but prior to that he had been pretty inconsistent. I'm not saying he'll be as good as or better than Osman but given that Gosling is only 21 it's a bit rich to say that he'll never be as good as an adequate player at the peak of his career.

Whatever the case he's pretty far down the pecking order so it will take a pretty big injury crisis for him to see any consistent game time. Only then could we start to form a judgement about him, always remembering that he's only 21 and has just returned from a bad injury.

Osman is 30.. has been pretty good in his last few seasons (when Arteta has been injured/gone off the boil) but prior to that he had been pretty inconsistent. I'm not saying he'll be as good as or better than Osman but given that Gosling is only 21 it's a bit rich to say that he'll never be as good as an adequate player at the peak of his career.

Whatever the case he's pretty far down the pecking order so it will take a pretty big injury crisis for him to see any consistent game time. Only then could we start to form a judgement about him, always remembering that he's only 21 and has just returned from a bad injury.

Ture but I think the main problem is that he wasn't very good before a major injury and is more than likely not going to reach his limited potential due to this.

I think he's an ok squad filler but I think you have other players that will be way ahead of him and I dont think he'll ever make it at newcastle

I haven't seen anywhere near enough of him to make that judgement. You might be right, I have no way of knowing having seen next to nothing of him. I've seen other Everton (on Newcastle and Everton forums) fans agree with what you're saying and others disagreeing. I'm not arguing we have a good player or agreeing that we don't.

I'm just saying we have to actually see him before making a judgement.