Who have you met off here and what are they like?

Guest Gordon McKeag

Gold written all over this thread like.

I've met a few people on here when I briefly attended some pre-match piss ups a few years ago. A canny bunch to be fair, Alreetlike (Jill) is the dodgy one that you need to be careful around mind, and her away record is something that would bring a grown man to tears.

Oh aye, the "Head of the Scottish Mags" as he claimed to be, on the train back from Hull away 2 seasons ago, is a proper nob, if you're reading (assuming you can that is...).

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've slept in Meenzer's flat. ;):D

"Planning" :icon_lol:

I can understand people who find the idea of meeting people from an online forum a bit weird, but the internet isn't exactly the nerdfest it was 10+ years ago. Once your mam's been recommended to you as a Facebook friend, you start to realise times have changed. ;)

I get worried when your mates mum starts coming up..

What about the ones you don't know you've met.

Apparently Christmas Tree plays golf with my dad :icon_lol:

Like Smooth Operator and Meenz turning out to be best mates from school you mean? Classic ;)

Incidentally, was it you Geordie Boot Girl who was the niece of the late Eddie Tremendous?

Edited by alex

Guest Gordon McKeag
no one. i can't imagine meeting people i only know from message boards

Would help if you got on with any of them I suppose.

there are plenty on here that seem like nice people and make me laugh but i'm not sure i would want to meet anyone here in 'real life'.

meeting someone i've only ever spoken to online would be a surreal experience. plus it would burst the mental pictures i've developed of you all.

meeting stevie and finding he's a normal bloke and not foaming at the mouth for example would be a strange one to accept.

Good one.

Guest Gordon McKeag
Stevie stop grooming her you filthy fucker.

Grooming is for people like The Fish haha. Anyway she's about 25.

Have you felched her yet?

Trust someone from NE37 to lower the tone.

Have any of you met anyone off other boards like NO and RTG?

Stevie stop grooming her you filthy fucker.

Grooming is for people like The Fish haha. Anyway she's about 25.

Have you felched her yet?

Trust someone from NE37 to lower the tone.

Have any of you met anyone off other boards like NO and RTG?

NE38. Actually.

I went to uni with one or two people whoI found out posted on RTG. Thankfully they were some of the more agreeable Mackems but that was years ago, I don't go on there now.

So far I've met no one from NO.

Oh aye, the "Head of the Scottish Mags" as he claimed to be, on the train back from Hull away 2 seasons ago, is a proper nob, if you're reading (assuming you can that is...).

:icon_lol:

Who the fuck was that?

I have met a fair few from here and had a small part of the clique up here for my wedding last year.

Chez (Adam)

Met him in Berlin a couple of years ago at a poshish restaurant when he was with a mate and his boss (woman - arse no tits - Chez description). He comes across as intelligent, confident and sensitive. ;) He's very relaxed ie letting me use his phone to reconoiter with a couple of mates at another club (which we didn't go to). Went to a bar (he drinks like a fish could probs drink most on here under the table) and we shared my space cakes and even his boss had one later and started snogging his mate (German - tried to get one over on me a couple of times in conversation cheeky fucker). Went to a club after and was a very good evening (me and him transfixed by the reflections on the water at dawn), ended up on the floor (of his mates) as me and Chez cuddled up. :icon_lol: Doesn't come across like a de facto Geordie at all, more middle class internationalist traveller and statistics worrier.

Meenzer (Martin)

Pub quizz in Hamburg. First thing is Meenz is tall and looks fit as fuck (Gym fly?). No gay giveaways about him apart from the more feminine acting mate (who seemed quite intrigued by me... ;) ). Martin drinks like the nurturing the pint type, was plesant and funny with an edge to it. Probably would have won the quizz but for having the smallest team.

Looking forward to meeting.

Alex, Stevie and others on here.

Meenzer (Martin)

Pub quizz in Hamburg. First thing is Meenz is tall and looks fit as fuck (Gym fly?). No gay giveaways about him apart from the more feminine acting mate (who seemed quite intrigued by me... :D ). Martin drinks like the nurturing the pint type, was plesant and funny with an edge to it. Probably would have won the quizz but for having the smallest team.

:icon_lol: Aye, I have to admit, my resounding memory of our encounter is not quite being savvy enough to beat the evil pub quiz clique. And I do mean that. Bloody Hamburg Hash House Harriers always get in the way. ;)

Anyway, thank you, I think. For the record, you seemed thoroughly lovely and far less flaky than many would believe your online persona might suggest. Almost like you're a more exaggerated version of your real self once you hit the internet. God forbid that be the case though. ;)

Meenzer (Martin)

Pub quizz in Hamburg. First thing is Meenz is tall and looks fit as fuck (Gym fly?). No gay giveaways about him apart from the more feminine acting mate (who seemed quite intrigued by me... :D ). Martin drinks like the nurturing the pint type, was plesant and funny with an edge to it. Probably would have won the quizz but for having the smallest team.

:icon_lol: Aye, I have to admit, my resounding memory of our encounter is not quite being savvy enough to beat the evil pub quiz clique. And I do mean that. Bloody Hamburg Hash House Harriers always get in the way. ;)

Anyway, thank you, I think. For the record, you seemed thoroughly lovely and far less flaky than many would believe your online persona might suggest. Almost like you're a more exaggerated version of your real self once you hit the internet. God forbid that be the case though. ;)

:D

I've grown me hair back to its original Morrissey coif...Think you'd like it. :)

Guest Gordon McKeag
Bit of a wankfest this, mind.

Everybody being thoroughly lovely is something I find hard to believe.

Because people from Leeds are all cunts thats why. It's not the same elsewhere.

Gemmill's a bit of a let down tbf. I think Vic went down like a wet fart as well iirc. Chez found meeting Papa L to be a bit of a pisser too.

Parky (James) full of mischief and possibility, looks a bit like Mike from The Streets with a more authentic accent. Engaging, if flitting between metaphysical conversation and where the drugs are coming from is your thing. It was Asparagus season iirc so the restaurant served 3 courses of this. Anyway, we bonded which shouldnt be a surprise since it is possible to have an idea what someone will be like before you meet them.

Highly recommended company.

Gemmill's a bit of a let down tbf. I think Vic went down like a wet fart as well iirc. Chez found meeting Papa L to be a bit of a pisser too.

Some honesty at last. Thank God.

My feelings about Papa L are well documented.