Ben Arfa

ChezGiven

We've had so much success with French whingers I'm mean wingers in the past I'm sure this one will be just as successful.

How is old Charlie boy doing these day didn't he leave to join a big club like Arsenal

we can hardly mock him tbh, had his best individual season since coming to england last year, france callup (i know there are odd circumstances) and he stayed in the PL while we didnt

2 words on that one

Joe Kinnear

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the official Marseille site:

Hatem Ben Arfa

Newcastle est intéressé mais pour l’instant, il n’y a pas d’accord, donc on en parle pas. On travaillera avec les gens de Newcastle et avec Hatem Ben Arfa

which translates to:

Hatem Ben Arfa

Newcastle are interested but for now, there is no agreement, so we do not review. We work with people of Newcastle and with Hatem Ben Arfa

I was very dubious of this, not expecting anything to come of it. If he has been signed, even if initially on loan I'll be quite surprised and pretty happy, but only if it comes with the option to buy at the end of the loan period with the loan amount being taken off the final price. IE. If the agreed price is £8m then we would only have to pay £7.2m at the end of the loan period if we wished to retain his services having forked out £800k for the loan. That way we basically get to have a year long (expensive) trial. If he's no good at the end of the period bye bye.

His age and reputation make this potential signing one that is in keeping with the proposed system at Newcastle. Surprisingly if it comes off it's for once a signing that will hopefully help to fill a quite significant void we have - creative players.

I was very dubious of this, not expecting anything to come of it. If he has been signed, even if initially on loan I'll be quite surprised and pretty happy, but only if it comes with the option to buy at the end of the loan period with the loan amount being taken off the final price. IE. If the agreed price is £8m then we would only have to pay £7.2m at the end of the loan period if we wished to retain his services having forked out £800k for the loan. That way we basically get to have a year long (expensive) trial. If he's no good at the end of the period bye bye.

His age and reputation make this potential signing one that is in keeping with the proposed system at Newcastle. Surprisingly if it comes off it's for once a signing that will hopefully help to fill a quite significant void we have - creative players.

Plus in Guti, Routledge and Arfa we'll have a bit of pace at least, as opposed to old carthorses like Nolan, Smith and Campbell.

Plus in Guti, Routledge and Arfa we'll have a bit of pace at least, as opposed to old carthorses like Nolan, Smith and Campbell.

If we sign him we can get him in the team for the Man Utd game, as he has match fitness and everything. I was talking to a lad at work today who reckons Hughton will adopt the 4-4-1-1 role with Ben Arfa playing behind Carroll.

In behind Carroll would be interesting. In 2008 we were playing Duff in behind Martins against manure. Martins actually had a decent game, scoring a nice header and generally using his pace to run the manure defenders about. Carroll isn't quick, so having someone in behind with some toe would be very helpful.

With all that said Nolan is a favourite of Hughton, so it would probably be at the expense of Barton or Guthrie if Ben Arfa first signs and secondly is played in behind. Wouldn't mind Barton missing out, but taking out Guthrie would hurt our admittedly already small chances of getting anything from the game.

Getting a bit ahead of myself here. Less than a week to go.

He has a touch of the Jenas about the way he looks, and a touch of the Dyer about the way he plays.

Edited by OzToonFan

Man united seems to be a game where we're gonna have to experiment, something we can't afford to fuck up :D

That doesn't make sense.

What price a flutter that FMA paid off OM and Ben Arfa to talk up Newcastle without any intention or chance of actually signing. I mean why make an actual signing when you can drum up interest just by pretending? Look forward to the official statemnt from the club about how Ben Arfa was the one that got away because of circumstances beyond the club's control.

What price a flutter that FMA paid off OM and Ben Arfa to talk up Newcastle without any intention or chance of actually signing. I mean why make an actual signing when you can drum up interest just by pretending? Look forward to the official statemnt from the club about how Ben Arfa was the one that got away because of circumstances beyond the club's control.

As much as I dislike Ashley that's tinfoil bonnet stuff. Barmy.

French reports are saying a 1.2m Euro loan fee has been agreed and Ben Arfa is now free to agree personal terms. No idea how solid these sources are. The Daily Star is claiming he's already signed but we can safely ignore that one.