What's for lunch that's interesting or a bit different and isn't just a ham sandwich or some beetroot

wykikitoon

A pot noodle, which is enough to cause at least one Of Gemmill/Fish/Brock to faint and/or be sick in their mouths

Honestly never had one, nor a Super Noodle or anything of that ilk.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a quart of my finest Dandelion & Burdock bitter and the gosh darn hunger pangs started again. So I logged out of ebay with one final flourishing bid on that chemistry set and tore open the cupboard. Alas, to my dismay I already eated all of the food! 'Son of Shane!' I cried in despair. But then I saw it! A pot noodle, which is enough to cause at least one Of Gemmill/Fish/Brock to faint and/or be sick in their mouths.

I boilerised the water with something called a 'kettle' and delicately covered the noodles. I let that sit for a few minutes and finished it off - i got the little pack of sauce and gave it a swirl on top before digging in. :)

CT'd your post.

It's like something you'd make after 3 buckets :lol:

:lol: Once went through an omlette phase whenever I was baked like. Used to hoy anything I could find in them.

:lol: Once went through an omlette phase whenever I was baked like. Used to hoy anything I could find in them.

Even when bleary eyed and cotton mouthed, as you clung to the kitchen bench for fear of floating away, I'll warrant it never occurred to you to just hoy in a load of margarine.

I was in catered halls in the first year when I was at university so had what you'd call limited kitchen facilities (toaster and a kettle in other words). I did a few Pot Noodle sandwiches in like. 'Chicken' and mushroom with extra soy sauce. Made with Tesco Value thick sliced stodgy white bread. Lovely :lol:

Catered halls were terrible. The vegetarian option at my halls on more than one occasion was deep-fried veg with chips. :D

We had the wall-mounted kettle and a knackered microwave. No-one used the wall-mounted kettle at first as some bruin battleaxe of a lass lent her own kettle to the kitchen. She later removed it after a post night out argument and announced that she was removing kettle privileges because we were all twats. :unsure2:

I also remember wor lass once treating us both to a bachelor pasta 'n' sauce from the kitchen, reading the instructions wrong and serving up an msg broth with dehydrated pasta floating in it.

Clearly Fish needs to get down to Asda and spend his birthday voucher on some noodles as he's been missing out.

Got an unexpected day off, might take junior to Panis for lunch.

Garlic Prawns Fregula for Fists Snr.&Jnr.

Sounds nice. Since starting to watch the Sopranos, I've been messing about more with Italian food, just cos everything they eat on the show looks amazing.

I'm gonna get that Silver Spoon cookbook that apparently every house in Italy has, unless anyone has other recommends?

I've got Jamie's Italy obviously.

Two Greedy Italians (the first one) has some very good recipes in it. Think you can get it cheap from The Book People.

Ah nice one cheers. I was looking at their latest one in Tescos the other day. Will see if I can find this one, ta.