Gosling and Guthrie

harrynufc

With our team doing so well and players like Barton/Arfa/Tiote cementing their place in the starting 11, where do Gosling and Guthrie fit in to the current squad? I remember when the championship season finished, many of us were talking about how Guthrie has progressed well as a player and seems to do well in spreading the play and finding our wingers. Scored a cracker last season and before his injury and the signing of tiote, he was a guaranteed starter. The signing of Gosling was also one majority of us were happy with and most of us agreed that he could easily fit into our starting 11, is that still the case now with arfa and tiote in the team. Maybe they can play some part in the cup run, if theyre fit by then and we're still in it. Either way, its a good position to be in for the manager and exciting for the fans.

PS: We should bid 5 million plus Ameobi (lol) for Van Anholt in january, looked a cracking player when he played for us and looks even better now.

Our left back today was quality attack, similar to van aanholt. Not the greatest defender, he was supposedly marking Ranger when he scored our first.

On topic Guthrie is a good player who usually doesn't give up possession cheaply. He can also chip in a few goals. There will be time and chances for him this season. Gosling I'd like to see first, don't know a great deal about him.

looked decent from what i saw. steady back up for enrique. I rate guthrie. would be ideal for when we get a goal up against a better side, good for keeping the ball, though a bit lightweight in the tackle. also useful delivery from free kicks. bit like a lightweight Joey Barton really.

aye, the left back looked good. who was he? ferguson? never heard of him before last night's match

I watched him play against accrington and i rememeber thinking this guy looks half decent. Unfortunately for him, lua lua stole the limelight that day. Having said that he looks like a kid and doesnt have a footballers build. Hopefully he can get some meat and height on him in the years to come.

Guest Tuco Ramirez
Our left back today was quality attack, similar to van aanholt. Not the greatest defender, he was supposedly marking Ranger when he scored our first.

On topic Guthrie is a good player who usually doesn't give up possession cheaply. He can also chip in a few goals. There will be time and chances for him this season. Gosling I'd like to see first, don't know a great deal about him.

I thnk we've found a gem in Ferguson, so confident on the ball.

Agreed and it's amazing he's only 13.

Gosling can play right back, I'd give him a try there our weakest position.

:lol:

aye, the left back looked good. who was he? ferguson? never heard of him before last night's match

played against accrington as well

He's a winger I think. But has looked great at left back in the two games I've seen him this season.

Aye, he's a winger who is being developed into a left back, apparently. Looked good last night but he's such a delicate little flower, I go all motherly every time he gets the ball in case he gets snapped. :lol:

:lol:

Born 12th July 1991 according to .COM. Makes him 19 in my book....

He seems a canny player but I think he'l have to hit puberty before he hits top form. :lol:

Generally you need to have two players in every position, as it makes running training sessions easier.

Wingers

Arfa, Routledge & Jonas, so we are short by one. At a stretch Raylor.

Centre Midfield

Barton/Tiote/Smith/Gosling/Guthrie

So we are only one player up.