Newcastle United FC 5-1 5under1and AFC

Guest Tuco Ramirez

Saturdays and bonkers was the same place wasn't it? The bar under planet earth. Can't remember either having strippers.

Is this match going to sell out?

Bonkers had strippers before every home game so clearly you never used to go, that was the only reason people went there. Last time yee were on a night out clearly you went to the "Oxford" or "Presidents".

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stats ahead of the game.

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• Sunderland have won just three of the 16 matches they have played against Newcastle in the Premier League, although they picked up four points in the 2008/09 season.

• The Black Cats' victory in October 2008 was their first over Newcastle since a Niall Quinn header in 2000 gave them back-to-back victories at St James' Park.

• This is the 144th meeting between the sides. Newcastle have won 51, Sunderland 46 and there have been 46 draws.

Newcastle

• Newcastle are one short of 250 Premier League victories. They would become only the seventh club to reach this milestone should they win on Sunday.

• Newcastle have an excellent record in the north east derbies they have played against Sunderland and Middlesbrough, losing only six of 42 matches.

• Newcastle have allowed only 24 shots on target against them all season, which is less than any other side in the division.

• Striker Shola Ameobi has scored four goals in his last three matches against Sunderland.

Sunderland

• Sunderland's seven match unbeaten run in the league is their best in the top flight since the 1999/00 season.

• The Black Cats have a terrible record when they have played Premier League games on a Sunday, winning just nine of 55 matches.

• Sunderland's win over Aston Villa was their first victory without the help of a goal from Darren Bent in 14 months.

• They have gone 296 minutes without conceding a league goal.

I'd never heard of Saturdays before.

Planet Earth. *Shivers*. That brings back memories.

Same here. Standards change with age is all that needs saying. I remember having a row after Beardsley's testimonial with some Celtic lass from Aberdeen who said she thought Newcastle was a shithole and our fans were wank in PE.

Edited by WDP

Aye it was like. Maybe not have been at the period in time you are on about but when I used to go there (around 1994~2000) it was definately called Saturdays.

I've never been anywhere called Saturdays but I used to get in Bonkers 95-2000.

Where is the best for strippers before the match?

Idols is the scruffiest of joints imo, full of urchins and away fans. Sam jacks has rippers on now and again, the best place used to be that pub at the side of Planet Earth, it's doing my head in that I can't remember its' name now, does anyone know what it was called. Shut down about 10 years ago. The strippers didn't just strip that's all I'll say, and iirc was £2 a pint and you got a free whisky with everyone got in some right states before the match in there.

My mate just text me, he's been watching the toon training he saw Tiote's score two 30 yard screamers and Carroll hit the bar from 3 yards.

Is FYEO open on match day?

Dunno.

The Officers Deck is though you filthy porvort.

Cheers mate. Nothing better to get you in the mood for the mackems than staring at some filthy growlers for an hour beforehand.

Have you been?

Aye. Quality is variable, a lot of the dancers from Sam Jacks work there. I've not been on a matchday but I think they do matchday specials so the drink isn't as outrageously priced as those places usually are.

Aye it was like. Maybe not have been at the period in time you are on about but when I used to go there (around 1994~2000) it was definately called Saturdays.

Well, during my drug addled days we would go to Saturdays before Planet Earth opened. Then we knew a lass that worked there and she used to let us up the stairs at the back into Planet Earth at 10pm when it opened. Then at midnight downstairs used to open up again as a "chill out room".

Anyway, Saturdays/Bonkers did have strippers on every week without fail. The same lasses worked around the club on a night dancing.

Well, during my drug addled days we would go to Saturdays before Planet Earth opened. Then we knew a lass that worked there and she used to let us up the stairs at the back into Planet Earth at 10pm when it opened. Then at midnight downstairs used to open up again as a "chill out room".

Anyway, Saturdays/Bonkers did have strippers on every week without fail. The same lasses worked around the club on a night dancing.

You'd get the same old men at the front every week demanding their g strings in their mouth, total perverts, was just a bit crack for us before the game.

I'm starting to think Dr Gloom isn't even from round here.

Edited by WDP

Paul Merson doing the decent thing and admitting he was a wanker two seasons ago.

http://www.skysports.com/opinion/story/0,2...6474449,00.html?

Of course, the derby against Sunderland is the most pressurised game of all. I made a cardinal sin a couple of years ago when I said this wasn't a big derby game. Well, I was horribly, horribly wrong.

i used to go the saturday then upstairs to planet earth for the indy night on thursdays around 95-97. there were never any strippers around in them days. it definitely changed its name to bonkers stevie. i thought you would have known that being the board's resident uber geordie

i used to go the saturday then upstairs to planet earth for the indy night on thursdays around 95-97. there were never any strippers around in them days. it definitely changed its name to bonkers stevie. i thought you would have known that being the board's resident uber geordie

Was definitely Bonkers in 95, and did you have a PJ paintballing incident in Byker Grove, because as JAWD rightly pointed out it always had strippers on a weekend.

Where is the best for strippers before the match?

Idols is the scruffiest of joints imo, full of urchins and away fans. Sam jacks has rippers on now and again, the best place used to be that pub at the side of Planet Earth, it's doing my head in that I can't remember its' name now, does anyone know what it was called. Shut down about 10 years ago. The strippers didn't just strip that's all I'll say, and iirc was £2 a pint and you got a free whisky with everyone got in some right states before the match in there.

My mate just text me, he's been watching the toon training he saw Tiote's score two 30 yard screamers and Carroll hit the bar from 3 yards.

How thing's change. Remember being in Idols in 1996 before we played QPR. The place was filled with our lot and one bloke wearing a QPR shirt dared to walk in. Fuck me he was ripped apart!

The other place for strippers back then was Bonkers on Lower Friar St (where 'The Gate' is now). Was a fucking dive though!

EDIT: just seen the following posts - Dr Gloom, you must have had your fucking eyes shut, there was 2 naked lasses on the bar nearly all the fucking time back then - in fact I remember them bragging that they had 2 at a time whereas Idols only ever had one at a time! ;)

Saturdays and bonkers was the same place wasn't it? The bar under planet earth. Can't remember either having strippers.

Is this match going to sell out?

Bonkers had strippers before every home game so clearly you never used to go, that was the only reason people went there.

I remember one Saturday loosing my head between that blonde lass with the perm's bulbous chebs and having to watch the match with my head covered in shaving foam ;)

Was definitely Bonkers in 95, and did you have a PJ paintballing incident in Byker Grove, because as JAWD rightly pointed out it always had strippers on a weekend.

Might have been. I started going in '92 frequently but went in the late 80's when Planet Earth was Walkers. THE best club in Newcastle. Oh and 'shots had cracking strippers on a Saturday early '90s.

I found out in the best way possible that one of the lasses who worked for my Mam worked as a topless dancer in Idols. Apparently my Mam didn't know....

She had difficulty looking me in the face ever again whenever I went to my Mams work after that ;)

well perhaps it was before your time but when i started going to saturdays, it wasn't called bonkers and there definitely weren't any titties on display on the thursday indy night i used to go to. i would remembered that given i was only a bairn at the time. never went there on a weekend though. it was the shindig at the riverside for us in those days.

Looking pretty much like a sell out now like.

Apparantly, there will be black or white cards on our seats when we get in the ground again. There'll be over 50,000 according to .com.

Does anyone know if Graeme Danby is there again with his repetoire of insults for the mackems?