Obafemi Martins

JonTheMag

Just watching the Rubin Kazan game and I was wondering, would any of you take Obafemi Martins back into our current setup?

I liked him at the time when he was here, but given Carroll and Sholas form right now I wouldn't change a thing. He could do a job as a late sub up front on on the right wing though.

Thoughts?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ameobi is one of the best finishers in the world, it just takes about a minute for his brain to compute and to execute the correct strike. That's why he will never miss a penalty in his career, but during open play he sometimes struggles. Martins was just as capable as Shola of having an absolutely shite game, I'd rather not have any of the overpaid dickheads back from those years.

wasn't he one of the ones that didn't want to play for us in the championship? imo part of whats making us so capable atm is our team spirit and I dont think many of the players that stayed when we went down and have fought for us would be too happy about him waltzing back in and smashing all the seats at either side of the oppositions goal.

That being said from a footballing point he's always a threat with his pace and powerful shot (albeit wildly inaccurate) and I think he'd do better than his first time at us as having a tall target man like carroll beside him nodding balls onto him would give him more chances.

Ameobi is one of the best finishers in the world, it just takes about a minute for his brain to compute and to execute the correct strike. That's why he will never miss a penalty in his career, but during open play he sometimes struggles. Martins was just as capable as Shola of having an absolutely shite game, I'd rather not have any of the overpaid dickheads back from those years.

He's Yababu years as well apparenly.

I think he'd do better than his first time at us as having a tall target man like carroll beside him nodding balls onto him would give him more chances.

Not convinced, his football brain was inactive. He made bad runs, used his pace particularly badly and his attitude stank.

No thanks

I'll let Gemmill field this question.

Can't believe the question is even being asked tbh. The kid was borderline retarded, had the touch of a gigantic rapist and was a fucking disgrace in our relegation season.

Why the fuck would anyone want that fast spastic back?

I'd take him back 100%. He was the only player i would look forward to watching last season in the prem and for those who think our team is a lot better this time round think again. If we had lost to sunderland, i can assure you many of the above views would be different. Its not martins' fault that he had to play alongside 2 of the most horrendous players in the world (owen and shola). If that wasnt bad enough, he was having to resort to expecting through balls from nicky butt and alan smith. Fuck that. I genuinely reckon with barton on form to provide the crosses/thruballs and carrol to knock them down for the striker, obafemi would be a different player.

I'd take him back 100%. He was the only player i would look forward to watching last season in the prem and for those who think our team is a lot better this time round think again. If we had lost to sunderland, i can assure you many of the above views would be different. Its not martins' fault that he had to play alongside 2 of the most horrendous players in the world (owen and shola). If that wasnt bad enough, he was having to resort to expecting through balls from nicky butt and alan smith. Fuck that. I genuinely reckon with barton on form to provide the crosses/thruballs and carrol to knock them down for the striker, obafemi would be a different player.

:lol:

2009–2010 Wolfsburg 16 (6)

2010– Rubin Kazan 11 (2)

The same Gemmill that said Owen was still world class? Or the same Gemmill that was over the moon about us signing Smith? :lol:

The same Gemmill that said Owen was still world class? Or the same Gemmill that was over the moon about us signing Smith? :lol:

Owen was world class. Wuh Oh Zuh. :icon_lol:

And loads were pleased with us signing Smith tbf.

You know as well as I do though that Martins is fucking rubbish. :lol:

if i had the choice between shola and martins, on the same kind of money you'd need to be a spacker to choose shola

martins for newcastle 88apps(28goals)

shola for newcastle 217apps(45goals)

Lad alive.

Can't believe the question is even being asked tbh. The kid was borderline retarded, had the touch of a gigantic rapist and was a fucking disgrace in our relegation season.

Why the fuck would anyone want that fast spastic back?

:lol:

He would bring pace and the unexpected to our strike force though Gemmill...

Yeah nobody would be anticipating his runs across the halfway line, all the while trying to bring the ball under control. You're right about that. Lets get him back for that and his tantrums after he wellied another shot into some poor twat's face in the Gallowgate.