Obafemi Martins

JonTheMag

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll do the highest moment for me with Martins and the lowest...

Highest: Goal against Tottenham (away win)

Lowest: Roeder persuading with him from the touchline near the end of a game.. "10 more minutes Oba... Come on"

Best thing about him is that he inspired someone to come up with the username Overfriendly Martin. That Spurs game was good mind. Especially as we played with 10 men in effect.

We were fucking awful that day.

He scored an important brace away to Blackburn at one stage.

2nd half we did well, 1st half we were absolutely mullered.

His performance against Bolton where we won 3-1 was good as well. And in what game did the Glenn Roeder thing happen, got a video?

Feck.. Can't remember.. But remember being pissed off because it was a two-legged affair and we lost it in the 2nd leg after blowing away a lead in the first leg with just a few minutes left..

After getting the lead Martins shut up shop for the day.. wouldn't even close down defenders... walked around the place.. was live on telly whatever it was..

That spurs goal (my housemate at the time was a spud) made me tolerate all the utter shite that followed. But since he's been gone its been good fucking riddance. The only pacy player I can think of who managed to completely negate his major asset by being a complete tool and not knowing which way to fucking run. At least Shola knows which way he is going, even if hes standing offside all the time.

Edited by Bonamental

Whilst we're at it, why don't we dig out the Albert Luque one too :icon_lol:

OI! Don;t be draggin Luque into this... Luque was just a little unlucky.. Scored in a derby if i remember correctly... iirc in case there's any geeks out there...

OI! Don;t be draggin Luque into this... Luque was just a little unlucky.. Scored in a derby if i remember correctly... iirc in case there's any geeks out there...

Fourth goal in the 4-1 win at Stadium of Shite. Skipped away nicely to finish. Game was well and truly over by then though.

He also scored away at Palermo in UEFA cup, and got the assist for Shearer's 200th (I think) goal.

No ones claiming he's worth the 90k a week or 12m transfer

but for the same money Sholas on, you'd take Oba

Bit of a daft argument when you detest Owen yet the only thing you say to defend Martins when people point at his stint being just / virtually as bad is that he was on slightly less money and had a lower transfer fee.

He was to be fair - Overpriced, badly injured in his second game only to get back to full fitness to be managed by someone who hated his guts.

He had a great preseason under Fat Sam but his wages were daft so we shipped him on.

I'll let Gemmill field this question.

Can't believe the question is even being asked tbh. The kid was borderline retarded, had the touch of a gigantic rapist and was a fucking disgrace in our relegation season.

Why the fuck would anyone want that fast spastic back?

Fucking quality that response mind...fast spastic? pissing myself here :icon_lol: