How tall are you and what weight are you, Sugartits?

Guest WDP

So who's going to break it to him that not everyone has a Sunday roast every Sunday...?

But no reason why not?

Boils my piss when they put out these reports "don't eat meat, cheese etc", but then don't offer any alternatives.

I'm sure it's a doddle when your single or a couple to fanny on with lots of different stuff, but when your laying a table for five it's a bit trickier.

Also they say animal proteins no good between 50 - 65 but good for over 65's.

I'm sure they'll probably say its great for 5-20 year olds etc

Confused.com indeed.

Obviously you can't insist your entire family joins you on this latest whim, but there's loads of info available on the internet re what to eat as alternatives. Get yourself a book like River Cottage Veg which has a load of good veggie meals that are proper dinners without meat. Take your missus to Sky Apple Cafe in Heaton - they out some of their recipes up on the website too so if you like what they serve..

I basically only eat meat if we're out for dinner and if it's stated on the menu that it's free range or whatever. Fish only or just veggie meals in the house. And it's dead easy to do.

Obviously you can't insist your entire family joins you on this latest whim, but there's loads of info available on the internet re what to eat as alternatives. Get yourself a book like River Cottage Veg which has a load of good veggie meals that are proper dinners without meat. Take your missus to Sky Apple Cafe in Heaton - they out some of their recipes up on the website too so if you like what they serve..

I basically only eat meat if we're out for dinner and if it's stated on the menu that it's free range or whatever. Fish only or just veggie meals in the house. And it's dead easy to do.

How many diets have you had in the last 12 months? :lol:

:lol: Just that same one basically. The paleo thing was just a variation on the above, but too hard to be bothering with - no peanuts or any sort of bean, fuck that. Fish and veg has been the staple though.

:razz:

Cheers Gemmill

I could quite happily live on fish and asparagus etc but it would make life a lot easier to move everyone over to more healthier meals overall. (Not saying everyone else has to go veggie).

Usually we will have things like chile, lasagne, mince and dumplings, roast dinners currys etc and it's easier just to fit in.

Guess I could have a go at a nice roasted veg lasagne, etc

What about these fake meats (forgotten name) can you make a chile with them?

I'll look at that other stuff as well.

Cheers Gemmill

I could quite happily live on fish and asparagus etc but it would make life a lot easier to move everyone over to more healthier meals overall. (Not saying everyone else has to go veggie).

Usually we will have things like chile, lasagne, mince and dumplings, roast dinners currys etc and it's easier just to fit in.

Aye, can see you now. "Well, I don't WANT to eat this Lamb Curry you've knocked up. Nor do I want the Naan bread and Bhajis you've lovingly supplied for me. What's that? Wash it down with some Cobra? I REALLY shouldn't but OK, then"

You still getting out on your bike, Tooj? Can't wait for the weather to sort its life out and the clocks to change.

Got a mountain bike on the cycle to work this year and already thinking about maybe getting a road bike next year. Terrified of riding on the roads though cos some drivers are such cunts.

You still getting out on your bike, Tooj? Can't wait for the weather to sort its life out and the clocks to change.

Got a mountain bike on the cycle to work this year and already thinking about maybe getting a road bike next year. Terrified of riding on the roads though cos some drivers are such cunts.

Had a couple of rides recently and like you said I'm really anticipating the decent weather to come along.

So I've lost 15kg since the start of December and my BMI's still only just ducked back from "obese" into "overweight" territory. Go figure. Don't drink and drink, kids!

No wonder you only wanted to meet for coffee.

That's got to be the single biggest loss on these forums since Parky lost his mind in the summer of 2008.

Well done you.

:lol: Cheers. The next bit is where it gets tricky, mind, now that the "blame it on the Bacardi" pounds are off. :boogie:

No wonder you only wanted to meet for coffee.

Only way I can trust your wandering hands. :o

• 3 weeks later...

Let myself go a little lately resulting in a scale reading of 12-5 :( Attempting to regain control this week so I remain looking damn fine come the warm weather.

Me too.

I'm about 11-9 give or take a pound.

• 1 month later...