How tall are you and what weight are you, Sugartits?

Guest WDP

Didn't like the shitty music on that NHS one so I've made my own using the bits where she comes in and my own music selections.

Think I'll do that for each week as I go.

Here's week 1 if you want to use it CT...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByKcu35MQu-pNFlSNVVUUnVvS0U/edit?usp=sharing

:)

did run number 2 of week 1 today and covered 3.6km already. I'm not sure that it should take so long to reach the 5km target... unless you're a spherical person.

I've got long legs like, i walk 2.5km of that in 23 minutes and run the other KM in 8 minutes.

Any running I normally do I just go hell for leather and don't think about it though. This is brilliant for not being in agony at the end and being put off by exhaustion. I'm going to stick with it. I live 4.95km from work so it's the perfect distance to build up to slowly.

Just completed day 1 and feeling pretty euphoric.

The run / walk routine is much more enjoyable than simply running.

Excellent.

I just finished the first week last night. My remix for week 2 is lined up to start tomorrow...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByKcu35MQu-pNXNhTk1XSEpmdmM/edit?usp=sharing

Ray Charles, ELO, Simon and Garfunkle etc

:D

Excellent.

I just finished the first week last night. My remix for week 2 is lined up to start tomorrow...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByKcu35MQu-pNXNhTk1XSEpmdmM/edit?usp=sharing

Ray Charles, ELO, Simon and Garfunkle etc

:D

Might use that although just flicking through it went from hit the road jack to accordion music to something that sounded like accompanying music to an 80's Atari game!!

Can you notice any progress yet.

Okay, I detest running. In fact there aren't words to describe just how much I hate it. I was forced to do cross country at school despite being asthmatic and near-death by the end of it and it's absolutely scarred me ever since. I can swim like a fish (I've swam 5k before) and yet I always wished I could run and be enthusiastic about it but I've never even tried due to the aforementioned childhood trauma and extreme self-consciousness.

However. I'm going to bite the bullet and start this tomorrow, Apologies in advance because if by some miracle I'm running 5k in 8 weeks you will not hear the end of it (and I'm tempted to say that I'll show my arse in Fenwicks window but I'm NOT going to do that to the people of Newcastle)

So let's see. This is from someone who would literally (and has) let a bus pull away from a stop without me rather than run for it.

Okay, I detest running. In fact there aren't words to describe just how much I hate it. I was forced to do cross country at school despite being asthmatic and near-death by the end of it and it's absolutely scarred me ever since. I can swim like a fish (I've swam 5k before) and yet I always wished I could run and be enthusiastic about it but I've never even tried due to the aforementioned childhood trauma and extreme self-consciousness.

However. I'm going to bite the bullet and start this tomorrow, Apologies in advance because if by some miracle I'm running 5k in 8 weeks you will not hear the end of it (and I'm tempted to say that I'll show my arse in Fenwicks window but I'm NOT going to do that to the people of Newcastle)

So let's see. This is from someone who would literally (and has) let a bus pull away from a stop without me rather than run for it.

I was once told by a fitness instructor, that when you first start running, plan your route out, jog the for the first three minutes and walk the rest of the route out then increase your run by three minutes every day until you can run the whole course.

I was once told by a fitness instructor, that when you first start running, plan your route out, jog the for the first three minutes and walk the rest of the route out then increase your run by three minutes every day until you can run the whole course.

The app that we've been talking about for the last 3 pages has it all timed out ;)

Oh, and I genuinely can't run for 3 minutes!

Good luck! You'll be running 5k and beyond before you know it. And once your brain knows you can do it, you'll never lose the "fitness" to do it again, even if you take 3 months off.

Good luck! You'll be running 5k and beyond before you know it. And once your brain knows you can do it, you'll never lose the "fitness" to do it again, even if you take 3 months off.

My brain is definitely the problem. I can do Zumba for an hour, or swim for an hour without a problem but my head tells me that I can't run.

Good Luck @@catmag

Ive always hated running (along with most other exercise tbf), however the idea of setting off and knowing I dont have to run all the time certainly made a big mental difference. I actually found myself eager for the running bit to come on. I also found it hard doing a "light jog" as you instictively seem to want to go faster.

Im hoping I "get the running bug" doing this while the weathers canny and that that carries me through the colder months when its pissing down.

First things first though, Day 2 ;)

I hate running for anything more than 3 miles. I just get board. I can't imagine training for a marathon, got huge respect for those that do. Friends tell me you zone out and that's part of the appeal but I need short bursts of different types of training to keep me interested. I'll do a couple of laps of my park once a week. That's about it

I hate running for anything more than 3 miles. I just get board. I can't imagine training for a marathon, got huge respect for those that do. Friends tell me you zone out and that's part of the appeal but I need short bursts of different types of training to keep me interested. I'll do a couple of laps of my park once a week. That's about it

I think youd enjoy fight club.