How tall are you and what weight are you, Sugartits?

Guest WDP

At my heaviest since June 2012. :o The whole second half of this year has been a nightmare, I've had several difficult family problems and haven't been able to prioritise eating well/exercise. My willpower seems to be low too, any offer of nice food or drinks and I'm all over it at the minute.

It's actually only about 4lbs difference which I know is nowt but it's annoying that I can see my weight creeping up but keep getting distracted when I try and do something about it. Need my game face on.

Been playing 5 a side the past few weeks a couple of days a week on top of my other bits of training. It's had a massive impact on my all round fitness. I'm eating like a horse, way more than usual, but feel leaner everywhere and match sharpness has returned. You can't underestimate how important variation in training is

Put on a ton of weight over the past month for a bunch of reasons, gotta get back into better habits. Gonna dramatically reduce the carb/dairy intake I reckon.

Wish I didn't find running as boring as I do, as I'm convinced that's the best way to lose weight/shape up in London.

Try doing sprint drills instead of going for log steady pace runs. I find running at a steady lick for more than two or three miles dull too. Sprint intervals so you have time to catch your breath before going flat out again are quicker and more interesting - more efficient way to burn fat too.

Walking down a big flight of stairs or a steep hill then running up as fast as you can is good way to burn calories quickly.

....i should add that a change of diet and reducing booze consumption will always have the most noticeable impact in my experience. Exercise alone won't produce the same results.

I keep trying to introduce hill shuttles into my routine because I know it'll help with parkrun and endurance generally, but christ the pain a day or two afterwards. :lol:

Yeah but it's good pain because you know you've fatigued your muscles and they'll come back stronger.

Training this way never gets easier because you just end up pushing yourself that bit harder but the pain definitely becomes more manageable. From an agonising sensation of muscles feeling torn to a dull ache that can be quite pleasant psychologically because it's evidence you worked hard.

....i should add that a change of diet and reducing booze consumption will always have the most noticeable impact in my experience. Exercise alone won't produce the same results.

Oh aye, less beer and beef, more caipirinha and kale.

Yeah but it's good pain because you know you've fatigued your muscles and they'll come back stronger.

Training this way never gets easier because you just end up pushing yourself that bit harder but the pain definitely becomes more manageable. From an agonising sensation of muscles feeling torn to a dull ache that can be quite pleasant psychologically because it's evidence you worked hard.

Yeah, I can deal with that for most muscle groups, but there's something about the glutes... :crying::naughty::glare:

Put on a ton of weight over the past month for a bunch of reasons, gotta get back into better habits. Gonna dramatically reduce the carb/dairy intake I reckon.

Wish I didn't find running as boring as I do, as I'm convinced that's the best way to lose weight/shape up in London.

Bigger than when you were at uni and turned up looking like one of those things that chase fraggles down holes?

I like how you tried to spin cream cake eating.

Bigger than when you were at uni and turned up looking like one of those things that chase fraggles down holes?

:lol: No, thank God. Can't be doing with paying for two tickets on a plane.

I like how you tried to spin cream cake eating.

Thanks. I've learnt something.. does that count as me going to a "spin class"?

Edited by The Fish

17st 5lbs due to loads of shit, but....I'm allowed back to the gym a week on Monday for the first time in 15 months, I'll be 14st by February.

we need before and after pics for that

• 3 months later...

Shilajit is a hand-harvested resin made of primordial matter gathered from the Himalayan mountain ranges. It is an adaptogenic and neurostimulating mineral complex that contains over 18 amino acids.

Shilajit enhances the immune system and increases the bioavailability of nutrients. A known love potion, it increases core vital, creative and sexual energy.

One bottle is a single serving.

:lol:

i like my healthy eating but this yank lass is unbelievable. it's sparked some debate in our office as to whether it's fake. i haven't heard about half of the ingredients, most of it sounds made up

http://www.elle.com/beauty/health-fitness/a28600/amanda-chantal-bacon-moon-juice-food-diary/

Even if it taking the piss out of people like that there'll be someone like that