Newcastle United 0-0 Fulham

OTF

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fulham haven't won away for 20 odd games, and teams always seem to break these sort of runs against us. See also, strikers in a bad run of form and normally crap goalkeepers who will play out of their skins :pullhair:

I'd take a draw.

Barney to quote Oz off Auf Wiedesehen Pet, if this was big brother yeed be the first one oot that door!

Cheer up man, Fulham 1 in 25 away, the toon, just beat two sides in the top 8, in the last few weeks, Barton will be a miss yes but still everything to be positive about. If Shola is missing I would play Lovenkrands, I know many don't rate him but he offers something different and when he gets the chances his finishing is mint.

I'd take a draw.

Barney to quote Oz off Auf Wiedesehen Pet, if this was big brother yeed be the first one oot that door!

Cheer up man, Fulham 1 in 25 away, the toon, just beat two sides in the top 8, in the last few weeks, Barton will be a miss yes but still everything to be positive about. If Shola is missing I would play Lovenkrands, I know many don't rate him but he offers something different and when he gets the chances his finishing is mint.

His cloak of invisibilty is quite some weapon. :pullhair:

I'd take a draw.

I'd like to think us wanting to bounce back from Blackburns shite game and Fulhams crap away form will go on our favour and we can win this.

Reckon he'll have Nolan behind Carrol though.

Sorry for that negativity lads!

Just reckon another loss would be very damaging. We've a shite record against this lot too. I'd have taken a point from Blackburn also(said this in advance of the game, obviously!)

Sorry for that negativity lads!

Just reckon another loss would be very damaging. We've a shite record against this lot too. I'd have taken a point from Blackburn also(said this in advance of the game, obviously!)

Forget about records, we'd scored one goal in six games at the Emirates and we won, there's a record. Records are for people with big hair and dressing gowns. If you count up the amount of games every regular user of this board has ever seen, live or on telly it must be in the hundreds of thousands and we all know the early tempo is absolutely key. When we beat Barca 3-2 that was the all important thing for the toon. The key thing in this game is we start quick, it always is, especially at St James'. Quick impetus and we'll be flying. We looked hungover against Blackburn at the start well what I can remember, we need to get in to them, early goal, no negativity, HOWAY THE TOON. See Arsenal they start games like a whirlwind at home, yet we had three quarters of the ball first 10 minutes and they found it difficult to get out of their slumber. Novel experience this for me stone cold sober at the match, but howay Newcastle if we win this we can really start mapping out where we go this season.

Edited by WDP

Hopefully we have finally learnt our lesson and will start to play football in these kind of games at home. We need to show that we want to win these games from the first minute and stop this small team approach of unreasonable carefulness.

From Miles Starforth on Twitter

Amended #nufc team v #fulham: Krul; Simpson, Williamson, Coloccini, Enrique; Guthrie, Tiote, Nolan, Gutierrez; Carroll, Lovenkrands

subs: Soderberg, Campbell, S Taylor, Smith, Routledge, Ranger and...Xisco

---Krul---

---Simo---Willo---Colo---Enrique---

----Guthrie---Tiote---Nolan---Jonas---

---Lovenkrands---Carroll---

From Miles Starforth on Twitter

Amended #nufc team v #fulham: Krul; Simpson, Williamson, Coloccini, Enrique; Guthrie, Tiote, Nolan, Gutierrez; Carroll, Lovenkrands

subs: Soderberg, Campbell, S Taylor, Smith, Routledge, Ranger and...Xisco

---Krul---

---Simo---Willo---Colo---Enrique---

----Guthrie---Tiote---Nolan---Jonas---

---Lovenkrands---Carroll---

Not too unhappy with that. At least routledge and smith arent in.

4-1

Lovenkrands? Ugh. I'd rather Ranger played. Guthrie in for Barton seemed a natural choice - what's happening with Routledge? Hughton doesn't rate him any longer?

I predicted 3-0 against Fat Sam's rabble and we played like shit. I'll go back to 'negativity' and say we'll lose 1-2 again.

I'd have started Routledge RW and Guthrie CM with Nolan off Carroll. Never been impressed with Guthrie on the wing

Yeah, I'd worry that he'll drift inside too much and leave Wilson unprotected against Duff.

Guthrie really struggles out wide, don't recall him having any good games there. Hope he can turn things around. Routledge is well out of favor obviously!