Taylor new deal.

Park Life

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now howay, Derek assured Alan that Carroll will not be sold. What's given you reason to think he'd go against his word? hmmm ...

So, he'll definitely be sold if 12mill plus was offered. He couldn't resist the money being offered. I doubt he understands the importance of AC to our team.

On Taylor, he'd be my 3rd choice behind colo and williamson.

Now howay, Derek assured Alan that Carroll will not be sold. What's given you reason to think he'd go against his word? hmmm ...

So, he'll definitely be sold if 12mill plus was offered. He couldn't resist the money being offered. I doubt he understands the importance of AC to our team.

On Taylor, he'd be my 3rd choice behind colo and williamson.

“On Christmas Day I said to Andy, 'I do not want to talk for you; we are talking together. If you remain here it is great news for us. But it is important that you want to stay. Wanting to stay was the case that Andy put to me and it is great news because we will make sure he does. That is why I am so confident there will be no problem with Andy in January – or, hopefully, next summer”

Alan ‘Forked Tongue’ Pardew saying anything other than Andy Carroll won’t be sold in the near future.

i can't see him going in january for the sole reason no one really spends big in january.

the summer however 20m will not be turned down (not that it will be in jan either if it happened)

Even Ashley must be able to see that without AC the team would be relegation fodder. I don’t think we’ve ever been so reliant on one player.

• 2 months later...
Simply atrocious.

Shocking today. Shouldnt have been at RB before Simpson like. Backed off far too much for their 1st.

I'm not Taylor's biggest critic or supporter but have to agree with the merited criticism from today. I was impressed with him at right back when we went down, and thought he did pretty well there/as a 3rd cb against bolton but he was shocking today.

Worse than backing off for the goal was another one a few mins later (or earlier) when arteta ran at him from about 40 yards out and he backed off and off until arteta came into the penalty area, then he suddenly lunged in. Didn't get the ball, and thankfully didn't get enough of arteta to send him tumbling, but was incredibly stupid - if you're going to challenge do it before the penalty area, and if you're going to back off then commit to it fully.

Backing off is a recurring theme with our defence, and his performance today definitely didn't help things. The amount of times this season people have had time to pick out their shot from 6-18 yards out with a body or 2 on the line is shocking, and explains all the "unlucky" goals we have with 1 or more deflections. It needs addressing urgently regardless of which 4 are at the back

He was terrible today, looked like he didn't have a clue what he was doing or where he was supposed to be a lot of the time.

There was the incident that Neville3 described and another one in the second half where Everton were attacking down our right and he was just trotting along in a channel between the centreback and where he should have been. They had a field day down both flanks, so much space it was untrue.

He does the same thing all the time, backs off to the point that you think the attacker could run him right the way back to the goal if he wanted! As a centreback you won't get as exposed as will at fullback where wingers will run at you a lot more. Playing him there potentially cost us the game yesterday.

Shocking game from Taylor, made the first goal fro them by running to join the centrebacks instead of going out wide where a full back is supposed to be and spent the whole game backing off so far from Arteta the guy had the run of the pitch. I have literally no idea why he and any others who do it, think backing off miles from the attacker and inviting them into the box is of any fucking use!

Needs to be made to sit and watch Colocini for the nest few weeks and learn what he's supposed to be doing, you watch Colo and he gets into the right position, near the attacker without diving in and then either try to take the ball in a tackle or shepherd them away from danger, its not rocket science.

This season and last we have seen just why we paid 10mil for coloccini. He is top class. Imagine if we had someone like Hangeland alongside him instead of Williamson who im starting to get pissed off with. Taylor is decent but you'd think at his age he'd cut the shit out of his game?

This season and last we have seen just why we paid 10mil for coloccini. He is top class. Imagine if we had someone like Hangeland alongside him instead of Williamson who im starting to get pissed off with. Taylor is decent but you'd think at his age he'd cut the shit out of his game?

Coloccini's came into his own this past 18-20 month been our outstanding performer on a number of occasions, it is looking like £10 million was an alright deal. I reckon Williamson's been alright, i thought he would crumble in the Premiership, but he's proved is wrong and been pretty good, sometimes you watch him and think "fucking hell what you doing" but then seems to get out of it with a decent tackle

Williamson is an average defender, but you can't underestimate how important his partnership with Coloccini is to the team.

That was Pardew's biggest mistake yesterday, unsettling the unit at the back.

Williamson is an average defender, but you can't underestimate how important his partnership with Coloccini is to the team.

That was Pardew's biggest mistake yesterday, unsettling the unit at the back.

Especially with Guthrie on the bench, there was no need. Not that i think Guthrie is any good out wide particularly, but it would have meant the back 4 left alone with Simpson on Arteta instead of Taylor running away from Arteta and Guthrie whatever people on here think of him, would have offered more going forward than the other two did yesterday.