Andy Murray

LeazesMag

Now, I'm not saying that not winning Wimbledon means someone is shit or anything.

To be the 3rd, 4th or 5th best player in the world is some going. Newcastle United have never reached such heights in 40-odd years I've supported the club.

But Andy Murray ? Nadal may be a great player, and so is Federer. If he wants to win any major title he has to beat these, especially Nadal who is the same age.

But he's just lost again, when he "almost" won.

Choker ?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now, I'm not saying that not winning Wimbledon means someone is shit or anything.

To be the 3rd, 4th or 5th best player in the world is some going. Newcastle United have never reached such heights in 40-odd years I've supported the club.

But Andy Murray ? Nadal may be a great player, and so is Federer. If he wants to win any major title he has to beat these, especially Nadal who is the same age.

But he's just lost again, when he "almost" won.

Choker ?

Came close under Shepherd though surely? :lol:

I agree with you he'll probably end up a nearly man, he's good enough to beat any of them and indeed has, but when its a major tournament or a final you just expect the main men to beat him. Also in tennis you've usually won your first of the 4 majors by his age if you're ever going to win one, though that doesn't mean he won't, but it'll be tough.

He's unfortunately playing at the same time as Federer and Nadal so doesn't stand much chance really but I'd also agree with him being a bit of a nearly man iirc Djokovic won the Australian open the other year so there are opportunities to win the big comps. Good player though just unlucky.

• 2 months later...
Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

Murray has a chance of his first Grand Slam this morning, he's in the final with Djokovic, just stuck a score on him at 6/4, 4-4 in the first set, all the games have went with serve so far. I think this would be his first major win ever Murray.

Hey I never knew he was in one of the classrooms in Dunblane when Thomas Hamilton killed all them kids. Poor cunt.

Murray has a chance of his first Grand Slam this morning, he's in the final with Djokovic, just stuck a score on him at 6/4, 4-4 in the first set, all the games have went with serve so far. I think this would be his first major win ever Murray.

Hey I never knew he was in one of the classrooms in Dunblane when Thomas Hamilton killed all them kids. Poor cunt.

Lost the first set. Djokovic looking strong I'm afraid, Stevie

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

A naa am watching it through blurry eyes on Eurosport, Murray's still in there fighting. He needs to win this set like or that's it fucked, and Djokovic looks like he's gonna break him here. Andy Murray's mother is one woman I can't and don't want to imagine having sex by the way. She should get a job the lazy cow.

A naa am watching it through blurry eyes on Eurosport, Murray's still in there fighting. He needs to win this set like or that's it fucked, and Djokovic looks like he's gonna break him here. Andy Murray's mother is one woman I can't and don't want to imagine having sex by the way. She should get a job the lazy cow.

Murray looks knackered and on his way out. We've fucked it over and are watching Phoenix Nights instead...might spark a change of luck maybe :)

Henman secretly happy that Murray hasn't made him look a twat by winning one of these things.

Henman never even got to a major final, but at the moment they are looking at having much the same sort of career...very good players, but lacking that extra you need to win the big ones.

Murray looked like hed been up all night smoking crack from about the middle of the first set. Djokovic got almost everything Murray hrew at thim back, sometines unbleiveably. Fair play, great player.

9 sets to 0 for Djokovic in his quarter, semi (vs. Federer) and the final. Pretty impressive for someone who's been a bit of a choker in his time too, even if Murray did make it easy for him. That said, if Murray doesn't get a slam in the next year or two now that Federer's on the slide and Nadal's body is breaking, he never will.

Another good shoeing for the Scottish Sourpuss, has he even won a set at any of the finals he's played in?

aye, he's Scottish again because he lost :)

his mother looks a hard faced bitch mind

Edited by LeazesMag

I asked my Orkadian colleague if he would be donning the kilt and scottish shirt for the final today in support of Murray. "Why would I want to wear a skirt? I'm Orkadian." says he. :)

When I read the first line about Murray's semi final the other day, it referred to his 'error-strewn match'. I didn't hold out much hope for him in the final.

I never did subscribe to this 'English/Scottish when they're losing and British when they're winning' shite. A complete myth. Yes, the respective nationalities are happy when their boy is doing good, but the vast majority hold the 'he's British' card in their heart at all times, regardless of victory/defeat, in my opinion.

Edit: It's 'their' not 'they're', you stupid potato heed. :razz:

Edited by snakehips

I just save him the bother and point out that he is in no way, shape, or form a brit. Miserable tosser always moaning about how the british sports fans rely on him when hes winning etc etc. Still a miserable tosser at the end of the day, can't actually finish anything - ugly fucker to boot.

Obviously a Scot