Alan Pardew - Poltroon sacked by a forrin team

Kid Dynamite

What does Pardew Deserve?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

He's making the same mistakes too consistently. Every other game I'd understand it, but not as much as he has been.

I'm talking about attitudes, that are ingrained in his way of thinking, that aren't going to suddenly disappear.

For that he has to go.

Edited by Monroe Transfer

Still think he deserves the chance to prove this season is a blip. The moyes example is a good one. He needs backing but after that there are no excuses. He'll be under big pressure next season.

In what way might I ask?

Still think he deserves the chance to prove this season is a blip. The moyes example is a good one. He needs backing but after that there are no excuses. He'll be under big pressure next season.

Im in that camp too. However MT's point about attituted is a valid one. Its the mindset we so often go out with that worries me.

He's making the same mistakes too consistently. Every other game I'd understand it, but not as much as he has been.

I'm talking about attitudes, that are ingrained in his way of thinking, that aren't going to suddenly disappear.

For that he has to go.

I said all of this late October and you "Jesus Wept" me :(

Astounds me this sort of thinking.

Everything he has done this season has demonstrated the same backward negative thinking. A few weeks in the sun wont help him see the light.

Probably something to do with the fact that only a few months earlier you thought that he was good enough to be England manager.

Another thing I dont think I actually said. :)

But even though I thought he was good last year, I quickly admitted my mistake this year, unlike you who has cowardly dodged from sacking to not sacking from week to week. ;)

Cowardly ffs. :pmsl:

All I have done was try to stick by a man that last season guided us to our best league position in donkey's years.

I have also offered what I feel to be honest criticism of him whilst at the same time hoping that he would pull it together, which at the moment seems so far from a reality.

​I've also tried to succinct my point as best as I can. Whereas you just seem to think that if you shout loudest then people will listen to you and come across with an attitude you know better than everybody else despite admitting you don't know much of how the game works outside of Newcastle United.

I have offered opinions on why I want Pardew not to be our manager as well as saying who I want to replace him and why I want them to replace him. Yet all you do is come in here and try and score points by being petty like you do in other threads.

Cowardly ffs. :pmsl:

All I have done was try to stick by a man that last season guided us to our best league position in donkey's years.

I have also offered what I feel to be honest criticism of him whilst at the same time hoping that he would pull it together, which at the moment seems so far from a reality.

​I've also tried to succinct my point as best as I can. Whereas you just seem to think that if you shout loudest then people will listen to you and come across with an attitude you know better than everybody else despite admitting you don't know much of how the game works outside of Newcastle United.

I have offered opinions on why I want Pardew not to be our manager as well as saying who I want to replace him and why I want them to replace him. Yet all you do is come in here and try and score points by being petty like you do in other threads.

Not quite the truth Johnny ;)

You wanted him to stay and called others for wanting him gone.

Then you slipped in later that you also wanted him gone.

Then when someone questioned you on it you denied it and simply said "according to Christmas tree".

Then you changed again and said you did want him gone.

Just stick to your principals and stop trying to go with the "group". ;)

No I didnt :lol: You tried to be clever and say you wanted an "upgrade" implying that some of us just wanted him gone for anyone.

Seeing as you can't name a replacement you do don't you? :lol:

Can't even remember if I have asked this recently actually or not so apologies if I have.

For those out there that still back Pardew - what is it about his managerial ability that makes you think that he is the man to take us forward?

Can't even remember if I have asked this recently actually or not so apologies if I have.

For those out there that still back Pardew - what is it about his managerial ability that makes you think that he is the man to take us forward?

Cant really see Ashely forking out the cash for someone who can.

So rather than get in another mediocre manager just give the guy another year and hope he learns from his mistakes.

In what way might I ask?

Because they stuck with him the season after finishing 4th when he had a mare. And have established themselves as a team that usually finishes around about 6th place since then. Continuity and stability is a good thing. Not saying Pardew is going to emulate Moyes and do a good enough job to keep his role for ten years but he's earned the chance to prove this season is a blip. We've chopped and changed managers consistently over the last decade and bag suffered for it.

I've never thought he was the man to take us forward so it's a bit of a weighted question. I don't believe anyone can take us forward under Ashley (I consider forward being regularly challenging for Europe, not just as a one off). I can give you a few reasons why Pardew does not deserve the sack though...

1. Last Season - I was most vocal about our good fortune last season, but as we continued to push for 4th after christmas I had to hand it to Pardew. He had ground out the results to achieve way over the expectations any of us could possibly have had.

2. His Ratio - His results are still better than Dalglish, Allardyce, Gullit & Souness. Men who inhereted MUCH better squads and then got handed cash to spend as they chose, while Pardew does the job with one hand behind his back and gets what he is given. He also has a better ratio than Hughton, the man he replaced. That's not because of last seasons success bumping the numbers either, he's better than them on recent form as well. In the last 10 games he's won over 43% of points, which is better than all the above bar Dalglish.

3. His misfortune - Look at last years player of the season polls. And remind yourself how many games each of our best players has missed this year. Coloccini missed 3 games last year, He's already missed 15 this year. Krul's missed 10 as opposed to none. Cabaye has missed 14 compared to 4. Ba only missed 6 games last season. Ben Arfa missed 18 games last year but has sat out 21 already this year. Gutierrez missed 1 last year, 5 so far this. I can not stand to hear Pardew complain about this. We have a squad of pros and he should not give those coming in the excuse of lowered expectations....however we have to accept that missing half your best players for half the season each is going to prompt a drop in form.

4. I have still been entertained - Whether starting the season with a win against Spurs or knocking in 4 against Southampton, playing to last minute to score dramatic winners against Anzi, Fulham, Stoke, Chelsea and West Brom or going to the quarter finals of the Europa and running Benfica close. This season has still had a canny enough share of moments.

5. We are creative - despite the perception otherwise. We've won 1 point from 2 games where we have had a total of 40 shots and our opponents have only had 27. We aren't being dominated in games at all (Man City apart), we are set up to make chances and Pardew cannot put those chances away, it's down to the players on the park.

6. His replacement - I have not seen a single suggestion of anyone whatsoever that I believe Mike Ashley would bring to the club or that I think will necessarily be any better. Whenever the question is asked it's either "anyone but", jokey suggestions like Hitzfeld or unproven managers of lower league, relegation bait or foreign clubs. There may be someone with potential that would jump at it, and if it's announced that Pardew has been sacked and a replacement is already in place I won't shed too many tears, I would hate to see us look through the dregs that are looking for work though, having got rid of a bloke still performing reasonably well.

Because they stuck with him the season after finishing 4th when he had a mare. And have established themselves as a team that usually finishes around about 6th place since then. Continuity and stability is a good thing. Not saying Pardew is going to emulate Moyes and do a good enough job to keep his role for ten years but he's earned the chance to prove this season is a blip. We've chopped and changed managers consistently over the last decade and bag suffered for it.

How is stability a good thing if we are loitering above the relegation zone?

How is stability a good thing if we are loitering above the relegation zone?

Wigan has been stable just hoovering above the dropzone every season with Roberto Martinez, he's not getting the sack. The difference though, is that Wigan would be fighting for their life in Championship without him, and we would be fighting in the top 10 without Pardew.