Alan Pardew - Poltroon sacked by a forrin team

Kid Dynamite

What does Pardew Deserve?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Have you seen what they get away with man? :lol:

They are basically Stoke in blue, professional fouls all over the shop to break up the play. Watch Felliani for ten minutes - dirty bastards.

Moyes isn't coming here, forget it.

Moyes is looking for a step up, not sideways. Stevie can fill 4 sheets of A3 on why he thinks we're a bigger and better club but that's not how we're viewed by the wider football public. Not sure even if Moyes will go anywhere. Who's he been linked with?...Manu?...not for a couple of seasons yet I wouldn't have thought.

He wants to manage in the Bundesliga.

Moyes is a just a better version of Pardew. He isn't what most people on here want in a future manager. He'd make us harder to beat again but the football won't be pretty and he'd favour grafters over flair players. I hear these complaints all the time from Everton supporters in my family.

Moyes is a just a better version of Pardew. He isn't what most people on here want in a future manager. He'd make us harder to beat again but the football won't be pretty and he'd favour grafters over flair players. I hear these complaints all the time from Everton supporters in my family.

You can't compare the two in all honesty. Despite being younger Moyes has a history of challenging for Europe in the Premier League whereas Pardew has achieved that once in his whole managerial career. Plus he sets his teams out with specific game plans and players seem to know what their roles are in that plan.

You can't compare the two in all honesty. Despite being younger Moyes has a history of challenging for Europe in the Premier League whereas Pardew has achieved that once in his whole managerial career. Plus he sets his teams out with specific game plans and players seem to know what their roles are in that plan.

Honestly, I think Moyes is a better manager than Pardew but their brand of football is very similar. It's a containment first, keep it compact style rather than the more expansive style like I think a lot of us would like to see us adopt. I know this because my old man is an evertonian and he never shuts up moaning about the likes of Neville and Osman always starting. I always point out the fact he's done wonders on a tight budget but my dad would like to see Everton play attractive football from time to time - they don't.

Plus Moyes' boss stuck with him the year after Everton had the wobble season comparable to the one we're having now. Who knows if Moyes would have achieved as much if Kenwright hadn't shown faith and given him more time after that one season blip.

Everton fans were saying similar things then to what many of our lot are now.

I'd have Moyes but I agree he represents a similar brand of football to Pardew's. Not an ideal choice by any means. But he wouldn't touch us with a barge pole anyway.

Re: the poll, needs a "sack him when we're safe/sack him at the end of the season" option.

Honestly, I think Moyes is a better manager than Pardew but their brand of football is very similar. It's a containment first, keep it compact style rather than the more expansive style like I think a lot of us would like to see us adopt. I know this because my old man is an evertonian and he never shuts up moaning about the likes of Neville and Osman always starting. I always point out the fact he's done wonders on a tight budget but my dad would like to see Everton play attractive football from time to time - they don't.

Plus Moyes' boss stuck with him the year after Everton had the wobble season comparable to the one we're having now. Who knows if Moyes would have achieved as much if Kenwright hadn't shown faith and given him more time after that one season blip.

Everton fans were saying similar things then to what many of our lot are now.

Difference being as well was that Moyes was a very young manager then so there was nothing to prove that he couldn't get them further up the table, whereas Pardew is far more experienced than Moyes was then and has never showing any staying power in the Premier League once his teams go on a slide. Plus Everton's team back then was nowhere near as good as ours is now. So that's why I don't think there's anything at all in the Moyes comparison.

IF we decided to change managers in the summer, I'd like to see us go in for someone like Christophe Galtier at AS Saint-Etienne. I'd like to see us move away from 'comfort' zones and try something different. Seems to be doing a good job at AS S-E, and they play attractive, exciting football too.

Comparison of how Pardew has got results before his squad was bolstered and after.....

League Win Ratio before Window closed - 25%

League Win Ratio after Window closed - 40%

League Points won before Window closed - 33%

League Points won after Window closed - 43%

Cup "points" % before window - 44%

Cup "points" % after window - 50%

Combined league/cup "points" % pre-window - 36%

Combined league/cup "points" % post-window - 46%

I wonder what those percentage points say at the end of the year though.

Even if we lost all the remaining games, his win ratio since the window will remain better than it was in the first 24 games when the squad was threadbare.

If we win over 1 more point then his points ratio can't drop lower either.

I think we'll win more than 1 point from the remaining 4 games.

1. Tactically inept at times. Other managers have time and time again changed things at half time and what has Pards done in response whenever a team has put pressure on us? That's right, start punting long balls

I think a lot of criticism aimed at Pardew comes from cliches that were apparent in2012. I believe he has addressed the long ball issue to a degree in 2013...but people still see ANY long balls as proof that he's not improving things on that score.

Yes, we still have the highest average for long balls in the league with 70 per game. But the question to ask is whether that has persisted all season, or was it exacerbated by injuries, extra games, inexperience and inability?

Look at our fixtures since the January window...

West brom - 48 long balls (25 from Elliot)

Mackems - 47

Benfica - 73

Fulham - 46

Benfica - 63

Man City - 47

Wigan - 53

Anzi - 62

Stoke - 59

Anzi - 67

Swansea - 41

Southampton - 72

Metalist - 53

Metalist - 75

Spurs - 58 (36 from Krul)

Chelsea - 64

So, only 3 games in the 16 since the squad was improved have seen us hit the average 70 long balls.

Over those 16 games the average number of long balls we have hit has been 58.

alm0lk.jpg

Since we brought in some quality we hit less long balls than the averages of 15 other teams in the league.

I know I'm cementing my statto status here, but if I just said "Pardew has reduced our reliance on long balls" I'd be told I was talking shite.

It's lazy criticism based on reputation rather than how games have gone more recently.

We may lapse into it sometimes, but overall there's been significant improvement.

We would be 8th right now if we'd won 46% of our points all year (47 points)

Pretty much where the majority of people expected us to end up.

Pardew's limitations have been laid bare this season, however he's not the abomination that the melodramatic crowd are making out. The inescapable truths are that:

1. We have been crippled by injuries (and injuries to key individuals specifically).
  2. The thin squad that was incredibly lucky in terms of injuries and suspensions last season wasn't strengthened properly until January
  3. The extra games in Europe stretched that thin squad to breaking (West Brom was our 50th game this season It was their 34th)
  4. Pardew isn't getting the best out of the players that are fit
  5. There are issues on the pitch that are a direct result of coaching (Our set-pieces are a disgrace for example and that's not quality of the player, it's the quality of the coaching)

I understand why people think getting shot of Pardew would solve some of these problems (4 & 5), but the underlying issues (the lack of strength in depth) can only be resolved by better luck on the injury front and by the Owner signing more players at the right time.

1. There are issues on the pitch that are a direct result of coaching (Our set-pieces are a disgrace for example and that's not quality of the player, it's the quality of the coaching)

Even that, I think, is over-egged. Bored to death of people telling me how few we have scored from corners. Well, aye, we have got one 5 foot 10 striker. All of our big centre backs at the club probably aren't in double figures for their entire careers.

Wigan have scored 3 times as many goals from corners as Arsenal. Does the fact that QPR have scored 4 corners this season ease the pain of embarrassing relegation.

It is very frustrating the lack of goals our defenders get. I remember at the end of last season Pardew saying it was something he wanted to address and hopefully sign someone who can score up to eight goals from the back a season. Hopefully it'll be an area which gets solved in the summer.

Pretty much where the majority of people expected us to end up.

Pardew's limitations have been laid bare this season, however he's not the abomination that the melodramatic crowd are making out. The inescapable truths are that:

1. We have been crippled by injuries (and injuries to key individuals specifically).

2. The thin squad that was incredibly lucky in terms of injuries and suspensions last season wasn't strengthened properly until January

3. The extra games in Europe stretched that thin squad to breaking (West Brom was our 50th game this season It was their 34th)

4. Pardew isn't getting the best out of the players that are fit

5. There are issues on the pitch that are a direct result of coaching (Our set-pieces are a disgrace for example and that's not quality of the player, it's the quality of the coaching)

I understand why people think getting shot of Pardew would solve some of these problems (4 & 5), but the underlying issues (the lack of strength in depth) can only be resolved by better luck on the injury front and by the Owner signing more players at the right time.

Thing is, I think its fair to say that possibly 3 of the January deals just weren't possible in the summer on the terms we eventually agreed...Debuchy, Sissoko and Yanga. A lot of people like this policy. Or possibly a lot of people liked this policy when we finsihed 5th. The policy hasnt changed though. Theres a lot of criticism for Ashley for not strengthening in the summer, but if he had done it may have cost the club 5-10million more. We cant have it both ways, and there has been a lot of praise for this policy.