Alan Pardew - Poltroon sacked by a forrin team

Kid Dynamite

What does Pardew Deserve?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I didn't mention Cabaye. Anyone but Gosling would have done me.

You said...

I'd rather get more convincing results with someone better in his place.

Tiote was injured, so Cabaye is the only other experienced central midfielder that could ensure a convincing win. So you'll have to be specific than "someone better" and "anyone but Gosling", who exactly?

Vuckic, Raylor, Perch, Anita?

There's no way any of them would have got a "more convincing result" . All this while the fact remain Pardew got everything he set out to achieve.

If you'd made the point in a Gosling thread then fair enough, you are entitled to your incorrect opinion, but to level it at Pardew is laughable.

I don't understand why AP is sticking to this fuckin shite 442.

Why not commit to the 4231 and use Ba in behind Cisse? Ba drops deep anyway and a more central partnership with Cisse might blossom. If not the let him do a job on the left, Jonas on the right and Ben Arfa in the hole. Cabaye could play that role too if we went with Anita and Tiote in central midfield.

We have the players for the system it just needs commitment and conviction in selection.

I don't understand why AP is sticking to this fuckin shite 442.

Why not commit to the 4231 and use Ba in behind Cisse? Ba drops deep anyway and a more central partnership with Cisse might blossom. If not the let him do a job on the left, Jonas on the right and Ben Arfa in the hole. Cabaye could play that role too if we went with Anita and Tiote in central midfield.

We have the players for the system it just needs commitment and conviction in selection.

My guess is he promised Ba he'd give him more time upfront so he wouldnt leave on the cheap.

I agree 4231 suits our players and is a much better formation. I think he'd be better off rotating Ba/Cisse as the main man.

My guess is he promised Ba he'd give him more time upfront so he wouldnt leave on the cheap.

I agree 4231 suits our players and is a much better formation. I think he'd be better off rotating Ba/Cisse as the main man.

Aye. Ba is the reason we are using 442 so much in a game which has quickly moved away from that formation. Less teams use it and we have arguably one of the best sets of players to use the 4231 well. With many options within that.

I think if I was in charge I would be tempted to drop Cisse and go with the 4231 with Jonas, Marveaux and Ben Arfa supporting. It would or at least should light a fire in Cisses stomach.

Aye. Ba is the reason we are using 442 so much in a game which has quickly moved away from that formation. Less teams use it and we have arguably one of the best sets of players to use the 4231 well. With many options within that.

I think if I was in charge I would be tempted to drop Cisse and go with the 4231 with Jonas, Marveaux and Ben Arfa supporting. It would or at least should light a fire in Cisses stomach.

Aye, it could also extinguish one as well, considering we bought him to score goals, which he can't do if he's dropped.

He can't just promise someone who is playing shit, especially in front of goal, an eternity of playtime just because he said so. There has to be a system of who deserves it the most. Look at other teams who plays 451 they have more than just one star striker in their team who wants to play.

We're five games into the season. If something doesn't work it'll get changed soon enough but in the short term and this early on in the season certain things are going to be persevered with.

This is true and I fully expect Pardew to stick with 442.

AP thinks Cisse and Ba will come good as a partnership and with Tiote back in the middle with Cabaye, the system will work. It could but I, like most think we are more suited to 4231.

Problem is not that we will play particularly bad, due to the quality of our first eleven. The problem is that we will never play particularly well either because AP is not evolving his philosophies to the potential of our players, which in my opinion is among the best in the league and deserves something even better.

Cisse is a finisher, he needs chances to shoot, and when he gets them, he'll convert a fair old share of them. He's had a couple of chances so far this season, but i cant help think that we should have given him more chances to score. Can't see that dropping him would be of any benefit to anyone if im being honest!

If we had a pardew meter it would definitely be dropping today. Not only did he set the team up wrong to start with he waited until the 85th minute before changing it. That is simply poor management on any scale.

Second season syndrome? Manager of the year syndrome? etc etc.

Hope not.

DROP FUCKING JONAS

If we had a pardew meter it would definitely be dropping today. Not only did he set the team up wrong to start with he waited until the 85th minute before changing it. That is simply poor management on any scale.

Second season syndrome? Manager of the year syndrome? etc etc.

Hope not.

DROP FUCKING JONAS

We played that way quite a lot last year so I don't think it's any second season syndrome.

We played that way quite a lot last year so I don't think it's any second season syndrome.

Everybody within a 10 metre radius of me was calling for Marveaux. We cant go on simply relying on HBA to do it all from the right.

We need a left threat, particularly at home to shit clubs.

Disgrace the way we played today.

Everybody within a 10 metre radius of me was calling for Marveaux. We cant go on simply relying on HBA to do it all from the right.

I agree with you Christmas Tree.

Do you think that it's second season syndrome though?