Alan Pardew - Poltroon sacked by a forrin team

Kid Dynamite

What does Pardew Deserve?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I wanted Pardew out but I had no faith Ashley would appoint anyone better. Sadly that is exactly how it has turned out and we're left with a guy clearly out of his depth and another waste of a season.

The only previous time that Ashley has promoted from within was with Hughton. He soon decided he wanted "better" once promoted, so dumped him off unceremoniously once he'd taken the time to find the right fitting manager for him.

Can't see any different with Carver. Clearly holding the role for someone else. Whether that someone else is up to scratch remains to be seen.

I wanted Pardew out but I had no faith Ashley would appoint anyone better. Sadly that is exactly how it has turned out and we're left with a guy clearly out of his depth and another waste of a season.

Ashley hasn't "appointed" Carver, he's simply hasn't yet appointed the man he wants. Carver is a temporary incumbent, I'd be astonished if he were given the role full time and I'm yet to see a realistic reason as to why that would happen. All I've seen so far is "Ashley would save money", well, frankly that's horeshit.

I think the whole country are thinking aye I bet Newcastle fans wish they'd shut the fuck up about Pardew. NO NO NO! We had one decent season under him, decent spells in one or two, but generally utterly shit. The worst thing was even when we were winning, the football wasn't great. When we came 5th the football wasn't great, and 80% of the time it was boring or total pish.

Personally I'm delighted he's gone, Carver went to my school, but he's not a football manager well certainly not under a horrific owner who deserves a helicopter crash.

I think the whole country are thinking aye I bet Newcastle fans wish they'd shut the fuck up about Pardew. NO NO NO! We had one decent season under him, decent spells in one or two, but generally utterly shit. The worst thing was even when we were winning, the football wasn't great. When we came 5th the football wasn't great, and 80% of the time it was boring or total pish.

Personally I'm delighted he's gone, Carver went to my school, but he's not a football manager well certainly not under a horrific owner who deserves a helicopter crash.

the owner didn't take the fans views into account in any case. Not that the press will focus on that as it's easier to spoon feed the fickle Geordies shite to their readership

Funny how the fans of every team he's managed can't stand the twat.

But, yep, we are fickle :dunno:

People don't care about knowing the truth, they're more comfortable within their ignorant bias.

True of religion, politics and more importantly, sport.

Ashley hasn't "appointed" Carver, he's simply hasn't yet appointed the man he wants. Carver is a temporary incumbent, I'd be astonished if he were given the role full time and I'm yet to see a realistic reason as to why that would happen. All I've seen so far is "Ashley would save money", well, frankly that's horeshit.

Aye. Sorry, I forgot - we're getting Remy Garde and a slew of good players in in the summer innit.

JFK twice.

:lol: how stroppy do you sound Gloomy?

If we accept that Mike Ashley's main aims are to have a premier league vehicle for Sports Direct and for that vehicle to cost him & SD little to nothing it makes no sense for him to employ John Carver long term.

But it's more cathartic to hoy your toys about I suppose ;)

Fish, I have no idea if Carver will get the job full time. I hope Ashley will see what the rest of us see and look elsewhere. But even even if he does, I still don't trust him to bring in anyone better than Pardew.

And I still don't see how you can confidently predict he will appoint someone good, given this is the man that appointed Pardew in the first place and JFK twice, and Dennis Wise etc etc. ... his track record suggests it will be someone shit, doesn't it?

However, If he bucks the recent trend and gives the job to a highly rated foreign coach, like you're saying he will, then I will be the first to hold my hands up, say I was wrong and congratulate you on your quite remarkable clairvoyance.

Fish, I have no idea if Carver will get the job full time. I hope Ashley will see what the rest of us see and look elsewhere. But even even if he does, I still don't trust him to bring in anyone better than Pardew.

And I still don't see how you can confidently predict he will appoint someone good, given this is the man that appointed Pardew in the first place and JFK twice, and Dennis Wise etc etc. ... his track record suggests it will be someone shit, doesn't it?

However, If he bucks the recent trend and gives the job to a highly rated foreign coach, like you're saying he will, then I will be the first to hold my hands up, say I was wrong and congratulate you on your quite remarkable clairvoyance.

This was why I thought Ashley would be getting a better manager in.

http://www.themag.co.uk/2014/09/mike-ashley-ready-invest-manager-now/

That was back in September, 3 months before Pardew left.

There is of course still a huge debt at the club (£129m), in March 2015 we’ll find out if Ashley has been repaid the £18m suggested in the last set of accounts, but the accounts have always been clear about that being repayable, and the remaining £111m being ring-fenced. As long as that remaining debt is not recalled (big if)then it wouldn’t make sense to me for a man who is all about growing his businesses to limit the potential at the club.

Will this be laid bare in the financial results, or will it take some juggling of the figures?

Will this be laid bare in the financial results, or will it take some juggling of the figures?

It will be clear. Accounts always state the debt position of the club and as all of our long term debt is to ashley We'll see if that comes down to £111m or further.

There was a few million on an overdraft last year, but that can change week to week.

Pardew delivered what Ashley wanted, at the time he wanted, for the price he wanted.

I don't believe Ashley wants Newcastle to be bottom half, or playing shit, he just wasn't prepared to take a risk on employing a more expensive coach at that time. I don't agree with that approach, I think in a market like the Premier League where there are so many variables, you should set your club up to be in a position to take advantage of other clubs' misfortunes and then, when you've done that, look to move your plans forward accordingly.

Southampton and Swansea both did this as they were promoted up the leagues, but when we finished 5th, Ashley preferred to avoid risk and stick to his original timeline.

I believe that the paper thin squad, the outgoing players like Colo and of course the coaching staff shows all the signs of a root and branch overhaul of the club.

I don't believe for one second that Ashley would risk the Premier League by deliberately installing someone worse than Pardew, just to save a couple of million. Especially when each league position is now worth, what, £2m?

Edit - so many fucking typos

Edited by The Fish

Pardew delivered what Ashley wanted, at the time he wanted, for the price he wanted.

I don't believe Ashley wants Newcastle to be bottom half, or playing shit, he just wasn't prepared to take a risk on employing a more expensive coach at that time. I don't agree with that approach, I think in a market like the Premier League where there are so many variables, you should set your club up to be in a position to take advantage of other clubs' misfortunes and then, when you've done that, look to move your plans forward accordingly.

Southampton and Swansea both did this as they were promoted up the leagues, but when we finished 5th, Ashley preferred to avoid risk and stick to his original timeline.

I believe that the paper thin squad, the outgoing players like Colo and of course the coaching staff shows all the signs of a root and branch overhaul of the club.

I don't believe for one second that Ashley would risk the Premier League by deliberately installing someone worse than Pardew, just to save a couple of million. Especially when each league position is now worth, what, £2m?

Edit - so many fucking typos

There's nothing to suggest on current evidence so far that he's capable of identifying and appointing a good manager, Keegan aside - and we all remember how that turned out.

There's nothing to suggest on current evidence so far that he's capable of identifying and appointing a good manager, Keegan aside - and we all remember how that turned out.

There's nothing to suggest on current evidence that he's the one identifying or appointing.

What about all the other points?

This was why I thought Ashley would be getting a better manager in.

http://www.themag.co.uk/2014/09/mike-ashley-ready-invest-manager-now/

That was back in September, 3 months before Pardew left.

I hope you and fish are right. For now at least, I remain cynical and sceptical about Ashley's motives and his decision making.