Shane Ferguson tearing apart international opposition

Christmas Tree

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scored a good one for Birmingham but that free kick against Brugge was awful. It just floated over - like he'd seen Mike Williamson walking down the gantry in the leazes.

Irish gingers usually means good luck, and thats what we need so I'd take him on the left flank instead of a Jonas who probably hasn't felt more useless during career than right now.

Sorry, not convinced. Marveaux and Ferguson are not worthy of the hope put on them. Marveaux has the heart of a mouse and Ferguson looks like Anderton without the maturity.

Sorry, not convinced. Marveaux and Ferguson are not worthy of the hope put on them. Marveaux has the heart of a mouse and Ferguson looks like Anderton without the maturity.

I think people put hope on them because they both have more assists than anyone else this season and what we need in these last two games is goals.

If fit, both should start against QPR and we should attack the fuck out of them. If we cant attack and beat these then fuck me.

Elliott

Debuchy Taylor Coloccini Ferguson

Tiote Cabaye

HBA Marveaux Gouffran

Cisse

Blues boss Lee Clark praises the efforts of loan star Shane Ferguson

Lee Clark has heaped praise on returning Newcastle United young gun Shane Ferguson following his impressive loan spell with Birmingham City.

Lee Clark has heaped praise on returning Newcastle United young gun Shane Ferguson following his impressive loan spell with Birmingham City.

The Geordie manager handed the Northern Ireland international 11 appearances during his stint in the second city.

The Derry lad – now back on Tyneside and eligible for the last two games – responded by playing his part in helping to win five games and drawing three in that period.

He also scored a stunning goal against Crystal Palace during a 4-0 win in front of a live TV audience.

Ferguson had played his part in both the Europa League and Premier League for the Magpies too this season.

Having also got off the mark with Northern Ireland with his first senior international goal against Finland, he can look back on a memorable season of 30 senior appearances at club and country level.

Former United reserve-team boss Clark told the Chronicle: “Fergie has been brilliant for us – both at left wing and left- back.

“He has made goals and scored goals too. He has been a breath of fresh air, to be honest.

“We would not hesitate in taking him back next season if the chance came up.”

Reflecting on his loan stint with the Blues, Ferguson said: “I have heard what the manager has said.

“It is good to hear. It gives me a lot of confidence.

“It is great for me as a player, to help me try to progress as a player.

“At the moment it is just about playing and hopefully keeping it going.

“I just want to play games. I have enjoyed my time here at Birmingham.

“Everyone has made me feel welcome.”

Alan Pardew sent Ferguson and young striker Sammy Ameobi out to gain loan experience following United’s poor first half of the season.

If fit, both should start against QPR and we should attack the fuck out of them. If we cant attack and beat these then fuck me.

Elliott

Debuchy Taylor Coloccini Ferguson

Tiote Cabaye

HBA Marveaux Gouffran

Cisse

I didn't catch QPR/Arsenal as I was watching the European Cup final warm up but it finished 0-1 and that goal was after 21 seconds so who knows what will happen but I think it's fair to say they'll be playing without pressure which we'll be carrying a lot of.

For me the main man is Colo - and I'd probably start Yanga-Mbiwa at full back again rather than Ferguson who I'd only play on the wing.

I didn't catch QPR/Arsenal as I was watching the European Cup final warm up but it finished 0-1 and that goal was after 21 seconds so who knows what will happen but I think it's fair to say they'll be playing without pressure which we'll be carrying a lot of.

For me the main man is Colo - and I'd probably start Yanga-Mbiwa at full back again rather than Ferguson who I'd only play on the wing.

I agree with you about MYM at left back, looked decent there against west ham.

I agree with you about MYM at left back, looked decent there against west ham.

I didnt think West Ham exploited him at all....mainly because they hardly bothered to attack down his side mind... ;)

He's quite intelligent and his pace is an asset - center half is probably the hardest position to learn for a foreign player which is why himself and Taylor haven't looked great.

Being in the lakes I saw nowt of this game. Listened to bits of the first half on the radio then fucked off to the pool for a de- stress.

Not sure if we played it safe, took it to them, created lots or whatever.

There can be no excuses against QPR though. We need to take it to them from the off and have all our creative players on the field lining them up. If we do the usual safety first shit he wants hanging from Greys monument.

The only thing I heard about HBA was some report saying he was non effectual and was taken off after 65.

If he's that unfit he has little to offer then leave h out. I'm all for starting him however if he has a good half in him.

It all went tits up after HBA and Gouffran went off...hanging on a bit at the end after a pretty good first half. Didnt create a hellish lot mind. What we might be better doing is keeping Shane on the bench for a bit of width when either one or the other comes off. Cant see Marveux starting either, hes back in france with his groin isnt he?...

It all went tits up after HBA and Gouffran went off...hanging on a bit at the end after a pretty good first half. Didnt create a hellish lot mind. What we might be better doing is keeping Shane on the bench for a bit of width when either one or the other comes off. Cant see Marveux starting either, hes back in france with his groin isnt he?...

Not sure. Pardew had originally talked about him possibly making West Ham. Not heard anything since.

Ferguson at left-back in one of our most important games of the season would be mental. Have him on the bench to exploit tired legs.

Whatever happens, whether we survive or get relegated, the important thing will be how it will affect Ferguson's development.

CT, you'd best just concentrate on this thread for the next 12 months.

Ferguson at left-back in one of our most important games of the season would be mental. Have him on the bench to exploit tired legs.

Thing is he doesn't need to exploit legs tired or otherwise, when he has the ability to get assists from the half way line.

I think people put hope on them because they both have more assists than anyone else this season and what we need in these last two games is goals.

Based on time on the field Obertan has a better record for providing assists....and Shola comes third...

Obertan - 134 minutes per assist

Marveaux - 163

Ameobi - 344

Ferguson - 346

Let's start those 4.