Shane Ferguson tearing apart international opposition

Christmas Tree

I hardly, if ever, look at the Newcastle United official website but I've just been to see who Shane Ferguson is, and on the reserve team roster he is listed as Left-Back.

He plays left back or left wing. This is him running in a straight line from the half way line and whipping a cross into the penalty area for Ranger to score. Why our Argentinian international finds it so hard is a mystery.

can see me celebrating in last seasons away shirt right in the top left hand corner of the crowd shot. not that bald fuck also wearing it. :icon_lol:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've asked you several times how much you've seen of him to justify a start.

Not what others have said about him, as we all agree he was good against Chelsea.

How many times have you seen him play, to know he's ready for the Premiership.

More questions and no substance. :icon_lol:

I told you on the first page Id seen enough of him and enough of Jonas to think he should be given a chance.

You tell me why we should stick with a man who's clearly lost his way and not give this lad a chance.

You still haven't mentioned how much you've seen of him though.

It's quite a straight forward question really.

I'm not saying stick with Jonas btw as he's been dreadful the past two months, all I asked was how much you've personally seen of Ferguson.

I hardly, if ever, look at the Newcastle United official website but I've just been to see who Shane Ferguson is, and on the reserve team roster he is listed as Left-Back.

He plays left back or left wing. This is him running in a straight line from the half way line and whipping a cross into the penalty area for Ranger to score. Why our Argentinian international finds it so hard is a mystery.

can see me celebrating in last seasons away shirt right in the top left hand corner of the crowd shot. not that bald fuck also wearing it. :icon_lol:

:icon_lol: At least the bald cunt looks like he's celebrating, you look like your doing some little shuffle. :icon_lol:

Still not answering Jonny's pretty reasonable points there CT

You genuinely don't have your own informed opinion.

Definitely not, hence the thread with my opinion started by me. :icon_lol:

Nice to note that you agree with me as well and think we should be bringing the lad on, even if its as a sub.

Your funny :icon_lol:

Now why dont you run along and start a footballing thread with your informed opinion instead of muppets with human eyes :icon_lol:

I've asked you several times how much you've seen of him to justify a start.

Not what others have said about him, as we all agree he was good against Chelsea.

How many times have you seen him play, to know he's ready for the Premiership.

More questions and no substance. :icon_lol:

I told you on the first page Id seen enough of him and enough of Jonas to think he should be given a chance.

You tell me why we should stick with a man who's clearly lost his way and not give this lad a chance.

You still haven't mentioned how much you've seen of him though.

It's quite a straight forward question really.

I'm not saying stick with Jonas btw as he's been dreadful the past two months, all I asked was how much you've personally seen of Ferguson.

Thats no substance and avoidance. As I thought. :icon_lol:

I think CT has a point to some extent, of course no-one knows for sure how good someone like Ferguson (or more importantly Kadar who should have played ahead of Perch) is until they get a proper chance to prove themselves. Perch has had a few chances now and failed spectacularly so next time we need someone to fill in at LB it should be Kadar or Ferguson. As for Jonas, he could definitely do with dropping even if it does just end up confirming that Ferguson or whoever replaces him isn't good enough either, his place in the starting 11 is far too assured for my liking.

Edited by TicTacWoe

I think CT has a point to some extent, of course no-one knows for sure how good someone like Ferguson (or more importantly Kadar who should have played ahead of Perch) is until they get a proper chance to prove themselves. Perch has had a few chances now and failed spectacularly so next time we need someone to fill in at LB it should be Kadar or Ferguson. As for Jonas, he could definitely do with dropping even if it does just end up confirming that Ferguson or whoever replaces him isn't good enough either, his place in the starting 11 is far too assured for my liking.

I always do :icon_lol: , but unfortunately there's more and more tits around who want to try and be the clever guy rather than discussing football.

Given that CT appears to go to very few first team games (despite living in the area), I'll take his opinion on reserve team players with a pinch of salt.

And Beardsleys and Hughtons and Henry Winters etc etc etc :icon_lol:

Aye Hughton. So, surely he watched enough of Ferguson to know he wasn't ready for this level hence his lack of game time and having others playing ahead of him week in week out.

In fairness to Pardew he's going to want to make a good start to the job and will rightly, imo, utilise his experienced squad to get him those results.

In my job if I had 2 lads doing the same one, one a brand new'un and another with years of experience, I'd use the experienced lad to get the big job done. Often regardless of their work ethic etc because I know the skills are there, it's just finding a way to get the best from him.

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club
Given that CT appears to go to very few first team games (despite living in the area), I'll take his opinion on reserve team players with a pinch of salt.

Aye Hughton. So, surely he watched enough of Ferguson to know he wasn't ready for this level hence his lack of game time and having others playing ahead of him week in week out.

In fairness to Pardew he's going to want to make a good start to the job and will rightly, imo, utilise his experienced squad to get him those results.

In my job if I had 2 lads doing the same one, one a brand new'un and another with years of experience, I'd use the experienced lad to get the big job done. Often regardless of their work ethic etc because I know the skills are there, it's just finding a way to get the best from him.

As much as I respect Hughton, his assertion Lua Lua wasn't read was one of his mistakes. He was by a million miles the best player in League One till he broke his leg. Look at Brighton's shit form since that happened, and the way Jonas is playing he could've been a good option especially with Jonas and Routledge playing one good game in five.

Regarding Ferguson, seen him playing full back at reserves a lot but he's equally adept further up the park, he's a good prospect. Looked excellent against Aldershot Stanley in the League Cup.

As much as I respect Hughton, his assertion Lua Lua wasn't read was one of his mistakes. He was by a million miles the best player in League One till he broke his leg. Look at Brighton's shit form since that happened, and the way Jonas is playing he could've been a good option especially with Jonas and Routledge playing one good game in five.

Regarding Ferguson, seen him playing full back at reserves a lot but he's equally adept further up the park, he's a good prospect. Looked excellent against Aldershot Stanley in the League Cup.

I've not seen nearly enough of him to have much of an opinion on him. What I was saying though was in response to CT saying 'Beardsley, Hughton and Winter' so I'd have thought Hughon would've had a good idea where he's at. You're reet about LuaLua, looked class at Brighton but then Shola looked class in the championship.

I hope and like to see the young'uns coming through I just understand Pardew if he sticks with experience with him being so new into the job. You gan down on sunday mate?

I've not seen nearly enough of him to have much of an opinion on him. What I was saying though was in response to CT saying 'Beardsley, Hughton and Winter' so I'd have thought Hughon would've had a good idea where he's at. You're reet about LuaLua, looked class at Brighton but then Shola looked class in the championship.

I hope and like to see the young'uns coming through I just understand Pardew if he sticks with experience with him being so new into the job. You gan down on sunday mate?

Nar after Spurs I won't be going to far away, away games this season. Looking good for a Sunderland ticket though :icon_lol: How you only been to 24 away games like? Late toon support developer? I reckon I'd been to 24 by the age of 15.

Nar after Spurs I won't be going to far away, away games this season. Looking good for a Sunderland ticket though :icon_lol: How you only been to 24 away games like? Late toon support developer? I reckon I'd been to 24 by the age of 15.

Divn't kna' really just the way it worked out. I used to gan occasionally then lived in Devon for 3 years so that stopped any travelling aboot. I try to gan to about 2 or 3 a year if I can. Always had a season ticket though. Away games just re-affirm to me how shite all the other stadia are in the country compared to SJP, OT and the emirates.

Divn't kna' really just the way it worked out. I used to gan occasionally then lived in Devon for 3 years so that stopped any travelling aboot. I try to gan to about 2 or 3 a year if I can. Always had a season ticket though. Away games just re-affirm to me how shite all the other stadia are in the country compared to SJP, OT and the emirates.

OT is wank I reckon, plastic, soulless, characterless, the kiosks are shite, never liked it, although I've been 5 times and never seen us lose there so that's something. Baseball Ground Derby is my favourite ground. Nen of the club stadiums in England are a patch on Ibrox imo.

CT, why is it that you don't bother actually going to games?

Do you ever pay attention.

I've discussed many times on here how I gave up my season ticket when KK left. Unlike the likes of Alex who had paid in full, I was on installments and able to get out.

I now go when it's affordable / suits me

My last game was boxing day v man city. What about you?

The whole point though is if your lad with so called years of experience kept fucking the job up, at some point you would give the young'un, who you know is capable, a chance.

Everyone gets excited when we see these younguns doing well at other clubs. It's having a manager with balls to drop a player and try something different that makes the difference between winners and losers.

CT. Have you got the quotes from Beardo, Winter etc ?

Read the thread properly and you'd have already seen them.

Oh right, I was expecting the quotes to say he was ready for the PL - as you intimated. They basically just say he was having a good game and is a good prospect.