Post a picture of something shit on Wearside

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

I'll start. This is THE shittest pub I've ever been in, in my life, you're probably looking and thinking aye it will be some out of town place the equivalent of Benwell or Killingworth. This is fuckin their city centre and one of their most central pubs. Used to walk past it, went in once when I missed me train home, some 50 year old woman came up to me and said "comeeyur hineyy geez a keess", hasten to add I never went back again.

5307165056_642681cbb6_z.jpg

9328500.jpg

This is the only thing they've got that we haven't, and is their main leisure thing in the whole city, Silksworth (or Sil-key as the mackems call it) Ski Slope. It's fuckin shit, you go to the top and you're at the bottom in 15 seconds, got terrible friction burns too when I was there.

Look at the cars in the street, it's a recent pic one of the cars is 2007, the one on the left is an old H reg Sierra :lol: how the fuck did it pass it's MOT. That street sums Sunderland up. Blow the pic up bigger.

I'll start. This is THE shittest pub I've ever been in, in my life, you're probably looking and thinking aye it will be some out of town place the equivalent of Benwell or Killingworth. This is fuckin their city centre and one of their most central pubs. Used to walk past it, went in once when I missed me train home, some 50 year old woman came up to me and said "comeeyur hineyy geez a keess", hasten to add I never went back again.

to be honest stevo the name seems to sum it up

the_point.jpg

One of the shittest nightclubs in the world. There's also a strip club near there that's 3 quid in and 12 quid a dance off some of the ropiest looking women this side of The Hills Have Eyes.

Is that just before you get to Park Lane, and on your right there's a pub called the Park Lane. Changed since I worked there like. Bookies right beside there I stuck my biggest bet ever on, and still is to this day, on France to win the 2002 WC.

Renton :lol: he does look like a paedo aye.

to be honest stevo the name seems to sum it up

haha aye

This is their equivalent of Fenwicks, like really it is, not fucking about...

136947_c9366f27.jpg

the_point.jpg

One of the shittest nightclubs in the world. There's also a strip club near there that's 3 quid in and 12 quid a dance off some of the ropiest looking women this side of The Hills Have Eyes.

Is that just before you get to Park Lane, and on your right there's a pub called the Park Lane. Changed since I worked there like. Bookies right beside there I stuck my biggest bet ever on, and still is to this day, on France to win the 2002 WC.

It is, aye. There's a pub called Gatsbys that is right next to a fishmongers so when you go up to the toilets, it always stinks of fish.

This is the grandest building in the whole city, best piece of architecture and most famous building, again I'm not fucking about, it REALLY, or should I say REYYYYLEEYY is. Puts the Theatre Royal in the shade eh?

Sunderland_Empire.jpg

http://misomania.tumblr.com/post/510565746...void-sunderland

(Pictures in the link)

Most people from the North East of England will be aware of what Sunderland is. For those of you who don't, you may know it as the malignant tumour sitting at the mouth of the River Wear. Given the general contempt I posses for this place, I thought it fitting to write these thoughts out in hopes it might warn others away from this horrible cesspit.

Reason #5: Newcastle is just North of you.

Newcastle is, for what it's worth, a fairly decent place. Situated about 10-15 miles North of Sunderland. If you can make it to Sunderland, you can make it the extra few miles to get somewhere worth a damn. Seriously, that place has all sorts of cool stuff! For instance, the sage, that's interesting. The Baltic too, the exhibitions are shite but god damnit the view is lovely! Ok, technically they're in Gateshead, but they're near as damnit!

The future of modern art.

tumblr_l0nuz1pX221qb2sv5.jpg

I wish I was making that up.

I know it doesn't seem relevant, but Newcastle and Sunderland are quite bitter rivals, imagine Sunderland as the underdog, except in this case the underdog is a prick. Newcastle seems to do everything bigger and better, and Sunderland seems to have stopped trying. The best example for this is to have a peak at Newcastle's Tyne Bridge, it's a magnificent piece of engineering, and it's huge compared to Sunderland's tiny little Wearmouth Bridge.

tumblr_l0nv26Gstz1qb2sv5.jpg

The Tyne Bridge later questioned the sexuality of the Wear, this caused a huge argument.

There's nothing in Sunderland of any value, go to Newcastle instead.

Reason #4: Football Hooligans

This isn't specific to Sunderland, but given how much sucking their football team does, it's more of a problem in Sunderland as it's much worse. I'm still at a complete loss to understand exactly how football became such a foothold for unnecessary violence. The police there are pretty used to it, they're at the ready to start pummelling you the moment you feel a slight bit of anger towards the other team, which is usually just as the match begins and they start getting their arses handed to them.

Him and the chair are resolving a dispute.

The team is shit; the supporters are idiots. What else is there to say? If you can't watch a game of football without getting pissed and throwing a fist at someone, you aught to sod off back to the jungle with your own retarded kind so you and them can throw their own shit at each other.

Reason #3: Unnatural Love of Pastry.

You know when you've arrived in Sunderland, because you'll see a bakery, and if you turn around you'll see one in the other direction. Mackems seem to have an unnatural attraction to baked pastry products. Britain has never been famed for it's culinary expertise but these people don't even make an effort! I, myself, try to have a variety of different foods, which is a commendable effort even if I do end up eating bolognese every time I can. The Sunderland diet might as well involve attaching an IV of cholesterol directly into your pulmonary artery, it'd have the same effect.

Be thankful it doesn't list all bakeries (Including Milligans), otherwise the map starts to look like this:

tumblr_l0nvg72IBb1qb2sv5.jpg

Oh dear!

Ladies and gentlemen, you are witnessing the decay of public health.

Reason #2: Police.

Oh, and just a heads up, if you go there and need the police, take all knowledge of the law you have and throw it out of the train window before you arrive. The police don't have the same sort of law you'd be accustomed to, they do it by making it up on the spot. That way, they can ensure you get fucked even if you're not in the wrong.

I'd wager into this argument with an experience I had while filming shots of Sunderland city centre; despite this being completely within my rights to do so, as somebody complained, a police officer (Soon noted as WPC On-The-Rag) snapped and yelled at me for harassing people. Apparently this was bad in her books and despite me explaining my rights to do so, she tried to confiscate my camcorder. Given that I was not going to be having any of that, I pretended to delete it and be on my way.

It's understandable that Northumbria Police would be cranky, I mean for fuck's sake, they have to police Sunderland of all places! However I can't shake this feeling of unease every time I have to walk past one for them to look at me like I may be carrying 3kg of Columbia's finest.

Reason #1: The Residents.

Parts of Sunderland, such as Hendon, are close communities; they’re close because they're all inbred! The locals of Sunderland (read: chavs) are some of the most violent, cocky and scummy wastes of space on the entire planet. Given that these people are the scum of the North, lets have a look at some of their crimes.

Apparently they don't like having pictures taken of them, this is a similar situation as was with the police I mentioned earlier, I'd been taking footage of the street when they got rowdy and ran towards me yielding fists. At this point the scum's girlfriend was yelling at him. What sort of future does the human race have when scum like this reproduces? If you add scum to scum, you get scum! Oh my, there's just so much scum everywhere, on my streets, on my bath, where's Barry Scott when you need him?

I'd put your earplugs in now if I were you.

This is, in all simplicity, a problem of monkeys throwing shit and scum that can reproduce. Until castration becomes mandatory, the most we can hope for is that Hendon spontaniously falls into the North Sea. Barry Scott is only of so much help… maybe if you're trying to scare cats coming to think of it, he's no help whatsoever, fuck off Barry!

There are zoos for monkeys, and there are better bathroom cleaning products for bathroom scum, and fortunately, there is an answer for the problem of human scum. Take it away, big ears!

Edited by Nobby

And hardly in the same league as Central Station.

1042_06_57---Sunderland-Railway-Station_web.jpg

Fuck me :lol: It hasn't even had a lick of paint since 2003 last time I was in that station.

There can't be a more non-descript town in Europe, North America or South America, with a local population of over 300,000 than Sunderland, I think these pictures in themselves perhaps tell you why mackems are the way they are better than any words can.

This is their Vaux Breweries Site 12 years after it was shut down, tidy it up you fuckin bamps. It's on the other side of the river from the ground you can't tell from that photo but it is. Still derelict. They blamed NE bias and the government for Vaux's collapse, fuck all to dee wi the fact Vaux beers were fuckin wank then?!?!?!?

2439754298_3162ac607f.jpg

This is the grandest building in the whole city, best piece of architecture and most famous building, again I'm not fucking about, it REALLY, or should I say REYYYYLEEYY is. Puts the Theatre Royal in the shade eh?

Sunderland_Empire.jpg

No wonder Sid James died of a heart attack there, poor fucker is forced to haunt the place too :)