Darren Bent Signs for Villa

Tooj

They could get N'Zogbia, Llorente and Owen with that money, and Gyan will come good the more he plays in England, he's shown signs already he'll be alright.

Who wants to play for them though? They've just sold their record signing and in doing so they've sold a sizeable chunk of the tiny pulling power the shithole of a place has

The major thing Sunderland has going for it is Newcastle. It's a lovely place to live and players can easily commute to Whitburn and Sunderland so I don't think the fact Sunderland's one of Western Europe's biggest shitholes comes in to it. There's DURHAM City too which is nice.

While I don't disagree with that at all I don't imagine the majority of prospective player targets actually view things in quite the same way.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club
They could get N'Zogbia, Llorente and Owen with that money, and Gyan will come good the more he plays in England, he's shown signs already he'll be alright.

Who wants to play for them though? They've just sold their record signing and in doing so they've sold a sizeable chunk of the tiny pulling power the shithole of a place has

The major thing Sunderland has going for it is Newcastle. It's a lovely place to live and players can easily commute to Whitburn and Sunderland so I don't think the fact Sunderland's one of Western Europe's biggest shitholes comes in to it. There's DURHAM City too which is nice.

While I don't disagree with that at all I don't imagine the majority of prospective player targets actually view things in quite the same way.

You might be right. I'd imagine it being a consideration of British players though, "oh well at least we can live in the toon".

An angle no one else has considered here is the fact Bent's family have been subjected to hate filled racial abuse a few times in the last 3 or 4 month. If I was black it would fuck me off too.

;)

Bad week for the unwashed.

TWENTY FOUR MILLION, if Brewcie has that to spend then I think it's a great deal for Sunderland.

They paid 16 million for him all told, they get 18million for him and the rest is dependant. So not as good as it first sounds IMHO

They brag about having a bigger forum than us and it doesn't even fucking work. RTG Message

The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later.

Read more: http://www.readytogo.net/smb/#ixzz1BIiy4Khp

The titanic was fucking massive and built by pros and look what happened to that. The Arc was built by amateurs and look how that flourished.

They're fucking gutted.

I don't see how selling your top goalscorer for a small profit can be anything other than poor business. We'll make a significantly greater profit on Carroll and be called a selling club for doing so.

;)

TWENTY FOUR MILLION, if Brewcie has that to spend then I think it's a great deal for Sunderland.

They paid 16 million for him all told, they get 18million for him and the rest is dependant. So not as good as it first sounds IMHO

£24m if Villa stay up.

;)

£24m if Villa stay up.

yep £6 million is dependant IF Villa stay up :icon_lol: .

Edited by Dogmatix

The more I think of it the more I think it's the racism thing that could be the motivation behind it. I mean if he goes to Birmingham it's like Montego Bay isn't it minus the sea. Sunderland's and Wearside's racism problems are well known.

They seem to be blaming each other and the message board on RTG for his transfer request. In fighting at it's very best. Some aren't arsed though as 'Campbell is already better than Bent and he's younger'. Fucking hell. If only we'd hung on yesterday they'd be queing up the stairs to jump off the bridge.

The problem with that place is they all think that their opinion on the same subject deserves a new thread. Abysmal mess of a forum, we should lend them Tom for a week.

The problem with that place is they all think that their opinion on the same subject deserves a new thread. Abysmal mess of a forum, we should lend them Tom for a week.

we should lend them you, because like you, they are all fans of Mike Ashley

They've already drawn up a list of replacements on RTG;

Sewper Dewper Kev

Emile Heskey

Luis Suarez

Diego Forlan

Insomnia

Downing

Ireland

Carlton Cole

Luckas Podolski ......

This is just what I like to see after they celebrated a draw at home against a newly promoted side like they'd won the Milk Cup.

Edited by Mac-Toon

we should lend them you, because like you, they are all fans of Mike Ashley

;):icon_lol:

I'm genuinely shocked by the fee mentioned. He's worth maybe half of that. These inflated transfer fees take the piss, especially for English players.

Don't know how long he has left on his contract but I would have thought if Caroll's worth upwards of thirty million, a player who has proven himself as a premiership goal scorer year after year with very average (at best) teams, then £18m is a steal.

I'm genuinely shocked by the fee mentioned. He's worth maybe half of that. These inflated transfer fees take the piss, especially for English players.

He's English and his stats speak for themselves. His true worth might be inflated a bit but certainly not to the extent you're making out.

He's also at the peak age for a striker (27 in a few weeks).