• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still reckon that

Ben Arfa - - Tiote - - Ireland - - Barton

----------Nolan----------------------------

-----------------------Carroll-------------

Is our best team.

Yeah he's had a bad season but it's only 18months ago he was City's best player by a country mile and was running games for them. Get his head right and he'll be back playing good football

Nolan's best form has came when he's been in the centre of the park with Tiote.

He's not mobile enough to play up front as he just gets marked out of the game. His best work comes running from deep where he doesn't get picked up.

OOooo you know your football Jonny.

I know about his dead living grannies, but the wiki account of the story is marvellous....

In September 2007, Ireland was at the centre of controversy when, in the immediate aftermath of a Republic of Ireland international match and days before their crunch game against the Czechs, coach Steve Staunton informed him of a telephone call just received from his girlfriend reporting the death of his maternal grandmother. Staunton quickly consented to Ireland's compassionate leave on these grounds, a private jet was chartered for his return.

However the media quickly discovered that Ireland's grandmother was not dead, at which point Ireland announced it was his paternal grandmother who died but yet again, reporters discovered that Ireland's paternal grandmother was also still alive, and her relatives had threatened to sue one newspaper that reported her death. Ireland changed his story again, saying one of his grandfathers had divorced, and it was his second wife who had died. That was also quickly discovered to be untrue.

Ireland eventually came out with the truth, admitting he had invented a reason to leave the Irish team in order to visit his girlfriend in Cork, who, he claimed, had had a miscarriage. "I decided at that stage that I must tell the truth and admit I had told lies," Ireland said. "I realise now it was a massive mistake to say my grandmothers had died and I deeply regret it." However this too was found out to be another fabricated story, Stephen Ireland has to his day refuses to comment (radio interview with 'bbc sport-talk') on why he couldn't control his fibs. Further deception was invoked by the cork man when he refused to admit that he at the time did not even have a girlfriend or a granny or even an uncle to which he claimed was recently divorced from a granny in-law to which he also did not have.

:)

I know about his dead living grannies, but the wiki account of the story is marvellous....

In September 2007, Ireland was at the centre of controversy when, in the immediate aftermath of a Republic of Ireland international match and days before their crunch game against the Czechs, coach Steve Staunton informed him of a telephone call just received from his girlfriend reporting the death of his maternal grandmother. Staunton quickly consented to Ireland's compassionate leave on these grounds, a private jet was chartered for his return.

However the media quickly discovered that Ireland's grandmother was not dead, at which point Ireland announced it was his paternal grandmother who died but yet again, reporters discovered that Ireland's paternal grandmother was also still alive, and her relatives had threatened to sue one newspaper that reported her death. Ireland changed his story again, saying one of his grandfathers had divorced, and it was his second wife who had died. That was also quickly discovered to be untrue.

Ireland eventually came out with the truth, admitting he had invented a reason to leave the Irish team in order to visit his girlfriend in Cork, who, he claimed, had had a miscarriage. "I decided at that stage that I must tell the truth and admit I had told lies," Ireland said. "I realise now it was a massive mistake to say my grandmothers had died and I deeply regret it." However this too was found out to be another fabricated story, Stephen Ireland has to his day refuses to comment (radio interview with 'bbc sport-talk') on why he couldn't control his fibs. Further deception was invoked by the cork man when he refused to admit that he at the time did not even have a girlfriend or a granny or even an uncle to which he claimed was recently divorced from a granny in-law to which he also did not have.

:razz:

Some players (most of whom love themselves) must love reading their wiki's or anything like that about themselves, particularly where they've represented their countries or won things or received plaudits for their talent. Ireland must absolutely whince reading his though. :panic:

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

To the tune of ooh Gutierrez from Buenos Aires...

He's got a chavvy motor and hes got a big fish tank

He said his nana croaked it, but it was a load of wank

Oh Stevie Ireland, the baldy charva, he hates Villaaaaaaaaaaaaa

:razz:

Some players (most of whom love themselves) must love reading their wiki's or anything like that about themselves, particularly where they've represented their countries or won things or received plaudits for their talent. Ireland must absolutely whince reading his though. :panic:

Or doing a google search. Page 1 results.

Irelands brings up :

001-1947.jpg

Stephen%20Ireland.jpg

whilst Joey Bartons gives you :

dabopostarciuzbartonem.jpg

Barton.jpg

joeybarton.jpg

pa_joey_barton405x291.jpg

Edited by Barney

Well I was against this move on the basis that it doesnt seem to fit the business need (striker and LB cover being far more important) and the fact he's a complete helmet, but if he arrives and decides he's going to put in a shift for NUFC then I'll get behind it as much as anyone else.

Not been reading the thread as i can't be arsed with speculation....but isn't he injured? Physioroom says his knee is fucked and he has no return date.

And why's it a loan deal? I thought Villa said he was free to leave them. Not willing o take a pay cut. Mercenary twat.

Edited by Happy Face

Not been reading the thread as i can't be arsed with speculation....but isn't he injured? Physioroom says his knee is fucked and he has no return date.

And why's it a loan deal? I thought Villa said he was free to leave them. Not willing o take a pay cut. Mercenary twat.

He needs the money to fund his research, trying to discover a cure for baldness

Edited by Kevin S. Assilleekunt

He needs the money to fund his research, trying to discover a cure for baldness

:unsure: