Stephen Ireland...

Shear3r

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

STEPHEN Ireland’s stuttering claret and blue career has suffered another setback with the Aston Villa midfield misfit now sidelined by a knee injury picked up in training.

Ireland will not be considered for Sunday's derby clash at Birmingham City but has an outside chance of being fit for next weekend’s visit of former club Manchester City.

The £8 million make-weight in the summer deal which took James Milner to Eastlands has not played since starting in the defeat at Liverpool in December.

Ireland has not featured in any of Villa’s six match day squads since then and now it has emerged he has been nursing a knee problem for a fortnight.

Read More http://www.birminghammail.net/birmingham-s.../#ixzz1CX0sDgyr

Our squad is paper thin. While Id have preferred a forward (Unlikely while we have Shola, Carroll, Best, Lov, Ranger etc and AP gave support to Shola and Best) and also a winger who can cross (I was hopeful of this after Routledge went out the door), I'd take anything that can improve the squad. When Nolan, Barton, Tiote have been out and we've brought in Guthrie or Smith etc, there has been a notable drop off in performance imo. Though guthrie had a couple of canny games, over all I'm yet to be convinced by him. I think Ireland, if he can get his form back, has every chance to jump into the side and play next to Tiote with Nolan playing off the forward.

Think it'd be the other way round tbh with ireland and Nolan.

Barton -- Tiote -- Nolan -- Ben Arfa

------------Ireland

----------------------Carroll

Ireland is a lot more mobile and has a decent shot on him, Nolan could ghost into the box behind the front two. Ireland won't contribute in defense and organization like Nolan does, so he should stick further up front whilst Nolan does all that business.

Our squad is paper thin. While Id have preferred a forward (Unlikely while we have Shola, Carroll, Best, Lov, Ranger etc and AP gave support to Shola and Best) and also a winger who can cross (I was hopeful of this after Routledge went out the door), I'd take anything that can improve the squad. When Nolan, Barton, Tiote have been out and we've brought in Guthrie or Smith etc, there has been a notable drop off in performance imo. Though guthrie had a couple of canny games, over all I'm yet to be convinced by him. I think Ireland, if he can get his form back, has every chance to jump into the side and play next to Tiote with Nolan playing off the forward.

Think it'd be the other way round tbh with ireland and Nolan.

Barton -- Tiote -- Nolan -- Ben Arfa

------------Ireland

----------------------Carroll

Ireland is a lot more mobile and has a decent shot on him, Nolan could ghost into the box behind the front two. Ireland won't contribute in defense and organization like Nolan does, so he should stick further up front whilst Nolan does all that business.

Indeed this.

Before everyone gets too excited about IRELAND, according to physio room he's still out with knee ligament damage and no return date?????

Even if he's on the mend, Goslings relapse just shows there is no guarantee of a quick return.

Confused by this I must say.

According to the Guardian, he should be set to make his debut on Wed if a deal goes through.

Think it's what Tom said, a N'Zogbia/Given-"injury".

Still reckon that

Ben Arfa - - Tiote - - Ireland - - Barton

----------Nolan----------------------------

-----------------------Carroll-------------

Is our best team.

Yeah he's had a bad season but it's only 18months ago he was City's best player by a country mile and was running games for them. Get his head right and he'll be back playing good football

Nolan's best form has came when he's been in the centre of the park with Tiote.

He's not mobile enough to play up front as he just gets marked out of the game. His best work comes running from deep where he doesn't get picked up.

To be fair the constant criticism of Deadman is cringeworthy.

Give it a rest.

To be fair, it's the only attention he gets.

I thought he was taking the piss at first but he reckons he has some difficulty writing correctly and doesnt seem to want to cause trouble so dont think its particularly nice to make him feel unwelcome.

Give it a rest.

I thought he was taking the piss at first but he reckons he has some difficulty writing correctly and doesnt seem to want to cause trouble so dont think its particularly nice to make him feel unwelcome.

Totally agree.

Give it a rest.

See I don't believe that he can't write properly, more that he chooses not to. However, if that's his story fair enough.

My point was that most of the things he posts are ignored. That's got nothing to do with his purported writing difficulties, it's just that they're inane. We'd call anybody else for stating the bloody obvious or for bringing nothing to the conversation, so why pussy foot around him?

Give it a rest.

See I don't believe that he can't write properly, more that he chooses not to. However, if that's his story fair enough.

My point was that most of the things he posts are ignored. That's got nothing to do with his purported writing difficulties, it's just that they're inane. We'd call anybody else for stating the bloody obvious or for bringing nothing to the conversation, so why pussy foot around him?

Who's pussy footing? :) If you're wrong, you're a cunt, if i'm wrong who gives a shit.

Give it a rest.

He didnt say he had writing difficulties, he said he had problems. Could cover all sorts of things.