Ashley's Transfer History thread

Happy Face

Leazes, you would have given Nolan a 50k a week 5 year deal??

Of course he would. And Barton and every single player we've got and the extra 6 or 7 that Pardew wants to bring in to improve us. Fuck the wage bill, that will just materialise out of somewhere.

Its like classic opposition politics. "We wont do the bad things, we'll only do the nice things"........Never any need to explain how it will be done, where the money will come from etc etc.

Its quite frightening when you see that West Ham have just spent £16 million over 5 years on one player.

I am sure someone will know the facts but I find it hard to believe the earnings percentage ratio today is anywhere near what it was in Sir Johns day.

This is where Leazes always falls down. He can never explain how financially it can be done in todays climate.

Great if you have a sheik but otherwise books need to be balanced.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course he would. And Barton and every single player we've got and the extra 6 or 7 that Pardew wants to bring in to improve us. Fuck the wage bill, that will just materialise out of somewhere.

Its like classic opposition politics. "We wont do the bad things, we'll only do the nice things"........Never any need to explain how it will be done, where the money will come from etc etc.

Its quite frightening when you see that West Ham have just spent £16 million over 5 years on one player.

I am sure someone will know the facts but I find it hard to believe the earnings percentage ratio today is anywhere near what it was in Sir Johns day.

This is where Leazes always falls down. He can never explain how financially it can be done in todays climate.

Yet again you come up with stuff thats totally irrelevant to the discussion.

LM isnt arguing that we should buy them all and keep our existing players hes talking about strengthening the squad, not merely gambling on new "talent" while binning the known capable players.

Team irrelevant strikes again

I am sure someone will know the facts but I find it hard to believe the earnings p ercentage ratio today is anywhere near what it was in Sir Johns day.

LM isnt arguing that we should buy them all and keep our existing players hes talking about strengthening the squad, not merely gambling on new "talent" while binning the known capable players.

How is it irrelevant that LM demands unlimited spending with no source?

I am sure someone will know the facts but I find it hard to believe the earnings p ercentage ratio today is anywhere near what it was in Sir Johns day.

I think it's more ambition he's after tbh

Something we're not getting

I think it's more ambition he's after tbh

Something we're not getting

Ambition costs money - he thinks we should be competing with Liverpool and Spurs which means 20m players and £80k wages.

If turnover doesn't cover that where does the shortfall come from?

My problem in all this is why sell him now?? He had two years left on his contract, therefore keep him another year for squad strength/stabilisation/enthusiasm/club captaining.

Madness imo, despite the argument about money coming in for him and wages off the payroll.

Is that the salary he's got from west ham?

Reportedly so

Still waiting Leazes, would you offer Nolan 50k a week on a 5 year deal?? Come on, answer please

No he's not, he wants to keep players regardless of costs and sign big names without knowing where the money is coming from

Is that the salary he's got from west ham?

Reportedly so

Still waiting Leazes, would you offer Nolan 50k a week on a 5 year deal?? Come on, answer please

Is he not on the 40k he got here?

jay, no disrespect mate, but Mike Ashley has got you well trained, you are just the sort of fan he is looking for for!

Can you not see that that we should be a much bigger club than what your friend Big Mike is aiming for? We are not Stoke or Bolton we are one of the biggest clubs in Europe or at least in terms of support we are - for fuck sake have a bit more ambition!!

Surely you can see that Ashley, a person who has lied about Keegan, who is a legend at our club, surely you see that he does not have the best interests of our club at heart? Even you must understand that?

No he's not, he wants to keep players regardless of costs and sign big names without knowing where the money is coming from

The money comes from the owner. He reaps the financial reward when he sells a club in the champions league.

The money comes from the owner. He reaps the financial reward when he sells a club in the champions league.

If and its a fucking big if, Ashley is nowhere near City or Chelseas wealth, get real. It's foolish to think by spunking 200m on players to reach the C.L. then not doing it. Gamble,gamble,gamble

jay, no disrespect mate, but Mike Ashley has got you well trained, you are just the sort of fan he is looking for for!

Can you not see that that we should be a much bigger club than what your friend Big Mike is aiming for? We are not Stoke or Bolton we are one of the biggest clubs in Europe or at least in terms of support we are - for fuck sake have a bit more ambition!!

Surely you can see that Ashley, a person who has lied about Keegan, who is a legend at our club, surely you see that he does not have the best interests of our club at heart? Even you must understand that?

How do you propose we break the top 4?

Would you give Nolan/Barton 5 yr 50k a week deals?

Facts and figures mate or do you share Leazes stick it on credit strategy??

How do you propose we break the top 4?

Would you give Nolan/Barton 5 yr 50k a week deals?

Facts and figures mate or do you share Leazes stick it on credit strategy??

I think Ashley is a Fat Cunt but he got it right with Nolan. No way is he worth the wages / length of contract he was asking for, West Ham have paid them as they are fucking disparate to get promoted. Next season he would have been slower and had less influence on the team whilst warming the Bench on £2M+ a year, fuck that for a game of soldiers.

Ashley has made the right decision for the wrong reason; but we all know he is a money grabbing cunt so no surprise there. Lets just hope the cost cutting does not get us deep in the shit come September.

Everyone wants to see us compete no matter what LM may have you think.

I've said before I think Ashley should speculate to accumulate as that's his quickest route to a financial return and/or enjoyment of a good team. For whatever reason he's decided not to do that which is a pisser.

However "promotion" to even a top 6 challenge would take a good 100m in my honest opinion which I accept would be almost reckless no matter how much my heart would like it. Villa and Sunderland have both tried that recently and failed. That doesn't mean we shouldn't try but its not guaranteed.

If anyone honestly thinks there's enough money in the pot which when costs are deducted, leaves enough for a decent push on which is how we financed transfers in the past, I think they are wrong.

This is just acceptance of the situation and doesn't mean I "support" it - it's just a realistic view imo.

I agree with you NJS in the sense that we can't expect a big spend up in today's climate. But I also sympathise with Leazes' stance that we should at least be capable of competing with the clubs outside the top 5 or 6. I'm all for steady improvement but I find it impossible to glean from what's going on what Ashley is up to and whether this is the aim. The suspicion remains he's going to fuck it all up by selling our best players to make a buck.

That's why I'm reserving judgement till the end of the transfer window. I don't expect him to recklessly tip his money into the club. I do expect us to sign more signings of the quality of Cabaye before the window shuts and have a decent squad for the season. Part of that for me is having a decent core of senior professionals to set the right tone and I don't include Shola in that.

I haven't seen any evidence of the Carroll money being spent yet which for me was the minimum to be expected. However that may change in the weeks ahead.

I agree with you NJS in the sense that we can't expect a big spend up in today's climate. But I also sympathise with Leazes' stance that we should at least be capable of competing with the clubs outside the top 5 or 6. I'm all for steady improvement but I find it impossible to glean from what's going on what Ashley is up to and whether this is the aim. The suspicion remains he's going to fuck it all up by selling our best players to make a buck.

Should and can are two different things.

Most clubs now are ran in such a way that almost all the turnover goes on running costs and transfer funds either come from spare cash left over or from owners pockets. In the past when we had a decent wages ratio that gave us good spending power. That margin has been eroded both by increased wages and reduced turnover mainly imo due to the recession though there is scope at both ends for improvement. Unfortunately even an extra 20m would only improve us by a place or two. That's why gradual improvement is the best we can hope for unless Ashley changes his mind or sells.

Of course his inevitable fuck-ups won't help and may stop that happening anyway.

haven't you got something better to do than failing to understand what I am trying to tell you, and saying things I have never said ?

Like playing marbles in the school yard with your mates ?

please put up a post where I have advocated unlimited spending ? Or fuck off and stop making things up because you don't understand the point or what it takes to get into the top spots of the premiership. Then tell us when exactly you think Mike Ashley will "do better than Fred", which is the reason the numpties wanted rid of the Halls and Shepherd at the time ?

If and its a fucking big if, Ashley is nowhere near City or Chelseas wealth, get real. It's foolish to think by spunking 200m on players to reach the C.L. then not doing it. Gamble,gamble,gamble

"Fred" did it for 15m when he "spunked" the money to buy Bellamy and Robert :blush:

"Fred" did it for 15m when he "spunked" the money to buy Bellamy and Robert :blush:

You said about keeping out best players, do YOU think the club should have offered Nolan 50k a week on a 5 year deal??

You said about keeping out best players, do YOU think the club should have offered Nolan 50k a week on a 5 year deal??

how old are you ?