Ashley's Transfer History thread

Happy Face

Leazes, you would have given Nolan a 50k a week 5 year deal??

Of course he would. And Barton and every single player we've got and the extra 6 or 7 that Pardew wants to bring in to improve us. Fuck the wage bill, that will just materialise out of somewhere.

Its like classic opposition politics. "We wont do the bad things, we'll only do the nice things"........Never any need to explain how it will be done, where the money will come from etc etc.

Its quite frightening when you see that West Ham have just spent £16 million over 5 years on one player.

I am sure someone will know the facts but I find it hard to believe the earnings percentage ratio today is anywhere near what it was in Sir Johns day.

This is where Leazes always falls down. He can never explain how financially it can be done in todays climate.

Great if you have a sheik but otherwise books need to be balanced.

Yet again you come up with stuff thats totally irrelevant to the discussion.

LM isnt arguing that we should buy them all and keep our existing players hes talking about strengthening the squad, not merely gambling on new "talent" while binning the known capable players.

Team irrelevant strikes again

No he's not, he wants to keep players regardless of costs and sign big names without knowing where the money is coming from

The money comes from the owner. He reaps the financial reward when he sells a club in the champions league.

If and its a fucking big if, Ashley is nowhere near City or Chelseas wealth, get real. It's foolish to think by spunking 200m on players to reach the C.L. then not doing it. Gamble,gamble,gamble

"Fred" did it for 15m when he "spunked" the money to buy Bellamy and Robert :blush:

You said about keeping out best players, do YOU think the club should have offered Nolan 50k a week on a 5 year deal??

how old are you ?

What the fucks that got to do with you answering a simple question??

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because if you're less than 56 then you're automatically wrong on all counts.

he is incorrect, definitely, and going around in circles because he has no understanding of football.

I wonder if he is a new version of skidders, although less abusive, so far ? Proberbly [as he likes to spell it].

Why can't he answer the question, I answered him, and told him how clubs get into the top positions of the premiership, but it appears the poor little dear doesn't like the [correct] response and still thinks we are no bigger than the Boltons and Blackburns of this world.

he is incorrect, definitely, and going around in circles because he has no understanding of football.

I wonder if he is a new version of skidders, although less abusive, so far ? Proberbly [as he likes to spell it].

Why can't he answer the question, I answered him, and told him how clubs get into the top positions of the premiership, but it appears the poor little dear doesn't like the [correct] response and still thinks we are no bigger than the Boltons and Blackburns of this world.

So how much do you think it would cost to break the top 4? Or the top 6?

anyway, this is supposed to be about Ashleys transfer strategy, not jaysouthernmag getting his knickers in a twist because he doesn't understand football and consequently my reply doesn't suit his "opinion" and continuing to follow me around like an obsessed puppy.

One good player gone so far then, and we are still waiting to see what is done with the Carroll money. Who is next ?

I asked you two very simple questions

1. Would you have given Nolan a 5yr deal on 50k a week??

2. How much do you think would need to be spent to challenge the top 4??

I've never compared us to Bolton or said Ashley is the saviour of the club. I'm realistic about where we are NOW. So please,pretty please with sugar on top, just answer the fucking questions

I'm really looking forward to seeing who wins this one. Feels like we'll find out pretty soon.

I've asked the guy 2 questions, you wouldn't have thought it was difficult to answer them really

I did warn you :blush:

You will never get this time back

I'm really looking forward to seeing who wins this one. Feels like we'll find out pretty soon.

I've asked the guy 2 questions, you wouldn't have thought it was difficult to answer them really

I answered your first stupid question, now tell me how old you are ?

If you aren't careful, Holden McGroin and Gloomy will give you flak for ruining threads, and you might even find CT agreeing with your "opinion", as he also knows fuck all about football or Newcastle United. :blush:

I asked you two very simple questions

1. Would you have given Nolan a 5yr deal on 50k a week??

2. How much do you think would need to be spent to challenge the top 4??

I've never compared us to Bolton or said Ashley is the saviour of the club. I'm realistic about where we are NOW. So please,pretty please with sugar on top, just answer the fucking questions

where we are NOW = a club in decline, because of Mike Ashley, sonny.

How old are you ?

Have we sold anybody today yet ?

No, but I think Ba has signed.

how much of the Carroll money has been allowed to the manager so far ?

Can't be 56, I'm only 53 !! on the bright side I don't piss my pants yet.

About £300k

Team Positive.

Can't be 56, I'm only 53 !! on the bright side I don't piss my pants yet.

53 and never seen NUFC play ?

About £300k

Team Positive.

does "losing" the biggest amount of money get you into europe ?

Windows only been open just over a week and we've signed Cabaye and Ba so far, two good players.

You never answered my question about Nolan, if so where is it?

I'm 38 btw, for what it matters

Do you mean how much of it has he spent so far or how much has he to spend all together? So far I reckon £12M or so spent. Ba is a 3 year deal with low wages but high incentives to increase based on goals and games played. Tricky one to calculate. But if it averaged £40K per week then I guess that brings it up to around £18M excluding any agent fees. They "should" add back into this though Nolan (£3M plus £40K wages) which you could argue negates the Cabaye deal to some degree. Then Sol has left as well. Course this is assuming what we shift out the club gets added to the transfer budget.

Spin that however you like :blush:

Do you mean how much of it has he spent so far or how much has he to spend all together? So far I reckon £12M or so spent. Ba is a 3 year deal with low wages but high incentives to increase based on goals and games played. Tricky one to calculate. But if it averaged £40K per week then I guess that brings it up to around £18M excluding any agent fees. They "should" add back into this though Nolan (£3M plus £40K wages) which you could argue negates the Cabaye deal to some degree. Then Sol has left as well. Course this is assuming what we shift out the club gets added to the transfer budget.

Spin that however you like :blush:

no. I think any club with ambition and the resources and fanbase of NUFC should not be using outgoing transfer fees to cover normal running costs of the club. Having sold Carroll, the manager should be allowed all of that to do what he wants with, this is what the good clubs do, not the selling clubs and stepping stone clubs.

I think quite a few people will agree with this, however the usual numpties will not.

Windows only been open just over a week and we've signed Cabaye and Ba so far, two good players.

You never answered my question about Nolan, if so where is it?

I'm 38 btw, for what it matters

38 ? Are you sure ?

:blush:

You don't know much about football for a 38 year old ? How many times have you seen Newcastle play ?