Andy Carroll aftermath(press conf/interviews etc)

Barney

we’ll be getting shit reputation in football circles.

Very very true. I believe that other chairmen have commented on Ashley's unprofesionalism too. Newcastle will become, if not already are a club that people would prefer not to do business with. Lets be honest it looks like players don't care where they play so Ashley's little price hike gambles will not be forgotten.

Add Bates into the equation as well [re: our belated & insulting offer for Delph], which apparently drew a colorful faxed response from Leeds. But this point is spot on.

It's all well & good to burn bridges in your own business sector, when as the forceful player in the market there are no serious ramifications in the business' future dealings. These day's Ashley/SD are the dictators of the sports retail market, he can piss off & attempt to shaft whomever he pleases. In football circles it's a different story, we're a drop in the ocean by comparison. Much to Contrary Tree's chagrim this is a dominant reason as to why i post some of the details about his SD dealings [and ethics used], because there's a strain of consistency about his ethics in both sectors, and it's unlikely top pay dividends in the football sector, as intimated 'clubs will be wary to do business with us, when we're/Ashley is the purchaser'.

The player buying market [as a product supply line] is a competive market, and forming professional relationships [based on respectul & professional dealings: as the previous regime did, with PSG being a notable example] has it's advantages. The purchases of Ginola & Robert [when both players were being courted by Barca] were due as much to a relatioship of mutual respect between two clubs, not just purely due to our ambition [having top 1st team managers in place: drawcards in their own right, & spending power] at the time.

But in Lendoiro he met his match & mirror image, when buying Collo. It's one time he copped a bit of his own medicine re: transfer market ethics. That saga looked more like a high-noon showdown between two club heavyweights who are similarly known for their lack of professionalism, with Ashley getting his fingers burned slightly.

Eh?? Like when they agreed to sell us George Weah and then reneged on the deal?

I don't believe any relationship is necessary in the slightest these days. It is Ashley's world all over the place i.e. money rules and nowt else. Money, money, money and integrity counts for absolutely fuck all.

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's nothing to do with ambition or building a team or anything the fans are interested in. We don't really need the money - this years money plus £35m for our best player tells us this - addtional to a few transfer windows resulting in profit. It's asset stripping. Pure and sickening.

Exactly

I don't know how people cannot see this.

The TV money and league postion should bring in at least £50m this year. Thats without any other revinue streams

The sicking thing is, this would pu the club back in profit (maybe on a small one). Then there is the Loan to start reducing.

This could go on for a further fews years yet :(

I'd really like the club to employ some special advisors, or to put someone on the board who actually understands football on a sporting level as well an industry one. Someone who also understands the club wouldn't go amiss either.

What difference would it make, Ashley knows what the fans think of him. Whay would he listen to a mouth piece for the fans and football ?

I'm not on about a mouthpiece, or someone who can relay other people's opinions to him.

I'm talking about someone who can actually advise him on the best ways to go about things. Someone he'd actually listen to though with that said, and I don't mean a yes man like Llambias who doesn't have a clue and shouldn't be anywhere near the running of a football club.

I'm not on about a mouthpiece, or someone who can relay other people's opinions to him.

I'm talking about someone who can actually advise him on the best ways to go about things. Someone he'd actually listen to though with that said, and I don't mean a yes man like Llambias who doesn't have a clue and shouldn't be anywhere near the running of a football club.

that would Dennis Wise then :(

It's nothing to do with ambition or building a team or anything the fans are interested in. We don't really need the money - this years money plus £35m for our best player tells us this - addtional to a few transfer windows resulting in profit. It's asset stripping. Pure and sickening.

Exactly

I don't know how people cannot see this.

The TV money and league postion should bring in at least £50m this year. Thats without any other revinue streams

The sicking thing is, this would pu the club back in profit (maybe on a small one). Then there is the Loan to start reducing.

This could go on for a further fews years yet :(

They just keep bashing out an apologist catchphrase along the lines of 'Ashley's intentions will be more clear during & after the next window etc etc'

Edited by Year Zero

we’ll be getting shit reputation in football circles.

Very very true. I believe that other chairmen have commented on Ashley's unprofesionalism too. Newcastle will become, if not already are a club that people would prefer not to do business with. Lets be honest it looks like players don't care where they play so Ashley's little price hike gambles will not be forgotten.

Add Bates into the equation as well [re: our belated & insulting offer for Delph], which apparently drew a colorful faxed response from Leeds. But this point is spot on.

It's all well & good to burn bridges in your own business sector, when as the forceful player in the market there are no serious ramifications in the business' future dealings. These day's Ashley/SD are the dictators of the sports retail market, he can piss off & attempt to shaft whomever he pleases. In football circles it's a different story, we're a drop in the ocean by comparison. Much to Contrary Tree's chagrim this is a dominant reason as to why i post some of the details about his SD dealings [and ethics used], because there's a strain of consistency about his ethics in both sectors, and it's unlikely top pay dividends in the football sector, as intimated 'clubs will be wary to do business with us, when we're/Ashley is the purchaser'.

The player buying market [as a product supply line] is a competive market, and forming professional relationships [based on respectul & professional dealings: as the previous regime did, with PSG being a notable example] has it's advantages. The purchases of Ginola & Robert [when both players were being courted by Barca] were due as much to a relatioship of mutual respect between two clubs, not just purely due to our ambition [having top 1st team managers in place: drawcards in their own right, & spending power] at the time.

But in Lendoiro he met his match & mirror image, when buying Collo. It's one time he copped a bit of his own medicine re: transfer market ethics. That saga looked more like a high-noon showdown between two club heavyweights who are similarly known for their lack of professionalism, with Ashley getting his fingers burned slightly.

Eh?? Like when they agreed to sell us George Weah and then reneged on the deal?

I don't believe any relationship is necessary in the slightest these days. It is Ashley's world all over the place i.e. money rules and nowt else. Money, money, money and integrity counts for absolutely fuck all.

I don't think Weah had any intention of coming here dis he? His move to Milan was a done deal - it was a no-goer from the beginning. PSG used our interest as a means of drawing more quid out of Milan, and PSG's heirachy knew that KK/Fletcher and Co knew of their deception. After that 'reneg' [as you call it] PSG have been courteous & honest in their dealings with us. Keegan intimated [in his book] that the acquistion of Ginola [when PSG could have allowed him to talk to Barca] was almost a conscience-based gesture of good will towards us.

Edited by Year Zero

His intentions are to buy players, develop/expose them and then sell them for a profit. That's 100% Newcastle United Football Club till this cunt fucks off.

Unfortunate that neither he nor none of the staff ever worked for Olympique Lyon then.

His intentions are to buy players, develop/expose them and then sell them for a profit. That's 100% Newcastle United Football Club till this cunt fucks off.

Unfortunate that neither he nor none of the staff ever worked for Olympique Lyon then.

Olympique Lyonnais have a team that is worth £100million. We will never ever get close to that.

From various sources:
Alan Pardew fears Newcastle United 'will have a problem' if clubs bid for midfielder Cheick Tiote at the end of the season.

Tiote has impressed at St James' Park since joining the Magpies from FC Twente last summer and has already been linked with rival Premier League teams.

Newcastle cashed in on home-grown product Andy Carroll on deadline day after selling the striker to Liverpool for £35million and owner Mike Ashley is keen to put the club on a sound financial footing.

Pardew understands the philosophy of Ashley and Derek Llambias and is hoping he can hang on to Tiote in the long term.

Very talented

"I am hoping there are no bids, ­otherwise we will have a problem," said Pardew.

"Tiote is a very important player, very talented and someone we want to be a big part of our future."

He added: "When I became ­manager, they (Ashley and Llambias) made me aware that they wanted to get the club on a financial footing, which gives them a chance to build it.

"Signing young players and ­hoping they become successful in the ­Premier League is part of the policy of growing as a club.

"Now, ideally, you would like to keep someone like Andy Carroll, a young player who is from the area, but ­financially we could not keep him.

"But we like to think, certainly I have that ambition, that in two or three years' time, if we can sustain our ­status and keep getting the TV ­money invested wisely, that we can hold off that next bid which might be for Cheick in 18 months' time or so.

"We have to get ourselves in a ­position to do that because at the moment we're not and we have to accept that."

Selling club-tastic...

Pardew: "Mike, you told me Carroll wasn't for sale. How am I going to do my job if you sell our best players?"

Ashley: "Fuck off Pardew, I do what I like. Tiote's next by the way, I've had some cracking offers."

My computer is acting up and won't copy and paste, but there's an article in the Mirror today with Pardoo saying "That stuff about assurances, and the player was never for sale? I made it up cos I knew teams were sniffing around and I wanted to warn them off."

Canny.

My computer is acting up and won't copy and paste, but there's an article in the Mirror today with Pardoo saying "That stuff about assurances, and the player was never for sale? I made it up cos I knew teams were sniffing around and I wanted to warn them off."

Canny.

Newcastle boss Alan Pardew has revealed that his claim Andy Carroll would not be sold was ­simply a ploy to “keep the sharks away”.

Pardew and the Magpies’ top brass have been ­criticised for selling Carroll to Liverpool in a record-breaking £35million deal last week after saying the England striker was not for sale at any price.

But the Toon boss now admits that his apparently-defiant stance was nothing more than a tactic aimed at repelling predators.

Pardew said: “Part of my defence which, I have not really leaned on when I said he was not for sale, was me trying to keep people away because people were fishing round him.

“So I was trying to keep the sharks away as much as anything else. I didn’t want him to go – that is fairly ­evident. If the media think that is an embarrassment to me then I will accept that. I just thought it was the right tactic at the time.”

He accepts it was unrealistic to think ­Newcastle could hold on to their prize asset in an era when every player has his price.

And Pardew insisted the club had no choice once 22-year-old Carroll told him he wanted to leave.

The Magpies boss ­believes that even his Manchester United counterpart Sir Alex Ferguson would face the same dilemma if a wealthy club such as Barcelona came in for his star striker Wayne ­Rooney.

Pardew added: “You have to face reality. Unfortunately that is what we had to do when Liverpool came with their pockets ­brimming full of cash.”

This one?

Canny.

He makes stuff up? He's in good company with Ashley and Llambias then....