Generic small time football blather thread

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really odd........I've been there*. :lol:

*Grimsby/Cleethorpes

When and if it was for a Newcastle game then yeah the area around Blundell is a shit tip.

Still far better than the other two places and doesn't have a particular reputation as far as I know other than if you're from there you can't eat from a chippy anywhere else in the country ;)

Speaking of that area and I'm about to buy tickets to the FA Trophy Final :D. Stoke game next week and that near the end of the month, great month.

Edited by CleeToonFan

Aye, been twice around the Blundell Park area and a few miles around it. Was a complete hole, rough as fuck as well and saw trouble the first time as well. Always sticks in my mind although the last time I was there was in 1993 to be fair. ;)

I was talking about this with a West Ham fan when the Bobby Moore celebrations were going on. I was sure Moore was a bit of a dick off the field, but he was adamant that his behaviour on the pitch for club and country meant that that's what we should focus on.

Giggs was one of the example he gave as a man we should celebrate for his on the field contribution and we should ignore his indiscretions off the pitch.

The lastest Four Four Two has a canny feature on Dortmund if anybody is interested. I don't think it's worth £4.60 mind but the bright colours swung me. Well worth a read, they have an excellent template not just in the club but in German football overall. Everyone knows about the drinking in the stands & standing but there was a couple of other snippets worth picking up on - For instance after Euro 2000 the DFB said they would relegate any club who didn't build a brand new, up to scratch training facility for the youths.

Brave.

The lastest Four Four Two has a canny feature on Dortmund if anybody is interested. I don't think it's worth £4.60 mind but the bright colours swung me. Well worth a read, they have an excellent template not just in the club but in German football overall. Everyone knows about the drinking in the stands & standing but there was a couple of other snippets worth picking up on - For instance after Euro 2000 the DFB said they would relegate any club who didn't build a brand new, up to scratch training facility for the youths.

Brave.

http://fourfourtwo.com/blogs/fourfourtwoview/archive/2013/02/05/in-the-new-issue-inside-borussia-dortmund-gerrard-amp-carra-in-conversation.aspx

As you say, very bright! :)

Don't think a measure like that would work in this country, the big club's laugh at doing something for the national team, and already have academies packed with foreign young ins...or buy young foreign players in, like us.

Edited by PaddockLad

http://fourfourtwo.c...nversation.aspx

As you say, very bright! :)

Don't think a measure like that would work in this country, the big club's laugh at doing something for the national team, and already have academies packed with foreign young ins...or buy young foreign players in, like us.

I think as an overall package the English game is too far gone.

Had a subscription for years. It's generally a great read that deals with all levels of the game, I just skip the 'big club' articles because they're never very interesting nor do they tell me much new. Unlike an article on BVB, who I don't know much about.