Generic small time football blather thread

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

Been on night shift the last couple if weeks, have read "the secet footballer".....apparently its Dave Kitson, ex Reading and Stoke.

Not a bad read, looks like he wrote the cloumn and book himself, fair play. Not a lot you didnt know/couldnt work out for yourself, and he's very opinionated, sees things exactly for what they are and knows what is important in life. Think he's blew all his money now mind and suffers from depression.

I read it too and I think it's Danny Murphy. I tried tracking the facts and he was fits the bill

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.whoisthes...otballer.co.uk/

I always thought it was murphy mind

Spoke to Frank Gilfeather (Sport Journalist) before Christmas about it - and he had no idea who it was. So either literally no-one in the industry knows who it is (and the Independent doing an incredible job of keeping it under raps) or all journalists have taken a blood oath not to divulge his name.

Am sure they did a half B&W/half Brazil one when Mirandinha signed...think I remember seeing them in the sports shop bit* of Topman in Elsdon Sqaure....Howmanheyman would know, he probably had one, all I could afford was the ski hat :(

* What the fuck was that called again? :lol:

Edited by PaddockLad

Do they just roll a dice when it comes to deciding where to poke about?

Ramires two footer will be entirely ignored but Shearer was calling for a 6 match ban for Goran's spit. Honestly people have been calling for a panel of explayers who look over the big events of the weekend and have the authority and facility to ban/rescind punishments.

1 thing they have to address is when the facility to overturn a yellow card that lead to a ban (either by being the 5th or the 2nd of the game)

1 thing they have to address is when the facility to overturn a yellow card that lead to a ban (either by being the 5th or the 2nd of the game)

And vice versa, it needs to be possible to retroactively upgrade a yellow card to a red for fouls that deserve it. The whole "the referee reported it so it can't be changed" line is ridiculous.

The FA would refuse to look at Ramires' two-footer as he was given a yellow at the time. The rule stinks, but that's a separate issue.

They'd also refuse to review Cisse grabbing Ashley Cole by the throat. Swings and roundabouts.

I'm not certain it would change a lot, particularly if it was ran by referees/the FA who seem to mostly support their colleagues decisions. I saw Dermot Gallagher on SSN last season reviewing incidents from the weekend and he was giving it the 'contact' line to justify the ref giving a penalty where Dzecko reacted as if the light tap of boot on shin pad was a sledgehammer to his knackers.

I wonder if Owen's had a talking to from Pulis btw - previously very light on his feet by his own admission, he was very outspoken against diving last year and gets up straight away from that tasty but fair tackle from Arterta.

Paolo Berlusconi caught on camera referring to Balotelli as 'little nigger'.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/european/9851766/AC-Milan-vice-president-Paolo-Berlusconi-Silvios-younger-brother-in-racist-taunt-at-Mario-Balotelli.html

Absolutely shameful, especially given Silvio's support of Boateng's walk off last month.