Generic small time football blather thread

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye, bloody ungrateful 'hooligans' 'taking away the rights of companies who have paid good money for advertising.'

I know its the way football is going nowadays but that story/article is just emetic. So depressing its comical.

Trouble is, (as the article says) if it weren't for his cash, they'd be fucked.

Hull City would have to exist at a lower level, but theyd still be Hull City. Football clubs weren't created to be advertising hoardings for millionaires, they were formed to represent communities. The sooner everyone grasps this the better, supporters included. This is pretty much "shutting the door after the horse has bolted" by about 25 years, but when the actual historical identity of clubs is being ditched in favour of cold hard cash then perhaps the Hull fans have decided that a belated line needs to be drawn.

Hull City would have to exist at a lower level, but theyd still be Hull City. Football clubs weren't created to be advertising hoardings for millionaires, they were formed to represent communities. The sooner everyone grasps this the better, supporters included. This is pretty much "shutting the door after the horse has bolted" by about 25 years, but when the actual historical identity of clubs is being ditched in favour of cold hard cash then perhaps the Hull fans have decided that a belated line needs to be drawn.

I agree I'd rather be Newcastle United in the Championship, than The Newcastle Seahorses, playing at the Starbucks Pleasure Dome.

Garth Crooks' Team of the Week. He picks strikers who scored, midfielders who scored, defenders who scored and goalkeepers who made some saves.

I'd be surprised if he even watched any games. One can only assume the BBC have care in the community obligations and he is helping to fill the quota.

Re Garth Crooks....there was a Lfc fan at work today who said Tom Huddlestone didn't give Gerrard a kick yesterday...I'd take him to Brazil..one of the few players in this country who treasures possession..

I think Huddlestone has been great this season. Put his head down and got on with his game, have really enjoyed watching Hull this season because of his play.