Lance Corporal Kyle Cleet Marshall

peasepud

:lol: RIP for this guy, so sad losing our lads in a pointless conflict.

... not to be disrespectful or owt though but shouldn't this be in general?

You don't want to be disrespectful, but you accuse a man who was working for a better future for Afghanistan - and putting his life on the line for it - of doing a pointless job. Nice going buddy.

RIP to a brave man trying to do a noble job in difficult circumstances.

You don't want to be disrespectful, but you accuse a man who was working for a better future for Afghanistan - and putting his life on the line for it - of doing a pointless job. Nice going buddy.

Ive worked alongside some of the medics in afghanistan when i did my gap year. I dont think youre in any position to say he was working for a better future for Afghanistan. He was however, serving his country and may his soul R.I.P.

IF our lads had a choice in the matter then it would be a dig at doing a pointless job, as it is I come from a military family and what I said stands. There's a difference between the job and the conflict numbnuts.

Call me a numbnuts but I'm not the one you should be speaking to. If you're going to come out with shit like that, go to Helmand Province and tell the men there that they're doing a pointless job. You absolute fucking cowards.

I disagree. Nobody's criticising the man, the troops on the ground or the armed forces. They're criticisng the people who sent them there in the first place.

Anyway RIP LC Marshall.

Call me a numbnuts but I'm not the one you should be speaking to. If you're going to come out with shit like that, go to Helmand Province and tell the men there that they're doing a pointless job. You absolute fucking cowards.

I've spoken to a soldier who thinks it is a pointless job. He's been before and he's there now. That doesn't mean it is a pointless task out there, it's just his opinion, just as it's the opinion of some of the other people in the thread. Holding that opinion doesn't make you a coward however. Any more that it makes you a coward for saying it isn't pointless or for criticising the acts of the Taliban from the safety of your keyboard.

Anyway, RIP. Terribly sad news. And there was another lad from the region who was killed out there recently that was on the local news last night.

Edited by alex

I've spoken to a soldier who thinks it is a pointless job. He's been before and he's there now. That doesn't mean it is a pointless task out there, it's just his opinion, just as it's the opinion of some of the other people in the thread. Holding that opinion doesn't make you a coward however. Any more that it makes you a coward for saying it isn't pointless or for criticising the acts of the Taliban from the safety of your keyboard.

Anyway, RIP. Terribly sad news. And there was another lad from the region who was killed out there recently that was on the local news last night.

I'm out here now, and I can see how much better the country is compared to 2004 when I was last here. We have help this country back on it's feet and are helping train the people to take it on themselves

I'm out here now, and I can see how much better the country is compared to 2004 when I was last here. We have help this country back on it's feet and are helping train the people to take it on themselves

That's great, mate. And I really mean that. It wasn't a dig on my part at soldiers in any way. I totally respect the role you lot have played over there, being professional under very difficult circumstances. The keyboard warrior argument works both ways though, which was more my point. People are entitled to their opinions either way. I'm not arrogant enough to think I'm anywhere near as well informed as you though.

I'm not saying I know more than most. Everyone has an opinion and im sure lads/lasses will be out here who do think it pointless and shit. They like me are entitled to an opinion on it.

Like you say people who sit at a keyboard and work (if they do) in their comfort zone can not have a clear opinion on it. Most are media swayed. Iraq was different to Afghan, the afghan people were trapped by the Taliban and needed our help plus the Taliban attacked one of the biggest nations in the world so the invation was always gonna happen once they boarded them planes. So to say the people that put us here are to blame is wrong too. We had to come in to afghan.

Iraq can be viewed different, as we invaded under blind faith and a lot of people now know it was wrong. It has however help them become a proper country now and in time will be a rich nation.

I'm not saying I know more than most. Everyone has an opinion and im sure lads/lasses will be out here who do think it pointless and shit. They like me are entitled to an opinion on it.

Like you say people who sit at a keyboard and work (if they do) in their comfort zone can not have a clear opinion on it. Most are media swayed. Iraq was different to Afghan, the afghan people were trapped by the Taliban and needed our help plus the Taliban attacked one of the biggest nations in the world so the invation was always gonna happen once they boarded them planes. So to say the people that put us here are to blame is wrong too. We had to come in to afghan.

Iraq can be viewed different, as we invaded under blind faith and a lot of people now know it was wrong. It has however help them become a proper country now and in time will be a rich nation.

Yeah you're right, sorry for the comments.