Worst film ever

Jusoda Kid

What's wrong with Kermode?  One of the only critics who knows what he's talking about and isn't a pretentious arse about it.

That book looks like it might be worth a look.  Must email it as a present suggestion for Christmas.

HF - You've got to accept that most people aren't that into movies and as such it's possible to create a technical masterpiece which could be regarded by most as 'the worst movie ever made', and they wouldn't be wrong.

67075[/snapback]

After the Exorcist Kermodes second favourite is Brazil, which I've already said I hated.

He says "The only thing I'm certain about is that The Exorcist is both my own favourite film and the definitive Best Film Ever Made." Who's he to say what's the definitve best film ever made. Just leave it at "my favourite".

I often agree with him though.

67086[/snapback]

Personally, I thought the Exorcist was utter rubbish. That bit where her head does a 360, was it supposed to be funny or what? It would definitely get my vote as the most over-rated horror film of all time.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, agree that he shouldn't have put it like that, I hate it when anyone is that sure about anything, unless it's that people reading film books are homosexuals, that's beyond doubt. :lol:

Trying to bring things back on topic - myself and my brother watched a film one night that has to be a contender called 'Dead Innocent', I think the only thing that saves it is that we couldn't stop laughing it was so bad.  The one problem with not having Sky Movies is never getting to see anything that bad any more.

67089[/snapback]

I cancelled Sky Movies recently and signed up with Screenselect instead. There's so much crap on Sky Movies it's ridiculous. Costs a bit more than Sky Movies but at least I get to choose decent stuff to watch.

the only problem with old horror movies is that it's pretty impossible for them to maintain the fear factor so long after their release.

The are a few films which can still get your pulse racing despite the effects improving, or the shot/angle has been replicated a million times, but they are a rare breed.

hate titanic despite the impressive effects. Awful script, awful acting and awful concept. Dicaprio dies... great... but I reckon this film is the Westlife of movies. It's aimed at pubescent girls, it was only succesful because of the scores of pubescent girls and weepy types.

It's the most over-hyped, pile of shite ever consigned to celluloid.

if it was a great film then so are Matrix 2 & 3, they too had impressive effects and some stand out moments of cinema (the car chase scene in 2), but the overwhelming feeling was that of a total waste of a good idea and a big budget.

the only problem with old horror movies is that it's pretty impossible for them to maintain the fear factor so long after their release.

The are a few films which can still get your pulse racing despite the effects improving, or the shot/angle has been replicated a million times, but they are a rare breed.

hate titanic despite the impressive effects. Awful script, awful acting and awful concept. Dicaprio dies... great... but I reckon this film is the Westlife of movies. It's aimed at pubescent girls, it was only succesful because of the scores of pubescent girls and weepy types.

if it was a great film then so are Matrix 2 & 3, they too had impressive effects and some stand out moments of cinema (the car chase scene in 2), but the overwhelming feeling was that of a total waste of a good idea and a big budget.

67106[/snapback]

I saw about the first 45 minutes of Titanic once before turning it off. Rubbish! What happens in the end by the way? :lol:

well I dunno about everyone else, but at the end of the film I was in floods of tears, muttering the same phrase over and over.

"ten fucking quid that cost me... ten fucking quid..."

however on the plus side the girlfriend at the time realised how much suffering she had just put me through and made it up to me by buying me a chinese takeaway...

yeah that's going to get those 3 hours of my life back.

I was fortunate in that I had intended to watch Star Wars, but it was sold out so I figured I'd watch this new Keanu Reeves flick.

had heard nothing about it and it was one of those films that became my instant favourite, good idea, well executed and well shot. The Balsa wood performance of Reeves didn't really detract fromt he film. If I'd heard any of the hype I doubt I'd have been so impressed. Totally let down by the sequels though.

well I dunno about everyone else, but at the end of the film I was in floods of tears, muttering the same phrase over and over.

"ten fucking quid that cost me... ten fucking quid..."

however on the plus side the girlfriend at the time realised how much suffering she had just put me through and made it up to me by buying me a chinese takeaway...

yeah that's going to get those 3 hours of my life back.

67121[/snapback]

But the ship sinks, right?

I thought the Matrix was dire like.  One of those where I just couldn't see what all the fuss was about.

67122[/snapback]

I thought it was ok, but I agree with your second sentence. It's quite a lot of people's top movie in the world ever. JWTBH.

I think I was the only person in the cinema to laugh out loud when the guy falling from the bow of the sinking ship twats his head off a chimney-thing and spins off into the sea...

worth it though.

only really enjoyed Carey in Man in the Moon and the Mask

oh and Ace Venturar pet detective has to be one of the worst films I've seen in a long bloody time.

only really enjoyed Carey in Man in the Moon and the Mask

oh and Ace Venturar pet detective has to be one of the worst films I've seen in a long bloody time.

67134[/snapback]

'Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind' is a good film like. Carey is even good in it.

67106[/snapback]

I saw about the first 45 minutes of Titanic once before turning it off. Rubbish! What happens in the end by the way? :lol:

67111[/snapback]

I was dragged into it by a woman. When DiCaprio finally drowns I sighed and said "About time." I got "the stare" of about ten sobby teenagers in the row in front of us... :lol:

I think I watched some of it.. but I think it's one of those films were you should really give it your full attention to enjoy it.

a lot like "Dude where's your car"

I think I watched some of it.. but I think it's one of those films were you should really give it your full attention to enjoy it.

a lot like "Dude where's your car"

67140[/snapback]

:lol:

Give it a go, it's a good film.

Dear Wendy is decent.. quite trendy and odd though.

never watch "Soul Plane" though.. it's truly truly terrible. It strikes me as a film made by a middle aged white man from scarborough, for a black audience. Utter Utter shite.

• 1 year later...

Shaun of the Dead - I've laughed more watching a repeat of Only fools and horses on UK gold than watching this shite.

I quite enjoyed, Hot Fuzz on the other hand was steaming pile of shite.