Niall Quinn Whining about his shit fans again

Happy Face

He arrived in Roker Park’s dying days and moved to the new Stadium of Light in 1997, fired by the passion of the crowd that filled their new 48,000-seater home to the rafters time and again.

Really?

TBF - they did get full houses for the first couple of years under the Monkey's heed - it was only after the relegations bit that they dropped a bit.

That was in the initial "free ticket mackems" era though.

Aye exactly. Headmasters in places like HEXHAM, BLYTH, BLAYDON, ASHINGTON, FUCKIN HAYDON BRIDGE (proper Sunderland heartlands), were getting letters - "right £50 bring the whole school doon" and that's how they filled 48,000. Newcastle have almost always had full houses for 18 year, paying top end prices (most expensive outside London).

It was further afield than that....they sent a team of coaches to Kelso one weekend in the 90s and had a coaching clinic for all the local youngsters then put a bus on for them the following weekend to take them to a game at the sol.....Kelso is close to 70 miles from sunderland :icon_lol: As we speak there are currently 2 sunderland fans in Kelso ...the same amount as there was almost 30 years ago when I was at school with one of them...the other one is his older brother and unsuprisingly their old man is from sunderland, they were brought up to support the fuckin twats. In view of this I think its fair to say as a policy for recruiting fans its worse than useless.

Quinn has sold Short a pup and now he's getting grief from the yank for it. As you say, entirely predictable. Feel sorry for him in a way, but you can't make honey out of dogshit :D

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol deadman...

Future's not looking too rosy for the Mackems at the mo, especially when the likes of Bent are jumping ship to a club like Villa.

The attendance stats for this season are staggering, but I wonder what effect our 5-1 thrashing of them had on attendance?

"Newcastle get 53,000 and they are a pretty big club. Everybody thinks they are far bigger than Sunderland but I know if this club goes right we will be bigger than Newcastle.

"That is what attaches to me to it. It is the potential, it is the people, it is their spirit."

I could've told him then in 2007 that his comments were making him look a bigger fool than David Icke. The future for Sunderland should be rosier than ours due to the investment and commitment, but it won't be, because of the basic fabric of the club. They are not half the size of Newcastle United in support, stature, or local and national appeal. When you factor in it's a shithole it's ridiculous comparing the clubs even. The true difference in the clubs was shown in those figures last week - gate receipts Sunderland £12m (Prem) Newcastle £31m (CCC) it's a gobsmacking difference. If Sunderland fans had to pay proper prices they'd be even smaller - probably akin to say a Birmingham City.

Fuckin' hell. :D Thats a beauty there.

95% of football clubs in Britain would jizz at the thought of having a fanbase the size of Sunderland's, when we were first promoted under Keane the economy was good and as a result we averaged around 44-45,000 that year. Which is fantastic support, especially for the shit our fans have been put through for the majority of the last half century. Quinn needs to realise that times are tough, and that fans feel more alienated from the game now than at any time in football history. Its alright for him to bang on about people not buying season cards but at the end of the day he's going back to his massive house with his 8 figure bank balance.

We can point the finger and laugh at Sunderland, but it wouldn't surprise me if things go the same way with us next season if there isn't major investment in the team and a commitment to hang onto our best players.

We can point the finger and laugh at Sunderland, but it wouldn't surprise me if things go the same way with us next season if there isn't major investment in the team and a commitment to hang onto our best players.

Whilst that is true, the fact remains that at least their owner is trying to make his club better. That alone makes there falling attendances a worry for Disco pants. Here we have the FCB just taking the piss and raking in the cash!

Edited by Ollie Burtons Grandad

He arrived in Roker Park’s dying days and moved to the new Stadium of Light in 1997, fired by the passion of the crowd that filled their new 48,000-seater home to the rafters time and again.

Really?

TBF - they did get full houses for the first couple of years under the Monkey's heed - it was only after the relegations bit that they dropped a bit.

Aye exactly. Headmasters in places like HEXHAM, BLYTH, BLAYDON, ASHINGTON, FUCKIN HAYDON BRIDGE (proper Sunderland heartlands), were getting letters - "right £50 bring the whole school doon" and that's how they filled 48,000. Newcastle have almost always had full houses for 18 year, paying top end prices (most expensive outside London).

It was further afield than that....they sent a team of coaches to Kelso one weekend in the 90s and had a coaching clinic for all the local youngsters then put a bus on for them the following weekend to take them to a game at the sol.....Kelso is close to 70 miles from sunderland :icon_lol: As we speak there are currently 2 sunderland fans in Kelso ...the same amount as there was almost 30 years ago when I was at school with one of them...the other one is his older brother and unsuprisingly their old man is from sunderland, they were brought up to support the fuckin twats. In view of this I think its fair to say as a policy for recruiting fans its worse than useless.

Quinn has sold Short a pup and now he's getting grief from the yank for it. As you say, entirely predictable. Feel sorry for him in a way, but you can't make honey out of dogshit :D

had them in Morpeth aswell

Really?

For a club that has suffer back to back record breaking relegations and as long as I can remember have been up and down the league. Bringing in 38,000 is more than impressive.

I go to as many games as I can but the stewarding at the SoL is terrible. A right pain in the arse so I wouldn't be suprised if that ha anything to do with it

Really?

you are so full of shit

"Newcastle get 53,000 and they are a pretty big club. Everybody thinks they are far bigger than Sunderland but I know if this club goes right we will be bigger than Newcastle.

"That is what attaches to me to it. It is the potential, it is the people, it is their spirit."

I could've told him then in 2007 that his comments were making him look a bigger fool than David Icke. The future for Sunderland should be rosier than ours due to the investment and commitment, but it won't be, because of the basic fabric of the club. They are not half the size of Newcastle United in support, stature, or local and national appeal. When you factor in it's a shithole it's ridiculous comparing the clubs even. The true difference in the clubs was shown in those figures last week - gate receipts Sunderland £12m (Prem) Newcastle £31m (CCC) it's a gobsmacking difference. If Sunderland fans had to pay proper prices they'd be even smaller - probably akin to say a Birmingham City.

95% of football clubs in Britain would jizz at the thought of having a fanbase the size of Sunderland's, when we were first promoted under Keane the economy was good and as a result we averaged around 44-45,000 that year. Which is fantastic support, especially for the shit our fans have been put through for the majority of the last half century. Quinn needs to realise that times are tough, and that fans feel more alienated from the game now than at any time in football history. Its alright for him to bang on about people not buying season cards but at the end of the day he's going back to his massive house with his 8 figure bank balance.

For what you had to put up with prior to that season I wouldn't knock your support that much, a lot of so called big clubs wouldn't have got as many in similar circumstances, but, just to put the record straight, your average attendance was 31,887. You got 45,000 crowds at some point in that season and you also got twenty odd thousand crowds as well, hence the average gate being 31K.

Guest LeazesLad

Really?

you are so full of shit

They were the most expensive outside of London you fuckwit, I don't see how you could argue with that, particularly before the ground went up to 52,000. Man Utd and especially Liverpool had a policy of cheap tickets at the lower end. We didn't even categorise games until 2008.

Is it incorrect? Pretty obviously it's not. I don't see how it can be contradicted even, you're seen as a scruffy no mark club with ridiculously cheap tickets who's various chairman down the years slag the support off, who's identity is defined by "being near and hating Newcastle". Some mackems even admit that on your forum.

For what you had to put up with prior to that season I wouldn't knock your support that much, a lot of so called big clubs wouldn't have got as many in similar circumstances, but, just to put the record straight, your average attendance was 31,887. You got 45,000 crowds at some point in that season and you also got twenty odd thousand crowds as well, hence the average gate being 31K.

I meant season 2007/08, our first season back in the top flight.

Really?

you are so full of shit

They were the most expensive outside of London you fuckwit, I don't see how you could argue with that, particularly before the ground went up to 52,000. Man Utd and especially Liverpool had a policy of cheap tickets at the lower end. We didn't even categorise games until 2008.

Is it incorrect? Pretty obviously it's not. I don't see how it can be contradicted even, you're seen as a scruffy no mark club with ridiculously cheap tickets who's various chairman down the years slag the support off, who's identity is defined by "being near and hating Newcastle". Some mackems even admit that on your forum.

Thats what you think mate, to be honest some of these Mags that go on like Newcastle is some sort of super club are an embarrassment, I've seen stuff on here like "would you settle for being an Everton?" and also slagging off a club like Villa. Let me tell you something, Newcastle can only dream of having the history and class of both clubs I've just mentioned, historically comparing Newcastle to Everton and Villa is like comparing Stoke to fucking Arsenal.

I go to every Sunderland home game and get to as many away games as I can and I assure you we're not seen as a "scruffy no mark club with ridiculously cheap tickets".

So what if tickets are fucking cheap? Perhaps you like getting charged the earth to watch a game of football? Ridiculously cheap tickets for fucks sake, £30 isn't expensive enough is it not? What a pleb, you sound like the kind of person who wants football to move away from the working class coming out with shit like that.

When you're not blinded by hatred and ignorance you might actually recognise the fact that Sunderland AFC have a long and proud history, historically one of the most successful clubs in the country, although we haven't exactly been showered with trophies lately, football didn't begin in 1992 or after the Second World War.

We've also got a big and long suffering fanbase, perhaps you and our Chairman need to realise that. Or maybe you want to take the piss out of people who can't afford to pay extortionate prices for a season card?

Everton have won just 3 more trophies than NUFC (which is 6 more than SAFC obviously) - how many more have Arsenal won than Stoke you stupid Mackem twat?

Compare league titles, also compare the amount of time they have spent in the top flight of English football to you.

Everton are a bigger club, way bigger in fact.

Guest LeazesLad

Really?

you are so full of shit

Fuckin' hell. :lol: Thats a beauty there.

Thats what you think mate, to be honest some of these Mags that go on like Newcastle is some sort of super club are an embarrassment, I've seen stuff on here like "would you settle for being an Everton?" and also slagging off a club like Villa. Let me tell you something, Newcastle can only dream of having the history and class of both clubs I've just mentioned, historically comparing Newcastle to Everton and Villa is like comparing Stoke to fucking Arsenal.

I go to every Sunderland home game and get to as many away games as I can and I assure you we're not seen as a "scruffy no mark club with ridiculously cheap tickets".

So what if tickets are fucking cheap? Perhaps you like getting charged the earth to watch a game of football? Ridiculously cheap tickets for fucks sake, £30 isn't expensive enough is it not? What a pleb, you sound like the kind of person who wants football to move away from the working class coming out with shit like that.

When you're not blinded by hatred and ignorance you might actually recognise the fact that Sunderland AFC have a long and proud history, historically one of the most successful clubs in the country, although we haven't exactly been showered with trophies lately, football didn't begin in 1992 or after the Second World War.

We've also got a big and long suffering fanbase, perhaps you and our Chairman need to realise that. Or maybe you want to take the piss out of people who can't afford to pay extortionate prices for a season card?

You're a young lad so obviously you need to earn respect that you have half a clue, and sadly you've went the other way here.

"Newcastle can only dream of having the history and class of both clubs I've just mentioned, historically comparing Newcastle to Everton and Villa is like comparing Stoke to fucking Arsenal."

It demonstrates you're a young lad the above and that historically your emotional posts demonstrate you don't have a clue. So Arsenal have 4 more trophies than Stoke do they? You fucking idiot. Villa's history too :lol: In the 20th Century Newcastle won 11 major trophies to Aston Villa's 7. Apologise to this board for being a mug and leave please.

I don't look down my nose at Everton, they played here 20 years ago beat us 0-4 and that was one of the best teams I've ever seen, we have a bigger fanbase, but they've got a decent history, as we have. Villa though I just shake my head, and obviously Sunderland I will always look down my nose at. Nothing that anyone can say, Sunderland will do in the future or have done in the past will change my mind about that.

Edited by LeazesLad

Everton have won just 3 more trophies than NUFC (which is 6 more than SAFC obviously) - how many more have Arsenal won than Stoke you stupid Mackem twat?

Compare league titles, also compare the amount of time they have spent in the top flight of English football to you.

Everton are a bigger club, way bigger in fact.

You always have to twist it to points that Sunderland "win" on like league titles or years in the top flight - in our cases 4 vs 6 which I'd call a minimal difference and Everton's nine isn't that many more.

It's also funny to read Mackems bragging about time in the top flight given 40 years of yo-yoing.

So is comparing us to Everton like comparing Stoke to Arsenal fair or is it fucking stupid?

Quite a few people on here rate Sunderland as a bigger club than Villa.

With debates like these, opinions are massively varied. I've got more respect for Sunderland than Villa anyway, couldnt give a shit about their trophies, Villa fans are fucking mugs and would be a nothing club if they got relegated.

Yes opinions do vary, but Sunderland aren't a bigger club than Villa, if we were we'd still have our star striker... IN MY OPINION.

People need to realise that Newcastle aren't some kind of super club, you're viewed nationwide as just another club who had a spell of challenging for the title in the mid-90's. Those days won't come back anytime soon.

Guest LeazesLad
Yes opinions do vary, but Sunderland aren't a bigger club than Villa, if we were we'd still have our star striker... IN MY OPINION.

People need to realise that Newcastle aren't some kind of super club, you're viewed nationwide as just another club who had a spell of challenging for the title in the mid-90's. Those days won't come back anytime soon.

I personally don't see Villa as much different from Birmingham City, a boring midlands club who lack identity or significant fanbase, there's little more to say about them other than the fact they have by far had more draws in the Premiership than any other team highlights their drearyness.

We're viewed as an interesting club with some unique about us, demonstrated by the fact we're on live TV generally more than much better sides like Tottenham and Chelsea, so as much as you'd like to think so we're a lot more than just another club. Without doubt outside London and the North West we're the only club of any interest nationally, that's where we sit - a nemesis people have tried to work out but never can.

Course we aren't any kind of super club, but I suggest you go away and look up some history before making any kind of statement about it. Honestly, you made yourself look a bit of a tit here :lol:

Many club had a golden period, Evertons was recently the 80's. Neither NUFC or SAFC have much to shout about of late but of course we've done a hell of a lot more in recent memory. As for villa, Bent joining them doesn't make them bigger than your club man. Just because he had a hissy fit at Gyan being no 1 or as is porking fuck face's daughter. Villa are nowt of a club and not a shade on NUFC, Evertons or yes SAFC.

I personally don't see Villa as much different from Birmingham City, a boring midlands club who lack identity or significant fanbase, there's little more to say about them other than the fact they have by far had more draws in the Premiership than any other team highlights their drearyness.

We're viewed as an interesting club with some unique about us, demonstrated by the fact we're on live TV generally more than much better sides like Tottenham and Chelsea, so as much as you'd like to think so we're a lot more than just another club. Without doubt outside London and the North West we're the only club of any interest nationally, that's where we sit - a nemesis people have tried to work out but never can.

I'd also suggest that what makes NUFC an interesting club is that it is synonymous with being a Geordie. Geordies have a huge global identity. Unlike the mackems that most people outside of football haven't even heard of. Scousers are generally associated to Liverpool and Brummies could be anything.

You know yourself when out of the country how Manu times when people hear your accent they say "howay the toon" or "shearer!". We just have a big identity. Most mackems just get classed as Geordies as to the untrained ear we sound the same.