Niall Quinn Whining about his shit fans again

Happy Face

Wow, there are so many holes in that post it's unreal. :lol:

Sessegnon a bargain replacement for Bent?

Muntari unreliable?

Quinn on £1m PA?

Short close to walking?

And any club that's owner pulled with immediate effect would have to go into administration.

A tiny tiny problem blown miles out of proportion.

Sessegnon cost 25% of Bent's transfer fee

Muntari's form is inconsistent & his discipline questionable

Quinn may have taken a pay cut / had one imposed recently, but not prior to that

If Short stays until the Summer, your club will stay up this year; if he leaves in the Summer, you are Portsmouth II, though that I'll concede, is the case with many clubs & the problem with single owners.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sessegnon is not a striker, he's a winger that is replacing no one as we don't have one.

Muntari is a superb footballer, his record speaks for itself. Yes he'll pick up yellows here and there but that's part of the package, as you know with Tiote.

Quinn took a huge pay cut, granted. Can't comment on that though as I know nothing about it.

But like I said, the full thing has been blown miles out of proportion, made into a ridiculous episode by shit papers like Metro & The Sun spouting way off the mark bollocks without any quotes or evidence.

Sessegnon is not a striker, he's a winger that is replacing no one as we don't have one.

Muntari is a superb footballer, his record speaks for itself. Yes he'll pick up yellows here and there but that's part of the package, as you know with Tiote.

Quinn took a huge pay cut, granted. Can't comment on that though as I know nothing about it.

But like I said, the full thing has been blown miles out of proportion, made into a ridiculous episode by shit papers like Metro & The Sun spouting way off the mark bollocks without any quotes or evidence.

Ok, so if Sessegnon isn't a striker and you're down to Gyan, with Campbell & Welbeck both out injured, as well as Healy & Waghorn out the door, then that to me looks like the tactics of a business that is scaling back its operation, but relying on enough points accrued at this stage of the season to stay up. Not exactly high risk tactics as 37 points, despite the 3/12 and 0/9 returns since Bent left. The question is whether this is a temporary position or a sign of permanent retrenchment. As you're clearly a glass half full kind of person, I'll take it you're optimistic that Bent quality replacement(s) will ocme in during the summer and that, say Gyan, will not be sold.

Muntari didn't let the grass grow long at Pompey and had a few fallings out at Inter, but he is undoubtedly a class player. Incidentally, was the Stoke or spurs winner his foul was indirectly responsible for?

Yes, Quinn took a huge pay cut, which was something like 40% of the £1.8m shortfall in your gate receipts. As I say, as you're a glass half full kind of person, I'm sure you're convinced it will all come right in the summer.

Ok, so if Sessegnon isn't a striker and you're down to Gyan, with Campbell & Welbeck both out injured, as well as Healy & Waghorn out the door, then that to me looks like the tactics of a business that is scaling back its operation, but relying on enough points accrued at this stage of the season to stay up. Not exactly high risk tactics as 37 points, despite the 3/12 and 0/9 returns since Bent left. The question is whether this is a temporary position or a sign of permanent retrenchment. As you're clearly a glass half full kind of person, I'll take it you're optimistic that Bent quality replacement(s) will ocme in during the summer and that, say Gyan, will not be sold.

Muntari didn't let the grass grow long at Pompey and had a few fallings out at Inter, but he is undoubtedly a class player. Incidentally, was the Stoke or spurs winner his foul was indirectly responsible for?

Yes, Quinn took a huge pay cut, which was something like 40% of the £1.8m shortfall in your gate receipts. As I say, as you're a glass half full kind of person, I'm sure you're convinced it will all come right in the summer.

Star striker sold and not reinvested - check

Relying on current points total to stay up - check

Fans worried about remaining star players being sold - check

Wealthy owner not wanting to subsidise further losses - check

Club would go into administration if owner demands money back - check

I understand you want to take the piss but fuck me you could be talking about NUFC. Except their owner isn't a fat know-nowt cock end who's made a balls of things along with his seedy cock end of an accomplice. I'd rather have Quinn over Llambias any day.

I think their attendance is a bit of an embarrassment but I don't know what you gain by slagging your own fans off in the press. If they'd had our owner over the last few years their place would be empty by now.

Kitman, I think you'll find in my initial post I said that for the purpose of my debate on this topic I would not be directly comparing the two clubs, not least because comparisons are odious, but mainly because it appears almost impossible to have rational debate without point scoring / mud slinging and so on from both camps. Whoever termed Newcastle & sunderland as the secular old firm was right on the money. I was talk to an old chum of mine today, turned 50 last December, lifelong Mag, 15 aways a season, who started work in sunderland the day after Owen's double in the 2-0 in April 2008 & he still says the ones he deals with on a daily basis prefer our defeats to their wins, but that's a by the by anecdote.

As far as Newcastle are concerned, I would say that the essential difference is that there an element of fans who are far less deferential in their attitude to the club hierarchy than the sunderland ones. Yes Ashley has failed, but sadly so has NUST. What Newcastle fans have is a sense of realism; I'd like this to be translated in to a desire to take on Ashley and bring about regime change, but I'm not holding my breath, sadly.

Kitman, I think you'll find in my initial post I said that for the purpose of my debate on this topic I would not be directly comparing the two clubs, not least because comparisons are odious, but mainly because it appears almost impossible to have rational debate without point scoring / mud slinging and so on from both camps. Whoever termed Newcastle & sunderland as the secular old firm was right on the money. I was talk to an old chum of mine today, turned 50 last December, lifelong Mag, 15 aways a season, who started work in sunderland the day after Owen's double in the 2-0 in April 2008 & he still says the ones he deals with on a daily basis prefer our defeats to their wins, but that's a by the by anecdote.

As far as Newcastle are concerned, I would say that the essential difference is that there an element of fans who are far less deferential in their attitude to the club hierarchy than the sunderland ones. Yes Ashley has failed, but sadly so has NUST. What Newcastle fans have is a sense of realism; I'd like this to be translated in to a desire to take on Ashley and bring about regime change, but I'm not holding my breath, sadly.

Fair enough. I do think it's likely that we'll have more stayaways next season if Ashley doesn't tip the Carroll money into the transfer pot. That's more of a silent protest than taking on Ashley though.

Fair enough. I do think it's likely that we'll have more stayaways next season if Ashley doesn't tip the Carroll money into the transfer pot. That's more of a silent protest than taking on Ashley though.

Ashley will do the same as always, leak stories to the press about a big named signing or 2 and the season tickets will sell. Only to see nobody in.

Not a go at NUFC or the fans but he has a habit of doing it.

Ashley will do the same as always, leak stories to the press about a big named signing or 2 and the season tickets will sell. Only to see nobody in.

Errant nonsense, unless you fail to grasp what last summer's comment of "no capital outlay" actually means.

Pure fiction again. It's as if mackems don't even realise they're doing it

:lol:

I can't remember when Ashley even hinted about spending money tbh :lol:

KK summer, didn't we have a "super signing" coming in that turned out to be Colo?

Muntari only spent one season at Portsmouth - can you blame him? Inter came in for him. If Inter came in for Tiote at the end of this season, I don't think I'd blame him for wanting to be off, and it wouldn't make him a mercenary or unreliable.

Classic Mag moron.

The reason we have not reinvested the money made off the Bent deal on a striker is because there were only about 10 days left in the transfer window, the club were clearly as shocked about what happened as anyone. We didn't have time to line a decent replacement up, I'd rather the club waited until the Summer and evaluated all our transfer targets and not rush into anything. We're not as fucking thick and stupid as Newcastle, panic-buy should have been your clubs middle name in seasons gone by. Contrary to what you think, we've not targeted a place in Europe this season, our ambition at the start of the campaign was a top ten finish and anything more will have been a bonus. We should comfortably meet our objective come May.

The rest of your points are so unrealistic and ridiculous they don't even deserve a fucking answer. Wealthy owner not wanting to subsidise further losses? :lol: You met him like? He outlined his escape plan to you? What a fucking spacker.

Classic Mag moron.

The reason we have not reinvested the money made off the Bent deal on a striker is because there were only about 10 days left in the transfer window, the club were clearly as shocked about what happened as anyone. We didn't have time to line a decent replacement up, I'd rather the club waited until the Summer and evaluated all our transfer targets and not rush into anything. We're not as fucking thick and stupid as Newcastle, panic-buy should have been your clubs middle name in seasons gone by. Contrary to what you think, we've not targeted a place in Europe this season, our ambition at the start of the campaign was a top ten finish and anything more will have been a bonus. We should comfortably meet our objective come May.

The rest of your points are so unrealistic and ridiculous they don't even deserve a fucking answer. Wealthy owner not wanting to subsidise further losses? :lol: You met him like? He outlined his escape plan to you? What a fucking spacker.

1. If the Bent deal was concluded in approximately 2 days, why wasn't 10 days long enough to find a replacement?

2. Would you not agree that since Ashley has arrived, panic selling is more the Newcastle way than panic buying?

3. Consequently, why focus on Newcastle's policy when it is your club's under discussion, unless you wish to employ diversionary tactics that create more heat than light and take attention away from the parlous financial position of your club and the unpopular decisions that are being made to keep you afloat?

4. Would you say spending 82% of turnover on wages is a sensible, or indeed defensible policy for a club that has ambitions to finish between 7th and 10th, especially if that club is making a £30m loss per annum?

5. I've not met Ellis Short, but I've met Niall Quinn at a sunderland Sure Start / Aim Higher Awards Evening at the Raich Carter Centre in Hendon. This was in 2002, just after he'd quit playing and just before he walked out on the coaching role he'd been given.

Take your time answering points 1-4; I'd like to read your answers.

No need to use words such as the final one in your post though. Keep it clean. Keep it civilised.

1. If the Bent deal was concluded in approximately 2 days, why wasn't 10 days long enough to find a replacement?

2. Would you not agree that since Ashley has arrived, panic selling is more the Newcastle way than panic buying?

3. Consequently, why focus on Newcastle's policy when it is your club's under discussion, unless you wish to employ diversionary tactics that create more heat than light and take attention away from the parlous financial position of your club and the unpopular decisions that are being made to keep you afloat?

4. Would you say spending 82% of turnover on wages is a sensible, or indeed defensible policy for a club that has ambitions to finish between 7th and 10th, especially if that club is making a £30m loss per annum?

5. I've not met Ellis Short, but I've met Niall Quinn at a sunderland Sure Start / Aim Higher Awards Evening at the Raich Carter Centre in Hendon. This was in 2002, just after he'd quit playing and just before he walked out on the coaching role he'd been given.

Take your time answering points 1-4; I'd like to read your answers.

No need to use words such as the final one in your post though. Keep it clean. Keep it civilised.

Very nice :lol:

Rhys while you're on - do you think Quinn will be there at the start of next season ?

Personally I think while he's set for a final valiant push at getting bums on seats (tantamount to a whip-round rather than an atmosphere issue) I think he may stand down after getting Short onboard on the premise of a huge support/crowd that hasn't quite materialised for whatever reason? I know folks' personal financial circumstances come into this given 'current times' (I'm a victim of the construction industry myself so know what its like) Its a genuine question I ask - just interested in Sunlnd fans' take on the Quinn situation ? . .

We're not hearing much from Rhys; hopefully he's using this time wisely to reflect on the rashness of his intemperate vocabulary last time out.

clearly I don't know the boy, but I'd wager he has pinned his entire belief in Quinn on the desperately unlikely scenario of Quinn staying, Short investing & some decent players being signed.

It does not look good for the red and whites, no matter how anyone dresses it up.

Edited by Gene_Clark

Well for me it's the 82% of turnover on wages that really stands out, even more than the £26m a year loss. The £26m shortfall is a one year thing that can be addressed by selling a prize asset (Bent), but 82% on current income (with a fairly obvious downturn in corporate and match day income to come, as Quinn's high rise strategy seems doomed to failure, resulting in that 82% getting worse) is unhealthy, unsustainable and a recipe for disaster.

They have two choices; either beg Short to keep firing money at it in an attempt to spend their way out of trouble (Keynesian economics they called when I was doing my A Levels at Gateshead Tech thirty years back), or tighten the belts in an incredible attempt at breaking even (Monetarism as they called it when I was doing my A Levels at Gateshead Tech thirty years back). If it's the former, Short needs cojones of reinforced steel & the ability to wave farewell to £200m in the next couple of years if he wants to stand still unless the current squad's contracts are up for renewal. If it's the latter, the mackems need to hope that they can finish 17th or better for the next few years, with a presumably vastly reduced squad with all high wage earners sold and the money used to service debts.

Any resemblance to FFS in scenario 1 & FCB in scenario 2 is purely coincidental, but informative.

Football's a cruel mistress. Some may say it's a sick beast. I think there has to be a factoring in of the 'Sky money' (or rather the realistically possible massive reduction thereof) that I think will sharply vamoose after the 'hooky tv' final ruling come summer? The whole landscape's gonna change radically and it's gonna be littered with carcasses unfortunately.

Football's a cruel mistress. Some may say it's a sick beast. I think there has to be a factoring in of the 'Sky money' (or rather the realistically possible massive reduction thereof) that I think will sharply vamoose after the 'hooky tv' final ruling come summer? The whole landscape's gonna change radically and it's gonna be littered with carcasses unfortunately.

And, whilst we brace ourselves for the inevitable sales of Jose Enrique & Tiote and the possible departures of Colo, Gutierrez and Barton, is why I have to say (through gritted teeth) that FCB's slash & burn policies have made Newcastle United a far safer & more sustainable entity than it used to be.

Providing we stay up (and I think that's a better than even bet), then the sale of quality players with potentially good ones brought in, or developed, to be sold at a vast profit, will keep Newcastle in decent shape for the foreseeable future.

And, whilst we brace ourselves for the inevitable sales of Jose Enrique & Tiote and the possible departures of Colo, Gutierrez and Barton, is why I have to say (through gritted teeth) that FCB's slash & burn policies have made Newcastle United a far safer & more sustainable entity than it used to be.

Providing we stay up (and I think that's a better than even bet), then the sale of quality players with potentially good ones brought in, or developed, to be sold at a vast profit, will keep Newcastle in decent shape for the foreseeable future.

I'm sure that along with some of his strokes there's a thread of foresight with him. Michael 'aparent oxymoron' Ashley'.