Niall Quinn Whining about his shit fans again

Happy Face

Sessegnon is not a striker, he's a winger that is replacing no one as we don't have one.

Muntari is a superb footballer, his record speaks for itself. Yes he'll pick up yellows here and there but that's part of the package, as you know with Tiote.

Quinn took a huge pay cut, granted. Can't comment on that though as I know nothing about it.

But like I said, the full thing has been blown miles out of proportion, made into a ridiculous episode by shit papers like Metro & The Sun spouting way off the mark bollocks without any quotes or evidence.

Ok, so if Sessegnon isn't a striker and you're down to Gyan, with Campbell & Welbeck both out injured, as well as Healy & Waghorn out the door, then that to me looks like the tactics of a business that is scaling back its operation, but relying on enough points accrued at this stage of the season to stay up. Not exactly high risk tactics as 37 points, despite the 3/12 and 0/9 returns since Bent left. The question is whether this is a temporary position or a sign of permanent retrenchment. As you're clearly a glass half full kind of person, I'll take it you're optimistic that Bent quality replacement(s) will ocme in during the summer and that, say Gyan, will not be sold.

Muntari didn't let the grass grow long at Pompey and had a few fallings out at Inter, but he is undoubtedly a class player. Incidentally, was the Stoke or spurs winner his foul was indirectly responsible for?

Yes, Quinn took a huge pay cut, which was something like 40% of the £1.8m shortfall in your gate receipts. As I say, as you're a glass half full kind of person, I'm sure you're convinced it will all come right in the summer.

Star striker sold and not reinvested - check

Relying on current points total to stay up - check

Fans worried about remaining star players being sold - check

Wealthy owner not wanting to subsidise further losses - check

Club would go into administration if owner demands money back - check

Classic Mag moron.

The reason we have not reinvested the money made off the Bent deal on a striker is because there were only about 10 days left in the transfer window, the club were clearly as shocked about what happened as anyone. We didn't have time to line a decent replacement up, I'd rather the club waited until the Summer and evaluated all our transfer targets and not rush into anything. We're not as fucking thick and stupid as Newcastle, panic-buy should have been your clubs middle name in seasons gone by. Contrary to what you think, we've not targeted a place in Europe this season, our ambition at the start of the campaign was a top ten finish and anything more will have been a bonus. We should comfortably meet our objective come May.

The rest of your points are so unrealistic and ridiculous they don't even deserve a fucking answer. Wealthy owner not wanting to subsidise further losses? :o You met him like? He outlined his escape plan to you? What a fucking spacker.

1. If the Bent deal was concluded in approximately 2 days, why wasn't 10 days long enough to find a replacement?

2. Would you not agree that since Ashley has arrived, panic selling is more the Newcastle way than panic buying?

3. Consequently, why focus on Newcastle's policy when it is your club's under discussion, unless you wish to employ diversionary tactics that create more heat than light and take attention away from the parlous financial position of your club and the unpopular decisions that are being made to keep you afloat?

4. Would you say spending 82% of turnover on wages is a sensible, or indeed defensible policy for a club that has ambitions to finish between 7th and 10th, especially if that club is making a £30m loss per annum?

5. I've not met Ellis Short, but I've met Niall Quinn at a sunderland Sure Start / Aim Higher Awards Evening at the Raich Carter Centre in Hendon. This was in 2002, just after he'd quit playing and just before he walked out on the coaching role he'd been given.

Take your time answering points 1-4; I'd like to read your answers.

No need to use words such as the final one in your post though. Keep it clean. Keep it civilised.

1. Name me a striker who was available at a decent price and who would have been of equal or better quality than Bent in the last ten days of the transfer window? Looking at the prices being bandied about, £35M+ for a one dimensional thug and £50M for Torres, I'm glad the club didn't rush into anything and spent respectably on an excellent player in Sessegnon.

2. In the last year or so yeah, however when Ashley came to the club you spent a lot of money, particularly under Allardyce, the signing of Xisco for £6M and £60K per week was a good one. :(

3. Because its ironic you're having a go at Sunderland whose financial position you don't have a clue about when your club has been run like a side street brothel for god knows how long. If you actually look at Sunderland's financial state I'm sure you'll be (unpleasantly) surprised. Mr Short has capitalised the clubs debt (around £40M) meaning it is now effectively his debt. Only three clubs in the Premier League have done this, Manchester City, Chelsea and Sunderland. We're in a very strong financial position, do you really think if we weren't we'd have pushed through the signings of Sessegnon and Muntari?

4. If you have a look around the Premier League there are many clubs spending around the same percentage of their turnover on wages. We however, are owned by a man who has a personal fortune of close to £2 Billion. If you look at Aston Villa last Summer they also made a loss of around £30M, they however are also backed by a billionaire American. Consequently they have just went and spent £24M + add ons on Darren Bent, they'll post a similar if not higher loss this Summer.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I stopped reading after "one dimensional thug". Carroll is a twat for leaving, but anyone who watched him could see his worth in a side. His work rate was top class. Far from one dimensional. The fee was mental but that was only because of Chelsea paying what they did for Torres.

1. Name me a striker who was available at a decent price and who would have been of equal or better quality than Bent in the last ten days of the transfer window? Looking at the prices being bandied about, £35M+ for a one dimensional thug and £50M for Torres, I'm glad the club didn't rush into anything and spent respectably on an excellent player in Sessegnon.

2. In the last year or so yeah, however when Ashley came to the club you spent a lot of money, particularly under Allardyce, the signing of Xisco for £6M and £60K per week was a good one. :o

3. Because its ironic you're having a go at Sunderland whose financial position you don't have a clue about when your club has been run like a side street brothel for god knows how long. If you actually look at Sunderland's financial state I'm sure you'll be (unpleasantly) surprised. Mr Short has capitalised the clubs debt (around £40M) meaning it is now effectively his debt. Only three clubs in the Premier League have done this, Manchester City, Chelsea and Sunderland. We're in a very strong financial position, do you really think if we weren't we'd have pushed through the signings of Sessegnon and Muntari?

4. If you have a look around the Premier League there are many clubs spending around the same percentage of their turnover on wages. We however, are owned by a man who has a personal fortune of close to £2 Billion. If you look at Aston Villa last Summer they also made a loss of around £30M, they however are also backed by a billionaire American. Consequently they have just went and spent £24M + add ons on Darren Bent, they'll post a similar if not higher loss this Summer.

1. I do tend to think Torres is a better striker than Bent, and that Carroll will almost certainly become one. Why didn't you try and sign Carroll to try and improve him, if your club is so cash rich? Sessegnon may be an excellent player, but I don't understand why you needed to sign someone to create rather than take chances. I would have thought Emile Heskey would have been a good signing for you; similar to Bent, but with better control and a good relationship with Bruce. Worth a punt at £4m surely?

2. Did Allardyce sign Xisco?

3. For £1 I was able to purchase sunderland's accounts on line; they're in Adobe so they can't be doctored for mischievous purposes. They say clearly enough the club made a loss of £26m in 2009/2010; that is a fact. They also state that 82% of income is spent on wages; that is a fact. Neither of those facts have anything to do with Newcastle United or any other football club; they relate specifically to sunderland and sunderland only. Pushing through a loan signing of Muntari, when all sunderland are paying are his out of pocket expenses and bonuses isn't a very good example of a club "pushing on." Financially, sunderland are in a very weak position and I'd be furious with Quinn and his abject attempts to grow the supporter base or corporate model.

4. There may be clubs who are spending as much on wages as sunderland, but I don't hear any other clubs having a chief executive constantly ranting & raving at an increasingly fragmented and disenchanted supporter base, announcing he despises them for not attending games. Certainly Man City, Chelsea and Villa aren't doing this. Can you explain why?

As I say, the accounts are available on line and the figures speak for themselves; £26m loss in 09/10 & 82% of turnover on wages. Even more crucially, Niall Quinn is relentless speaking to the sunderland fan base about the financial problems the club is facing. Now, why might that be?

http://www.safc.com/news/20110225/walton-s...2256213_2301215

Now, unless you know more than the man who actually manages our finances, please shut the fuck up.

All well and good until you see the part where it says he's a lifelong sunderland fan. That means he's fatally ocmpromised, especially as a club employee he'd be summarily dismissed if he said anything negative about his employers; standard corporate contract.

Incidentally, no need to swear, or to use the reprehensible term you did last night. However, as you're a mere boy, I'll give you a free pass on your intemperate language, if not on your witless naivete.

Now, unless you know more than the man who actually manages our finances, please shut the fuck up.

All well and good until you see the part where it says he's a lifelong sunderland fan. That means he's fatally ocmpromised, especially as a club employee he'd be summarily dismissed if he said anything negative about his employers; standard corporate contract.

Incidentally, no need to swear, or to use the reprehensible term you did last night. However, as you're a mere boy, I'll give you a free pass on your intemperate language, if not on your witless naivete.

Lovely stuff. You don't need a post-graduate degree to post on toontastic, but it helps.

You get your £5 referral fee for this lad, Monkeys Fist. :o

:o Ice burn

Lovely stuff. You don't need a post-graduate degree to post on toontastic, but it helps.

You get your £5 referral fee for this lad, Monkeys Fist. :o

I do know "Gene", but his signing up here and bringing our unwashed members crashing back to reality were nowt to do with me :(

I'll have your Fiver though Sammy

Unlike you, I have no reason to take statements that come out of my club with a pinch of salt. We aren't ran by a comedy Cockney rabble. I (and every other Sunderland fan) have full and complete trust in how Sunderland is being run. Stability is the key and with Bruce signing a new long term contract yesterday I couldn't be happier really. As you cleverly pointed out, Walton is a Sunderland fan. You for some reason thought this was a bad thing, I however, am thankful we have people who genuinely care about the club in charge, it means they will not make stupid decisions and gamble with our future.

Just enjoy being ran by fatso and let us get on with it.

Edited by Rhys1879SAFC

I (and every other Sunderland fan) have full and complete trust in how Sunderland is being run.

The Devils greatest trick was convincing the world he doesn't exist & if the ''faith'' is so strong why does Quinn have to beg fans to come to the match? Surely the ''faith'' & cheap tickets is enough.

Unlike you, I have no reason to take statements that come out of my club with a pinch of salt. We aren't ran by a comedy Cockney rabble. I (and every other Sunderland fan) have full and complete trust in how Sunderland is being run. Stability is the key and with Bruce signing a new long term contract yesterday I couldn't be happier really. As you cleverly pointed out, Walton is a Sunderland fan. You for some reason thought this was a bad thing, I however, am thankful we have people who genuinely care about the club in charge, it means they will not make stupid decisions and gamble with our future.

Really?

I pointed out that Walton is contractually obliged not to say anything negative about his employers, a point you failed to grasp.

Don't you think spending 82% of your income of player wages is a trifle dangerous? I'd say this is gambling with the very future existence of your club.

As I said though, if you wish to ignore the danger signs, so be it, but don't say you were not warned when the whole edifice comes crashing down.

Really?

I pointed out that Walton is contractually obliged not to say anything negative about his employers, a point you failed to grasp.

Don't you think spending 82% of your income of player wages is a trifle dangerous? I'd say this is gambling with the very future existence of your club.

As I said though, if you wish to ignore the danger signs, so be it, but don't say you were not warned when the whole edifice comes crashing down.

:o You're either on a wind-up or just very thick, read the article and all your "points" get shown up for what they are... inane ramblings.

Really?

:( You're either on a wind-up or just very thick, read the article and all your "points" get shown up for what they are... inane ramblings.

So, where is the truth? The published accounts or the article on sunderland's website?

False accounting is fraud; you're not suggesting the club filed false accounts are you?

• 2 weeks later...

Sunlun get better and better.

Quinny talk in last night, the Chief Exec makes some Munich air disaster joke and Quinny's off to London to lobby for tax breaks for footballers/football so they can reduce ticket prices.

Unbelievable !!!

Trying to get fans back to football by suggesting players get a tax break ! ?

The bloke's clearly been on the Guiness.

A big majority of folk have turned their back on attending due to the absurd wages/money in the game generally so how the Brains Trust think they're gonna come flocking back proposing these out of touch berks do even better out of it I'll never know !

Instead of bemusedly clutching at straws and off tugging the sleeves of Parliament he wants to be looking inward to football itself to regulate the spiralling money nonsense (not that that's gonna happen either like)

If y mean get chairmen onboard to collectively lobby Parliament it would be an even bigger og for football ! Its the most out of touch thing he's come up with yet. Be working on a recipie for dry water next man :lol:

Yet? What else has he came out with?

If y mean get chairmen onboard to collectively lobby Parliament it would be an even bigger og for football ! Its the most out of touch thing he's come up with yet. Be working on a recipie for dry water next man :lol:

Yet? What else has he came out with?

Having a go for folk not attending obviously

• 5 weeks later...

Apparently a fan is suing them over being hit by a stray ball during a training session. Couldn't make it up.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-13004471

Sunderland are being sued by a fan who was injured while watching the team train, the chairman has revealed.

Niall Quinn was responding to a question during a BBC Radio Newcastle phone-in about whether fans were still allowed to watch training sessions.

He said that legal action was ongoing after the supporter was knocked out by a stray shot.

The Premier League club has declined to release further details about the incident.

Niall Quinn said: "We had a supporter who got a bad injury,

"I think it was one of Djibril Cisse's misses where he had a shot from 20 yards.

"I'm making fun of it now, but it knocked a supporter out. It was quite serious.

"That supporter is in the process of suing us right now."