Five Famous people who went to you school

Guest LeazesLad

Steve 'Pat Butcher' Bruce

Lee Clark

There was a lad called Tony Dinning who didn't make it at NUFC but who played for Stockport (I think.) Thats about it, to be honest. (That I know of).

I've played football with his brother before and my Dad knows his Dad pretty well from their playing days too. He did go to Stockport and he went to a few other clubs after that. He had a reasonable career. I think he was at Wigan for a while when they were in the lower leagues.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steve 'Pat Butcher' Bruce

Lee Clark

There was a lad called Tony Dinning who didn't make it at NUFC but who played for Stockport (I think.) Thats about it, to be honest. (That I know of).

I've played football with his brother before and my Dad knows his Dad pretty well from their playing days too. He did go to Stockport and he went to a few other clubs after that. He had a reasonable career. I think he was at Wigan for a while when they were in the lower leagues.

Stockport was the only one I could think of, I knew he'd been elsewhere. I've played against Steve Watson and Robbie Elliott when I was younger, played against Tony as well no doubt.

No footballers, went to a rugby school....various semi famous Scotland & British Lions players went there...

Brian Redpath, head coach at Gloucester

Alan Tait, head coach at Newcastle Falcons...went to rugby league whilst working as a roof tiler in 1987 having appeared at the first rugby world cup, then came back to union in the mid nineties and scored the winning try in the series winning second test in South Africa in 1997. No one else has acheived that as far as I know, he's a bit of a rugby ledge.

John Jeffrey, from the same village as me

and Justin Molotnikov,little known film director...cine buffs may have seen his feature "crying with laughter" from a couple of years back, or more than likely not : http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1098790/

Whoever said Clapton wins, unless Rob W was at school with his alter ego, God :lol:

Just checked. Yep I can see what you mean. The place where they did film it is only about 15 miles from where I work.

You work in the Buckinghamshire area? :lol: I didnt realise that. We have friends in High Wycombe.

Just checked. Yep I can see what you mean. The place where they did film it is only about 15 miles from where I work.

You work in the Buckinghamshire area? :lol: I didnt realise that. We have friends in High Wycombe.

Work just outside of Watford. It's a shit hole.

oh :lol: Not as nice as Marlow then I take it?!

Like comparing Newcastle with Sunderland.

Like comparing Newcastle with Sunderland.

......And Torquay with Exeter :lol:

unforunetly i never went to school with anyone famous :lol:

that's not the question. the question is, has anyone who is now famous study at your school?

Jonathan Woogate.

Me

erm...

Liam Plunkett and Steve Gibson!

Didn't Chris Kamara used to sit next to him in school? You can have him. Bono is the most famous so far, Bono or Sting.

Chris Kamara's niece was in my year so it's possible.

Lee Clark

St*ve Br*ce

Lee Hall - (wrote Billy Elliott)

There was a lad in my year was in Byker Grove (he was in PJ and Duncan's band) - he got suspended for drawing a picture of two of maths teachers bumming (He was a canny artist).

Can't think of any ore off hand, though there have been a few other footballers who were at NUFC but were released and played in the lower and non leagues.

The lass who married Evan Dando as well (and she was at my 18th). Not that famous but I think she qualifies after looking at Fish's list.