How come?

peasepud

stating how much effort was put in today?

As far as Im concerned we worked our arses off today, battled for every ball and really rattled the Arse.

66583[/snapback]

am agreeing with you there mate !!! :lol: I was late for me Maximo Park gig due to the extra five minutes !!

I was well impressed today like. Thought everyone worked really hard and thoroughly deserved to win.

66605[/snapback]

Aye, but what did you think of Shola? :lol:

Yep, every player certainly played their part. It would just be nice if they could all muck in more often. Special mention to Scott Parker, god knows why Ledley King gets his place ahead of him in the England squad because he's truly a class act.

In fairness I thought tonight was a top notch, out of the bag special. It's a shame we can't do it more often. But that bitching aside i think most of them deseve a pat on the back. Still our central two insist on giving people a chance. But it was a good result.

Parker put himself abaout, it was quite literally blood, sweat and tears from him, the making of a cult hero there.

i think alot of the players took the game by the scruff by their own authority, which has to happen more often if Souness in charge.

We did well today and everyone played their part.  The effort was unbelievable from all of them.  Special mention to Faye and Shola, for being so much better than they normally are.

66591[/snapback]

Aye, credit where credit's due like. Everyone stepped up a couple of notches today, except Shola and Faye who had to step up and additional notch or so to match the others. They did that and we benefitted. Some of Shola's efforts down the left wing showed he can look like he can be arsed! He was out of position yet he got stuck in and was positive.

Faye didn't pull out of tackles or look weedy and ineffectual yesterday. He put in a spirited and commited performance and help to break down the calm and collected (and highly frustrating for the opposition) passing footbal Wengers man played in the first half.

Scott Parker - above the call of duty??? That man is fast becoming my new Toon hero. :lol:

Edited by maggiespaws

I wonder how many 'Souness out' threads would have spawned if we had been beaten?

66588[/snapback]

Lose games and the manager goes. Win games and he doesn't. Common sense to me.

Still don't see him lasting the season but yesterday was a good show. As was the performance down their place at the start of the season. I've said it on another thread but we need to play like that against the mediocre and the shite. Not just the big teams.

Yesterday was a good day. Ower the moon.

I wonder how many 'Souness out' threads would have spawned if we had been beaten?

66588[/snapback]

Lose games and the manager goes. Win games and he doesn't. Common sense to me.

Still don't see him lasting the season but yesterday was a good show. As was the performance down their place at the start of the season. I've said it on another thread but we need to play like that against the mediocre and the shite. Not just the big teams.

Yesterday was a good day. Ower the moon.

66670[/snapback]

Arsenal are a mediocre team at the moment. Before yesterday, they had lost 4 out of 7 away games. It'll be interesting to see what we get against West Ham. Then Liverpool away will be the real test. I'll be surprised if we get more than a point from those two.

Michael Owen will have to do something spectacular to score against his old club. Carragher and Hyypia are holding them together superbly, and the team will be screwed if one of them gets injured (that means Traore playing at centre-back presumably). Not fogetting Reina's a great shotstopper.

But yeah if the team can put in a spirited performance as they did in the second half every day I'd be very pleased. The team should be on a high so now's not the time to sack Souness.

Aye, but what did you think of Shola?  :lol:

66609[/snapback]

I was even more impressed with him than I was with most!

As usual some of the fellas around me were giving stick but I thought he put in a great performance and battled well.

Ameobi the Peter Crouch-type figure in the midfield.

He has decent control of the ball and strong upper-body, but a lack of talent overall and those long legs don't help him when dribbling.

Shouldn't clap referees for sending players off either.

He has decent control of the ball and strong upper-body, but a lack of talent overall and those long legs don't help him when dribbling.

66728[/snapback]

Seriously now. He traps the ball farther than most passes. His ball skills are appalling but he does serve as an undeniable annoyance to a side. Thankfully the side he was an annoyance to yesterday wasn't his own. Yes he did step up the level of his game yesterday, but that still didn't stop me from yelling at the TV for him to "Get out of the way you f*cking donkey! Just give the ball to an arse player why don't you?" :lol:

66728[/snapback]

Seriously now. He traps the ball farther than most passes. His ball skills are appalling but he does serve as an undeniable annoyance to a side. Thankfully the side he was an annoyance to yesterday wasn't his own. Yes he did step up the level of his game yesterday, but that still didn't stop me from yelling at the TV for him to "Get out of the way you f*cking donkey! Just give the ball to an arse player why don't you?" :lol:

66741[/snapback]

My friend's work are sponsoring a donkey in the third world and are allowed to give him a name. I suggested Shola.

Guest Toplass-101

Walking past the Theatre Royal after game, there was a Shetland pony by the stage door entrance, all dressed up ready to pull Cinderella's carriage to the ball.

Two lads walking behind us:

lad 1... "aah look, a donkey"

lad 2... "aye, must be for the nativity"

lad 1... "bet he's called Shola"

66728[/snapback]

66741[/snapback]

Oops, I admit I was being kind about his ball control, but on his day he shows he can use his feet well, and dribble past defenders, but his annoying legs and lack of pace seriously let him down.

yesterday was a good performance, against an Arsenal side who are also not the team they were a short while ago.

It is however no different to some of the cup games last year ie Chelsea, Spurs and Olympiakos. It's only one game, we all know one game changes nothing.

Having said that, it went cap in hand with Alan Shearer playing like the Shearer of old, a significant factor, it reminds you how great he was, and how our fortunes have been linked over the years to his fitness and now, his age.

Ameobi the Peter Crouch-type figure in the midfield.

Shouldn't clap referees for sending players off either.

66728[/snapback]

Jesus wept!

:lol:

At the risk of being unpopular, if we're going to play like that and crowd are going to enjoy it, let's do it properly and get Sam Allardyce.

It saddened me a little because Arsenal were trying to play football, we haven't got the players to do that anymore.

Still, we won :lol:

At the risk of being unpopular, if we're going to play like that and crowd are going to enjoy it, let's do it properly and get Sam Allardyce.

It saddened me a little because Arsenal were trying to play football, we haven't got the players to do that anymore.

Still, we won  :lol:

66960[/snapback]

There's not many teams can play Arsenal at their own game and beat them, to be fair, even if we did have the players. And nothing about Saturday saddened me. :lol:

stating how much effort was put in today?

As far as Im concerned we worked our arses off today, battled for every ball and really rattled the Arse.

66583[/snapback]

Aye you couldn't fault anyone for their effort on Saturday, Faye inparticular, he had a great game yet the likes of the News of The World rated his performance as 5 out of 10? You've got to wonder do the reporters actually watch the games?