"One Ryan Taylor"

loonyTOON

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably been mentioned elsewhere but it's a joke Cabaye gets a 3 match ban whereas Warnock (I'm guessing) gets off scot-free for his challenge on Taylor. Even if he was going for the ball it's still a reckless challenge.

The whole thing is bollocks. That was a shocking challenge and the BBC didnt even mention it, you could just see it to the side of the picture when we scored. Same old.

It was right in front of me but all eyes were on the Ba, so I only caught it in my peripheral vision I'd thought he'd gone in two footed, but the replay shows he had one leg trailing rather than studs up on both. Still fucking manky either way though.

The whole thing is bollocks. That was a shocking challenge and the BBC didnt even mention it, you could just see it to the side of the picture when we scored. Same old.

Aye. He was fucking stretchered off with his leg in a splint and it got absolutely no mention whatsoever in the coverage beyond that he'd been taken off. They didn't even show the replay of it.

Probably been mentioned elsewhere but it's a joke Cabaye gets a 3 match ban whereas Warnock (I'm guessing) gets off scot-free for his challenge on Taylor. Even if he was going for the ball it's still a reckless challenge.

Someone phoned in 606 last night saying the same thing and Alan Green said the media play a large part in it by how much attention they bring to incidents, going by nothing being made of it I expect Warnock to be let off.

Tbh, although he came off worse the nutting of Taylor's head was reckless. Thought at the time it was a dodgy challenge on Best (which injured him) too.

Someone phoned in 606 last night saying the same thing and Alan Green said the media play a large part in it by how much attention they bring to incidents, going by nothing being made of it I expect Warnock to be let off.

we all know that already though don't we, its one of the reasons by football coverage being quite shit is such a problem

Warnock puts two players out of action with reckless challenges, nothing said. Cabaye cuts some cloggers lip who'd been hacking everyone all afternoon, 3-match ban. Its a fucking disgrace, if i'd been Pardew yesterday i'd have said 'i'd like that Ray Stubbs off ESPN to review Warnock's game today and provide a comment'. Of course he cant, as thats totally disrespectful to Villa & Warnock.

The reason Cabaye gets banned is because no one knows him (no 'big mates' in the media) and because everyone saw his challenge in the Liverpool game, its a fucking joke.

The Best one was very unfortunate on our part. Was a quality defensive block.

Warnock was all over the place though, seemed intent on injuring himself the way he was flying into the back of people's heads or throwing his body into ad boards.

• 1 month later...

Has signed a new two year extension to his contract.

The 27-year-old, who can play in a variety of roles across defence and midfield, will now remain at the Sports Direct Arena until 30th June, 2015.

Taylor arrived on Tyneside in February 2009 from Wigan Athletic and made ten appearances as the Magpies were relegated from the Premier League.

The Liverpudlian played a key role in getting Newcastle back into the top flight at the first attempt, but his 2010/11 campaign was disrupted by injury and he was limited to just a handful of games.

It is this season where Taylor has really flourished, however, first being a regular at left-back before more recently taking up a role on the right-hand side of midfield.

He scored the only goal of the game in the Tyne-Wear derby at the Stadium of Light back in August with a free-kick, and to date, Taylor has missed just two of United's 27 Premier League fixtures this season.

"I'm over the moon. It's been a quiet one to get done and didn't take long," said Taylor.

"I stated not so long ago that I would love to stay here, and that has always been the case. Playing every week helps, and having a good manager has been a massive plus for me as well.

"When the gaffer came in first of all I was injured, so I've had to prove myself to him. But this season has been great for me on a personal note, and to have played every Premier League game bar two or three then it's been a great season."

Newcastle manager Alan Pardew said: "I am delighted to secure a contract extension for Ryan. He has been outstanding for me this season wherever I have asked him to play.

"Ryan is a fantastic player who is firmly in the hearts of our fans, not only for his derby winner against Sunderland but also because of some excellent performances in the Newcastle shirt.

"On the back of agreeing new deals last week with Tim Krul and Fabricio Coloccini, this gives us a huge boost going into the final 11 games, and hopefully Ryan can help us make this a truly memorable season."

Edited by Christmas Tree

well done taylor. he's earned the new deal. i didn't think he was premiership quality but fair play to him, he's done well this year. his positioning is miles better and his delivery is almost always a threat, though unusually his corners against the mackems were mostly shite. every squad needs a utility man though and it's good knowing we've an honest pro like taylor that can cover a bunch of roles.

His derby goal has totally rehabilitated him it seems to me. This time last year most would have been happy to see him go after very few appearances. 5th top for appearances this season though. I Hope he's not getting so many games over the next 2 years because it'll mean we've not found anyone to fill those holes where he's stepping in, but he's a good quality utility player to have available when required.

I've always thought that he would make a good squad player. Definitely deserves a new deal and seems like a genuine guy - he's put in some dedicated performances this season.

Also if we sign him to a longer deal then he still won't score any free kicks or long rangers against us!

His derby goal has totally rehabilitated him it seems to me. This time last year most would have been happy to see him go after very few appearances. 5th top for appearances this season though. I Hope he's not getting so many games over the next 2 years because it'll mean we've not found anyone to fill those holes where he's stepping in, but he's a good quality utility player to have available when required.

Shock horror!!! I agree with HF, especially the bold bit, every team/squad needs one (or two) of them.