"One Ryan Taylor"

loonyTOON

I was disgusted that he was given a standing ovation and a sing off as he walked the walk. No player should be backed after a red unless it was a clear mistake. Absolute disgrace by our lot imo. The only time I've been ashamed at a home game.

Just want to see what everyone thinks

P.s. He just blew his chance to shine. I want to see him gone

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was disgusted that he was given a standing ovation and a sing off as he walked the walk. No player should be backed after a red unless it was a clear mistake. Absolute disgrace by our lot imo. The only time I've been ashamed at a home game.

I'll tell you what I think = I think you are an idiot

Disgusted, ashamed -wtf is wrong with you, This bullshit really pisses me off.

He didn't need slaughtering, he knew he had fucked up. Well done he crowd who got behind him. Support the players and the team

Some of you idiots shouldn't be allowed in the ground.

He didn't need slaughtering, he knew he had fucked up. Well done he crowd who got behind him. Support the players and the team

This

This

thirded. Some people seem to think you should be fair at the match. Bullocks. I never saw a newcastle player that deserved red...except barton st liverpool. Didn't cheer the twat then. Everyone else did though.

I certainly wasn't going to sing "one Ryan Taylor" when he probably cost us the match for being unable to control a football, but no problem with fans backing our players when it has gone wrong and better next game he plays he remembers the fans support than if he'd been booed off and shouted at.

it was a red card. He isn't a dirty player, but it was a red card. Support the players, he fucked up and while not excusing it, its not something he is noted for, everybody makes mistakes.

Red cards for deliberately elbowing someone, deliberately going over the top by players who do it often, and dissent. I would come down hard on those, but not for Ryan Taylor yesterday.

You can include Alan Shearer in there, for kicking Neil Lennon in the face, even though he's a cunt.

I clapped him off like. Didnt think it was a red card at the time either. Even seeing it back I didnt think it was malicious. Crap control and he tried to get it back, bit of a lunge and a bit daft.

I clapped him off like. Didnt think it was a red card at the time either. Even seeing it back I didnt think it was malicious. Crap control and he tried to get it back, bit of a lunge and a bit daft.

Pardew basically said that in the post-match interview and he was on the money. I still think it was rash and foolish but he certainly didn't try and break Elmander's leg or owt. He's still shite though.

• 10 months later...

Played well. He pushed forward really well and got into the box to support Shola and Ba alot. He won the ball high up the pitch on a few occassions and kept Evra in check very well for the most part. Although his performance was not perfect, he gave away possession a little bit too much as his short range passing leaves a little bit to be desired, he worked hard and did his job superbly.

I think he is the best option within the squad to perform a role similar to the role Barton performed for us last season. He can tuck in when not in possession and help out the midfield which allows us to press more aggressively. Also he can either sit when we attack to allow Cabaye and Jonas to push on, get forward to provide an option at the back post when Jonas gets forward or provide an option high wide right when Cabaye needs an option from the centre of the park or try and get beyond them when Simpson is looking for a quick release from right back.

Ryan Taylor is not alot of things but what he is is a hard worker and a team player. We all know what he isn't good at and he receives a lot of stick for it but he was a massive contributor to our win against Man U and that basically came back to his willingness to work and ability to follow a game plan. Well done Ryan Taylor.

Aye, I've been impressed with Taylor this season. He's improved massively - and for that i give credit to the coaching staff. He seems much more disciplined when it comes to holding his position, one of his major weaknesses in the past. He used to be a bit of a liability but his improved positional awareness combined with his deliveries make him an asset. He's earned a new contract IMO.

• 5 weeks later...

NEWCASTLE'S RYAN TAYLOR: GOAL TURNED MY LIFE AROUND

NEWCASTLE’S Ryan Taylor says his derby winner against Sunderland changed his life.

Taylor guaranteed his place in Geordie folklore with a stunning free-kick in August’s 1-0 triumph at the Stadium of Light.

Versatile Taylor has played much of the season at left-back but will again fill in for the banned Yohan Cabaye in central midfield in today’s home game with Aston Villa.

Taylor, who recently became a father for the first time, said: “A massive turning point in my life was that free-kick.

“One goal in a derby has changed the way the fans are towards me. No matter where I go, I always get people coming up, shaking hands and saying, ‘Thanks for that goal’. People say you will go down in history but it took me weeks to realise what it meant.’’

Taylor, 27, confessed: “It was quite difficult about 18 months ago. I couldn’t establish myself in the team. There was a point when I thought I might have to move on, but the derby lifted a lot of weight off my shoulders. I haven’t looked back since.”