Toon scout Graham Carr scours globe for talent

Tooj

Argument isn't wether anyone succeeded or not, it was whether carr was wrong to recommend them. If Carr didn't recommend Ben Arfa at £5.5m then he really would deserve the criticism he's getting.

• 2 months later...

Accounting profit after amortisation on Mbiwa & Santon

Bit of profit on Townsend

Massive profit on Wijnaldum

Doubled our money on Debuchy

Unfathomable profit on Sissoko

Mbemba our best CB

Lascelles our new captain and maybe our best CB

Does Carr deserve any re-reappraisal following all the criticism re Thauvin & Cabella?

Is he still involved at all under Benitez?

Mbemba our best CB

Does Carr deserve any re-reappraisal following all the criticism re Thauvin & Cabella?

Think he's still here with a scaled-back role, i.e. back to scouting but no place on the board.

He's been more good than bad, some slight criticism justifiable, but iyam we'd have been straight back down without him in 2010/11. You've got to look at some of the yes men and chancers Ashley has employed over the years to realise he's the only one who's had even the slightest idea what they've been doing when it comes to the football side of the club. His role probably got beyond him though, I think for most of his time here he has basically "been" the football side of the club.

He's been more good than bad, some slight criticism justifiable, but iyam we'd have been straight back down without him in 2010/11. You've got to look at some of the yes men and chancers Ashley has employed over the years to realise he's the only one who's had even the slightest idea what they've been doing when it comes to the football side of the club. His role probably got beyond him though, I think for most of his time here he has basically "been" the football side of the club.

Agreed, he's been in the same boat as a lot of our managers in fighting against the tide when it comes to signings. Recommend Lacazette as a prime target but get Doumbia, Mitrovic and Toney as cheaper options.

Only slight criticism I would give him is that when he was getting fullsome praise for Cabaye, Tiote, Cisse, Ba and that he was straight onto Talksport giving it Billy Big Bollocks. He should know it's not an exact science and there's so much that can go wrong, whatever talent a player he finds has (see Ben Arfa). Was a bit of a dickish Pardew type move to bask in the credit.

Agreed, he's been in the same boat as a lot of our managers in fighting against the tide when it comes to signings. Recommend Lacazette as a prime target but get Doumbia, Mitrovic and Toney as cheaper options.

Only slight criticism I would give him is that when he was getting fullsome praise for Cabaye, Tiote, Cisse, Ba and that he was straight onto Talksport giving it Billy Big Bollocks. He should know it's not an exact science and there's so much that can go wrong, whatever talent a player he finds has (see Ben Arfa). Was a bit of a dickish Pardew type move to bask in the credit.

Aubameyang too, I strangely saw quite a bit if him playing for St Etienne, he looked brilliant and I secretly got more excited than a man of my "advanced years" should have when we appeared to be in with a chance. I think we got Rivière instead :lol:

Aubameyang too, I strangely saw quite a bit if him playing for St Etienne, he looked brilliant and I secretly got more excited than a man of my "advanced years" should have when we appeared to be in with a chance. I think we got Rivière instead :lol:

Think it was Luuk De Jong and then Remy on loan when it was obvious he was off to Dortmund. Luuk De Jong :lol:

Mbemba our best CB

If Perez goes to Barca would he just about sneak into the black column?.....

• 10 months later...

Thank fuck for that. Identified some very good players, no question but his track record is littered with players completely unsuitable for English football, not to mention massive injury problems. There's that link with that French agency where he was definitely pocketing some back handers as well.

Had too much influence and was, in effect, the DoF. Again, I think that's down to the owner being a bit clueless and also perhaps being loyal to a fault with the people he trusts.