Kinnear - Appointed Director of Football

Sonatine

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So he's a bit silly when jabbering on.

Not long ago we complained the club didnt communicate enough!

First day in Tyneside and keeping the local journos happy.

Finally let's judge the squad September 1st.

I predict everyone will love Joe by Christmas.

:CT:

“It is very frustrating that we did not add at least another signing to the squad, but it was not for the lack of effort. It was not an easy task to improve the quality of the current squad with the financial resources at our disposal, particularly in a window in which the value of players was grossly overinflated and the demands of the agents likewise.

“I worked very hard on several targets and we made a number of bids for players, but for various reasons – some of which were outside the club’s control – we were unable to secure our targets.

“We will continue to operate in a financially responsible manner, buying only the right players for the right prices and not paying over the odds or making costly knee-jerk decisions.

“This is the reality of a well-run football club that lives within its means.

“When a deal is right and the player can add real quality and depth to the squad we have the ability to spend.

“My role is to work closely with Alan and our chief scout Graham Carr including identifying what the manager feels he requires in order to strengthen the team.

“Looking at the targets Alan and Graham put forward to meet those needs as well as utilising my own contacts and knowledge, of course pushing the boundaries with Mike to see what money can be made available. I have now had time to appraise the strength of the squad and I have been impressed with the quality we possess.

“There was some very good business done in the January window before I arrived which has stood us in good stead for this season.

“I was delighted to bring Loic Remy to the club in August. In the glimpses we have seen of him so far he has shown what we knew already.

“That he is a top-quality player who will be a fantastic asset to the team.

“It is my intention to not only strengthen the first team but also to focus on the squad underneath.”

“It is very frustrating that we did not add at least another signing to the squad, but it was not for the lack of effort. It was not an easy task to improve the quality of the current squad with the financial resources at our disposal, particularly in a window in which the value of players was grossly overinflated and the demands of the agents likewise.

“I worked very hard on several targets and we made a number of bids for players, but for various reasons – some of which were outside the club’s control – we were unable to secure our targets.

“We will continue to operate in a financially responsible manner, buying only the right players for the right prices and not paying over the odds or making costly knee-jerk decisions.

“This is the reality of a well-run football club that lives within its means.

“When a deal is right and the player can add real quality and depth to the squad we have the ability to spend.

“My role is to work closely with Alan and our chief scout Graham Carr including identifying what the manager feels he requires in order to strengthen the team.

“Looking at the targets Alan and Graham put forward to meet those needs as well as utilising my own contacts and knowledge, of course pushing the boundaries with Mike to see what money can be made available. I have now had time to appraise the strength of the squad and I have been impressed with the quality we possess.

“There was some very good business done in the January window before I arrived which has stood us in good stead for this season.

“I was delighted to bring Loic Remy to the club in August. In the glimpses we have seen of him so far he has shown what we knew already.

“That he is a top-quality player who will be a fantastic asset to the team.

“It is my intention to not only strengthen the first team but also to focus on the squad underneath.”

:spit:

delighted to bring in a loan signing, aye i'm sure that was tough work to bring in someone on loan who was listed for loan

hard work there.

this cunt can fuck right off

Be fair. Nobody else was after Remy too, and they might have got him, if Kinnear hadn't stayed sober for one afternoon. It was a lot of effort.

• 2 months later...

Still 3 weeks to go and JFK has been beavering in the background and....

1. Got us challenging for the Champions league.

2. Got us scoring from corners.

3. Made Shola great.

4. Made Willo a God.

5. New multi million training complex.

6. Got rid of Lee Ryder.

And lots more no doubt.

Great work Joe. :) (I knew they'd love you by Christmas).

3. Made Shola great.

4. Made Willo a God.

6. Got rid of Lee Ryder.

And lots more no doubt.

You've got massive tits.

3. Made Shola great.

4. Made Willo a God.

6. Got rid of Lee Ryder.

And lots more no doubt.

very poor, even by your standards :lol: