Newcastle United 4-1 Wolverhampton Wanderers

Monroe Transfer

To be honest, I thought it was a shite game yesterday and 4-1 flattered us, Wolves were the better side second half, and like I say it definitely was not a 4-1 performance. The third goal was a picture book goal though, and Barton and Coloccini were fuckin mint. Barton has been excellent, I don't want us to sign a right winger, I really think that's his position oot there, because he gives so much quality with his deliveries.

Perch pmsl. Did anyone see that pass in the second half down the left, I've heard of people hitting the corner flag, but this mug passes the ball, 40 yards away from the nearest player. Technically I'm better than Perch, he truly is Port Vale standard, he must wake up every day and think how the fuck do I play for Newcastle. 4-1 though that'll dee, hope we can win next week at Villa, but nee Tiote, nee Nolan noo, who we gonna play centre midfield fuckin Perch? Ireland won't be able to play even if he's fit against his parent club.

Wouldnt say it was a shit game, thought it was a shit atmosphere though.

Perch is one of the worst footballers iv seen at the club. I hope some championship club comes in for him in the summer.

As for the midfield against villa...

How about...Jonas---Coloccini---Guthrie---Barton?

Coloccini was quality yesterday, has been all season and i think he would play that role well.

Reminded me of Championship games from last season. Easy goals, small club, full away end full of day trippers. The next game certainly won't be a CCC game though.

Besty what you mean re singin section?

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest, I thought it was a shite game yesterday and 4-1 flattered us, Wolves were the better side second half, and like I say it definitely was not a 4-1 performance. The third goal was a picture book goal though, and Barton and Coloccini were fuckin mint. Barton has been excellent, I don't want us to sign a right winger, I really think that's his position oot there, because he gives so much quality with his deliveries.

Perch pmsl. Did anyone see that pass in the second half down the left, I've heard of people hitting the corner flag, but this mug passes the ball, 40 yards away from the nearest player. Technically I'm better than Perch, he truly is Port Vale standard, he must wake up every day and think how the fuck do I play for Newcastle. 4-1 though that'll dee, hope we can win next week at Villa, but nee Tiote, nee Nolan noo, who we gonna play centre midfield fuckin Perch? Ireland won't be able to play even if he's fit against his parent club.

I actually feel sorry for Perch as he is so far out of his depth its scary. I applaud his effort and committment, he stuck his head in where it hurts a couple of times, but ability wise its a disaster, at one point he was given the ball in space under no pressure and as it headed towards him i could see he literally had no idea what to do next and so he panicked and just kicked it nowhere.

As for the game, first half we were much the better side, scored two and their keeper made a couple of good saves, then first part of second half we came out flying and could have had 3 goals in about 5 minutes. Then we went shite for about half an hour before finishing it in style.

Wolves were exactly what i expected, they came here with the sadly predictable gameplan of kicking the shit out of us and Barton especially, but the ref ruined their day by booking two of them straight away for fouls, that left them with no plan B and we took care of them. Also good to see Ferguson get stuck in straight away with a couple of tackles and a foul as he knew they would target him, and they did with a couple of early long balls hit to left back.

And as with most dirty teams, they also hit the deck themselves all the time and whinge at the ref non stop, Henry was a permanent shadow to the offiicals, the sooner they go down the better for the prem and if they could only take Stoke with them it'd be great!

Villa arent exactly bouncing at the moment though are they? Whats there home for like?

I think we can get something out of it.....i think we will get a point.

If we either score early or just keep them quiet for the early part of the game, their fans will be on their back in no time and that will spread to under pressure players and we can take advantage. My worry is with Bent sniffing around the goal we'll gift them an easy start and lift the pressure on them.

But like all toon fans this is a game i really want us to win, if we can help them on the way to relegation it would be perfect karma for the way this bunch of nonentities went on 2 years ago, difference being if they go down nobody will give a shit because its Villa.

Villa arent exactly bouncing at the moment though are they? Whats there home for like?

I think we can get something out of it.....i think we will get a point.

If we either score early or just keep them quiet for the early part of the game, their fans will be on their back in no time and that will spread to under pressure players and we can take advantage. My worry is with Bent sniffing around the goal we'll gift them an easy start and lift the pressure on them.

But like all toon fans this is a game i really want us to win, if we can help them on the way to relegation it would be perfect karma for the way this bunch of nonentities went on 2 years ago, difference being if they go down nobody will give a shit because its Villa.

Absolutely.

A good start is crucial be it a goal from us or frustrating their fans.

This could be the game where we move just about safe and how fitting if we can contribute to them cunts demise.

Morons on N-O on about dropping Nolan.

Fucking hell they really are clueless. :razz:

Next season if we bring in Taarabt or alike then id use him less.

But as for this season he is very important.

Id make Barton our captain next year like.

I know Nolan can be a passenger but I think he would be hard to - replace - and why would we want to. He's been banging the goals in and he's nowhere near as useless as people make out.

Plus I very much doubt we are going to be prominent in the transfer market if we don't have to be.

I know Nolan can be a passenger but I think he would be hard to - replace - and why would we want to. He's been banging the goals in and he's nowhere near as useless as people make out.

Plus I very much doubt we are going to be prominent in the transfer market if we don't have to be.

Do you expect our midfield at the start of next season to be the same?

Gutierrez---Tiote---Nolan---Barton

I am happy with that but if we can get another quality box to box midfielder like taarabt then id be happy to drop nolan to the bench.

I think Enrique could possibly leave but apart from that i dont see us selling anyone.

I would however let Perch, Smith, Guthrie, Campbell and Lovenkrands go if we can get replacements in.

I tell you what sums that board up. The entire forum said Nolan had shite technique 4 years ago, I got laughed at for saying his technique particularly in the box is almost peerless in English football. Who looks the mugs now? His finish yesterday absolutely brilliant, half of strikers would've panicked but I would've staked my life on him scoring.

I tell you what sums that board up. The entire forum said Nolan had shite technique 4 years ago, I got laughed at for saying his technique particularly in the box is almost peerless in English football. Who looks the mugs now? His finish yesterday absolutely brilliant, half of strikers would've panicked but I would've staked my life on him scoring.

Iv slated him in the past, like many others have also, more so for his work ethic.

But we've all realised that although he doesnt exactly cover masses of ground, his movement and runs into the box, his goals, composure and leadership qualities are invaluable.

Very important play for us, as too is Barton, Tiote and Coloccini.

Them four for me are our most important figures in the team.

Nolan ran alot yesterday, and all noises say hes the most professional player in training. Working with Tiote his clever interceptions and positioning are very often quite effective. I thought for most of the championship he'd be a failure when we came up but hes proved me wrong, like alot of the rest of the squad. But Nolan is a very important player for us atm. And anyone thinking he should be replaced before we get a decent Tall CB, 2 strikers, winger and right back are wrong imo. And anyone thinking we are getting 5 quality players are fairly optimistic :razz: .

Is this Nolans highest ever PL goal return?

This from midfield too!

I dont think we NEED a right winger, well not to go into the 1st team anyways, Barton is at his best out wide.

We could do with someone who can cover both wings...Lens or Jarvis would do. Maybe even Brunt.

We NEED a 1st team striker and possibly another as backup but id be happy with one so long as he's quality.

We also NEED cover for both fullbacks too.

I dont think we need at CB.

I don't understand criticism of Gutierrez, especially given that he is now a squad player, with the signing of Ben Arfa. How many squad players can you find in the Prem who are comfortable carrying the ball at a reasonable pace, are not injury-prone, and even pop in with a few assists (albeit inconsistently)?

I don't understand criticism of Gutierrez, especially given that he is now a squad player, with the signing of Ben Arfa. How many squad players can you find in the Prem who are comfortable carrying the ball at a reasonable pace, are not injury-prone, and even pop in with a few assists (albeit inconsistently)?

Ben Arfa is no threat to his place.