Monroe Transfer

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FAO: Tecato, Dr Gloom and all the other doom mongers

SEE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOUR POSITIVE?

:razz:

We have been decent in the 1st half, looking to go forward and pressed well....still think we have another gear or two to go up to yet.

Could be 3 or 4 this.

Results going our way too.

:)

Jesus, you're such a dick. Where did i say we'd lose today?

Never said you did...just highlighting being positive is good.

yeah, you're right. today's result is all down to your positive mental attitude.

FAO: Tecato, Dr Gloom and all the other doom mongers

SEE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOUR POSITIVE?

:)

We have been decent in the 1st half, looking to go forward and pressed well....still think we have another gear or two to go up to yet.

Could be 3 or 4 this.

Results going our way too.

:(

Jesus, you're such a dick. Where did i say we'd lose today?

Never said you did...just highlighting being positive is good.

yeah, you're right. today's result is all down to your positive mental attitude.

:razz:

If only i had the power to make things happen, if i could id be using it to get katie melua in my bed tbh.

I just think that, and i do understand the logic of it, but pessimism is boring. No enjoyment 80% of the time and 20% when your proven wrong then you get a buzz.

I just dont think that way, everyones different and i personally think being positive does far more good than being negative.

Guest Your Name Here
Guti and Shola joint MOM for me. Both had excellent games and endless running.

Colo for me. I thought he was shite in his first season and attributed his form last season to dropping down a division but he’s been top class on his return to the top flight. Doesn’t get the attention/credit he deserves from the national media.

Colo & Shola were our best players, but it was a decent team performance really. The Wolves players had a lot more "bulk" on them but ours seemed to tire earlier. Ebanks-Blake registered on the Richter scale every time he moved.

Lovely touch by Colo in the build up to the third goal. Was chuffed for Jonas, even tho he did little else of much worth in the rest of the match.

Ferguson did well once he stopped trying to pass the ball too tight down the line. Made up for lack of physical presence through good timing and tenacity. Looked better at this level than Ranger, who was given 10 mins up top with Shola, did fuck all, and was sent onto the wing when Saylor came on for the last 10 mins and to my eyes spent the rest of the time in a strop. He needs to be sent on loan to Doncaster and give his head a shake, otherwise he's already peaked.

tbf the best bit was the pen taken by the one-legged kid during the half time antics. Just went for it with a good run up. Cracking! Felt a bit sorry for the able bodied kid who scored straight after and barely roused a cheer.

Edited by Bibble

Colo & Shola were our best players, but it was a decent team performance really. The Wolves players had a lot more "bulk" on them but ours seemed to tire earlier. Ebanks-Blake registered on the Richter scale every time he moved.

Lovely touch by Colo in the build up to the third goal. Was chuffed for Jonas, even tho he did little else of much worth in the rest of the match.

Ferguson did well once he stopped trying to pass the ball too tight down the line. Made up for lack of physical presence through good timing and tenacity. Looked better at this level than Ranger, who was given 10 mins up top with Shola, did fuck all, and was sent onto the wing when Saylor came on for the last 10 mins and to my eyes spent the rest of the time in a strop. He needs to be sent on loan to Doncaster and give his head a shake, otherwise he's already peaked.

tbf the best bit was the pen taken by the one-legged kid during the half time antics. Just went for it with a good run up. Cracking! Felt a bit sorry for the able bodied kid who scored straight after and barely roused a cheer.

Aye, that was class.

I thought Shola demonstrated why he's an average PL striker and Leon Best isn't today. Held things up better, good assist for Nolan's goal, canny workrate (which is not something I always say about Shola), I thought he was good.

Guti and Shola joint MOM for me. Both had excellent games and endless running.

Thought Jonas was shite for the most part. Played in one decent ball in the first half (and that ended up being to no one although I think that was due to a lack of players running in rather than anything wrong on his part) and was awful in the second til he scored. Shola had a blinder though.

Lovenkrands turned out the most important player though with a goal and an assist. Impressive considering he was anonymous for the most part.

It has to be said though that gutherie was fucking useless!

Do you think the players read this forum or something?

I doubt it but im sure they have the internet and an interest so its possible.

I just think that accross the whole support of the club its pessimistic and granted things arent great but what joy do you get being doom and gloom.

I love being right :razz:

But you were wrong. We won, even with all the pessimism so it clearly makes no difference whatsoever. First win in a 3pm Saturday game since 2008. The pessimism was hardly misplaced.

Thought Jonas had a good first half and after his goal we were giving him man of the match, but I think that was more to do with him usually being so much worse, he was more of a pleasant surprise yesterday than barton who's been doing well consistently.

I just think that accross the whole support of the club its pessimistic and granted things arent great but what joy do you get being doom and gloom.

But you were wrong. We won, even with all the pessimism so it clearly makes no difference whatsoever. First win in a 3pm Saturday game since 2008. The pessimism was hardly misplaced.

How was i wrong? I also predicted we'd win by the three goal margin.

Tell me....what good does being pessimistic do? As apposed to being optimistic?

You said pessimism on this board breeds poor results...but it didn't. Doesn't give the team or management much credit for their hard work either.

The team need confidence..but that's gotta come from pardew, not the likes of you, besty and rob w.

You said pessimism on this board breeds poor results...but it didn't. Doesn't give the team or management much credit for their hard work either.

The team need confidence..but that's gotta come from pardew, not the likes of you, besty and rob w.

So i said people on this board were responsible for bad results? Quote me.

People LIKE a few on here CONTRIBUTE to a NEGATIVE atmosphere at the match which DOESNT HELP matters on the pitch.

Poor results are the fault of the management and mostly the players but WE CAN HELP by being POSITIVE.

The atmosphere this season has been wank on the most part.

To be honest, I thought it was a shite game yesterday and 4-1 flattered us, Wolves were the better side second half, and like I say it definitely was not a 4-1 performance. The third goal was a picture book goal though, and Barton and Coloccini were fuckin mint. Barton has been excellent, I don't want us to sign a right winger, I really think that's his position oot there, because he gives so much quality with his deliveries.

Perch pmsl. Did anyone see that pass in the second half down the left, I've heard of people hitting the corner flag, but this mug passes the ball, 40 yards away from the nearest player. Technically I'm better than Perch, he truly is Port Vale standard, he must wake up every day and think how the fuck do I play for Newcastle. 4-1 though that'll dee, hope we can win next week at Villa, but nee Tiote, nee Nolan noo, who we gonna play centre midfield fuckin Perch? Ireland won't be able to play even if he's fit against his parent club.

And the ATMOSPHERE will BE WORSE next SEASON.

Dont take the piss besty. My point is valid.

How will it be worse? Fwiw i think we will have a good summer and everyone will be optimistic come the start of next season.

To be honest, I thought it was a shite game yesterday and 4-1 flattered us, Wolves were the better side second half, and like I say it definitely was not a 4-1 performance. The third goal was a picture book goal though, and Barton and Coloccini were fuckin mint. Barton has been excellent, I don't want us to sign a right winger, I really think that's his position oot there, because he gives so much quality with his deliveries.

Perch pmsl. Did anyone see that pass in the second half down the left, I've heard of people hitting the corner flag, but this mug passes the ball, 40 yards away from the nearest player. Technically I'm better than Perch, he truly is Port Vale standard, he must wake up every day and think how the fuck do I play for Newcastle. 4-1 though that'll dee, hope we can win next week at Villa, but nee Tiote, nee Nolan noo, who we gonna play centre midfield fuckin Perch? Ireland won't be able to play even if he's fit against his parent club.

Wouldnt say it was a shit game, thought it was a shit atmosphere though.

Perch is one of the worst footballers iv seen at the club. I hope some championship club comes in for him in the summer.

As for the midfield against villa...

How about...Jonas---Coloccini---Guthrie---Barton?

Coloccini was quality yesterday, has been all season and i think he would play that role well.