Newcastle United 4-1 Wolverhampton Wanderers

Monroe Transfer

I don't understand criticism of Gutierrez, especially given that he is now a squad player, with the signing of Ben Arfa. How many squad players can you find in the Prem who are comfortable carrying the ball at a reasonable pace, are not injury-prone, and even pop in with a few assists (albeit inconsistently)?

Ben Arfa is no threat to his place.

He is a threat for LW position. For Pardew to play Barfa in a No. 10 role, then he needs to buy a Defoe-esque striker, one who'll exploit the gaps. Otherwise, if we go for the usual big strong front man, then Barfa will be better suited to playing on the left, providing decent balls. Gutierrez isn't safe from the bench and he knows that!

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand criticism of Gutierrez, especially given that he is now a squad player, with the signing of Ben Arfa. How many squad players can you find in the Prem who are comfortable carrying the ball at a reasonable pace, are not injury-prone, and even pop in with a few assists (albeit inconsistently)?

He is a threat for LW position. For Pardew to play Barfa in a No. 10 role, then he needs to buy a Defoe-esque striker, one who'll exploit the gaps. Otherwise, if we go for the usual big strong front man, then Barfa will be better suited to playing on the left, providing decent balls. Gutierrez isn't safe from the bench and he knows that!

Unless he wants Barfa eating the scraps from a big mans knock downs? Maybe also wanting Barfa to pick the ball up in "the hole" and splay it out for the wide men?

Good strikers are more expensive than good wingers and certain;y more than good right backs.

Pardew has already said he will be playing Ben Arfa as a number 10.

Ben Arfa can still play as a winger. If we get injuries we can still put him there. At present we have Routledge, Gutierrez and Ben Arfa who are used to playing there (raylor lol). I think one more first teamer should be one of the priorities. As you say though I have no problem with Gutierrez as a squad player, I quite like him and he is by far not the worst player in our first 11.

when is ben arfa returing anyone know

Latest in sunday sun was he might be available for the last 3 games, but i wouldn't be surprised that if we don't need him to play he might not feature at all this season.

Unless he wants Barfa eating the scraps from a big mans knock downs? Maybe also wanting Barfa to pick the ball up in "the hole" and splay it out for the wide men?

Good strikers are more expensive than good wingers and certain;y more than good right backs.

This is exactly what a number 10 should be doing.

If we went with a defoe type player we have have zero ariel threat at all. A big lad with good feet, strong and good in the air is what we need. Just like what we had. :lol:

Morons on N-O on about dropping Nolan.

Fucking hell they really are clueless. :lol:

Sounds about right. Drop the highest scoring midfielder in the League. :icon_lol:

He is THE best finisher in the Premier League I mean that as well.

See Shola got 9 in the Sunday Sun. He was good in the first half made the first goal, and scored a good second. The second half though, he was a lazy twat, as ever, didn't chase, half hearted, and for me because he wasn't holding it up as well, and moving that was a key reason the pressure was coming on at us.

And the ATMOSPHERE will BE WORSE next SEASON.

Dont take the piss besty. My point is valid.

How will it be worse? Fwiw i think we will have a good summer and everyone will be optimistic come the start of next season.

What's your definition of 'a good summer'?

Sounds about right. Drop the highest scoring midfielder in the League. :icon_lol:

See Shola got 9 in the Sunday Sun. He was good in the first half made the first goal, and scored a good second. The second half though, he was a lazy twat, as ever, didn't chase, half hearted, and for me because he wasn't holding it up as well, and moving that was a key reason the pressure was coming on at us.

Its why he drives you mad! The first half showed exactly what he could have been, a beast of a striker who bullied his marker, set one up and scored one and was a genuine handful and also solid technically, and the 2nd half showed why he isn't that, because he simply doesnt want it enough, he doesnt have that hunger and aggression and determination to be the best he can.

Rob Lee was on this morning with Ginola and they mentioned Shola and he said he has never become the player he should, because they saw him come through the ranks and thought he was realyl going to make it as he was such a big lad and had the ability, but Lee said he just isn't ever going to reach where he should have. Also he is right that the one mitigating factor is he has had a shitload of injuries which have hampered his career, but mostly its his attitude.

Its why he drives you mad! The first half showed exactly what he could have been, a beast of a striker who bullied his marker, set one up and scored one and was a genuine handful and also solid technically, and the 2nd half showed why he isn't that, because he simply doesnt want it enough, he doesnt have that hunger and aggression and determination to be the best he can.

Rob Lee was on this morning with Ginola and they mentioned Shola and he said he has never become the player he should, because they saw him come through the ranks and thought he was realyl going to make it as he was such a big lad and had the ability, but Lee said he just isn't ever going to reach where he should have. Also he is right that the one mitigating factor is he has had a shitload of injuries which have hampered his career, but mostly its his attitude.

Ye naa what it is as well, from Robson through to Souness, Roeder, Hughton, Kinnear and Allardyce, the only one who ever questioned his attitude was Keegan, which speaks volumes. Keegan can see what the fans could see for years.

Ye naa what it is as well, from Robson through to Souness, Roeder, Hughton, Kinnear and Allardyce, the only one who ever questioned his attitude was Keegan, which speaks volumes. Keegan can see what the fans could see for years.

Yeah, it was strange how many different managers kept with him because he was "great in training" and "still a youngster" etc. whereas Keegan came in, initially gave him the big talk up to boost his confidence as KK is the master of, then looked at what he did, saw enough and wanted rid!

How will it be worse? Fwiw i think we will have a good summer and everyone will be optimistic come the start of next season.

No major outgoings, a new striker of quality and a few decent squad players (RB, LB, RW,LW) and a solid pre season.

So i said people on this board were responsible for bad results? Quote me.

People LIKE a few on here CONTRIBUTE to a NEGATIVE atmosphere at the match which DOESNT HELP matters on the pitch.

Poor results are the fault of the management and mostly the players but WE CAN HELP by being POSITIVE.

The atmosphere this season has been wank on the most part.

Bollocks. Mouthing off on a message board has fuck all to do with the backing the lads get. I tell it like i see it on here but back the team till the final whistle at the match. Your particular brand of mindless optimism on here is just annoying.

People LIKE a few on here CONTRIBUTE to a NEGATIVE atmosphere at the match which DOESNT HELP matters on the pitch.

Poor results are the fault of the management and mostly the players but WE CAN HELP by being POSITIVE.

Bollocks. Mouthing off on a message board has fuck all to do with the backing the lads get. I tell it like i see it on here but back the team till the final whistle at the match. Your particular brand of mindless optimism on here is just annoying.

How is it mindless? And its only annoying because it breaks the skin of an eternal miserable pessimistic bastard.

Pints always half full marra.

How is it mindless? And its only annoying because it breaks the skin of an eternal miserable pessimistic bastard.

Pints always half full marra.

I prefer being DELUDED too. I'm an eternal OPTIMIST. My optimism ENDS where it comes to discussing anything to DO with MIKE Ashley however.

No major outgoings, a new striker of quality and a few decent squad players (RB, LB, RW,LW) and a solid pre season.

I'll have an under/over with you if you like, for a charity bet going towards the Bobby Robson Foundation.

I reckon our NET spend in the summer will be £10m or less. If it is, you donate, if its over I will.

Just read over these past few pages and it's confirmed that Tiote's Nutz knows fuck all. Going on as though you're the fucking Messiah babbling on as though your positivity was 50% behind the team winning today, take your head out your arse for a second and think before you post, saying that the people on here who are negative and go to the games are the reason behind the shyte atmospheres and the team performing poorly in home games, I'm negative and if youve watched the recent games and if you knew what Newcastle were like you'd know that there are very few things to stay constantly positive about, like the results weve had against teams like Wolves at home, but when i get to St James' park, I'm behind the team constantly from the first whistle to the last, constantly looking to get the best out of the team, you go on about the atmosphere as though banter with away fans has nothing to do with it, performance of the team has nothing to do with it, and whether it's a day/night game.

And to say to play Coloccini in CM, thats just plain stupidity, we'd be fucked taking him out the backline, he's saved us a good few points playing there and to knack the back line up and put him in a position he knows noting about just stupid again, he might play well, but its too much of a risk to even take hom out of a position in which he's been one of our best players this season

To even think about dropping Nolan is madness, our top scorer and trying to justify your opinion by saying its cos he doesnt run around as much as you want him too, Howay man! Nolan's central to our dressing room and making him a scapegoat would wreck the harmony in the dressing room and to replace him with a player who's had a good season in the Championship but unproven at this level is just madness

I'll have an under/over with you if you like, for a charity bet going towards the Bobby Robson Foundation.

I reckon our NET spend in the summer will be £10m or less. If it is, you donate, if its over I will.

Il take you up on it mate. What shall we say?