Religion headed toward extinction

Happy Face

The ignorance of LeazesMag is astounding but not too different from fellow 60+ year olds I suspect.

I'll sue

anyway he claims to be 56...................

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it doesn't have to massively infringe on your life to close your eyes to it ?????????????? That just smacks of the "I'm alright Jack" attitude. I really find it hard to see why, after all these sort of debates, and every time the attention is drawn to just one instance of terrorism, violence or pandering to muslims for anything at all because we are afraid of offending the poor dears and so put their feelings and interests first, is one too many.

Did anyone really notice or care about the Muslim population of the UK until the gulf war/July the Seventh? I can only remember a few people saying things like why can't the West Indian immigrants be more like the Asians as the former were seen as more of a problem. I guess that';s now reversed which is obviously a shame but I think you let the terrorism issue cloud your opinion. You're old enough to remember how much distrust and dislike there was for the Irish in the IRA days in the 70s especially but you must realise that's pretty much gone now.

Of course being anti-religion I don't like some of the pandering as you call it but feel the same way about christian pandering - in fact its now hard to see who followed who on that one as you can't really blame people for saying "well they get special treatment so why shouldn't we". The solution is to stop special treatment for everyone.

I also think you're completely wrong about people being afraid to speak up - the Mail (I know, sorry) might tell you you can't say anything but the truth is it's perfectly possible to speak out. There's too many people who only say they can't because they're trying to make people think they can't when they can.

its been growing for a long time before july 7th and the Gulf War !!! and still growing, faster and faster.

People are afraid to speak up, and the "law" isn't helping....where is that thread on that Dutch bloke and the yank who were refused entry into the UK to voice their opinions on Islam ? I know you said you personally thought they should be allowed their freedom of speech [correct of course] but the point is the authorities denied it to them for fear of offending Islam. Doesn't that tell you something ?

Tells me you're a frightened old man, peering at the world over the top of your tabloid, believing every piece of crap they throw at you.

Give me one example where you've personally been affected by a real life Muslim.

I've been bumped off the cunts in the local offie loads of times, and it's only when you get home you realise they've ripped you. Plus they talk in Pakistani when you're in the shop, fucks me right off, it's ignorance, they could be saying "look at this fat cunt, drinking again" or anything. Well Bal couldn't say that to be fair cos he's fatter than me, but it's still ignorance.

And the roles could be reversed when you are on holiday (especially with a Geordie accent :jesuswept: ). Whats the answer? We arent allowed to leave our countries.

They LIVE in this country, and the two in question for 30 years speaking better English than most of us. Do you think it's ignorant to speak in a foreign language in a British shop, when you're serving British people, and there's only three of you in the shop? I do. Fuckin height of ignorance.

As for the Spain example, they'd have a GDP like Chad if we didn't go there so they can pipe down. We're just holiday makers there anyway, and I'm sure people who settle in Costa del Sol, have a go at the language anyway.

If someone offered you a basic of 300,000k a year to work in a (eg) Dubai, would you learn and only speak the local language ?

So you think it's acceptable to speak in a different language than English, when you can speak it perfectly well, and there's a customer in front of you in your shop who can't speak Bengazi or whatever shitey language it is they converse in? Is that acceptable? It's not even a question of racism, it's I G N O R A N T. They could be saying "aye we could dee with some more coke's they're selling this week", but why not say it in English. They have Al Jazeera TV blaring too under the counter with all these Asian musicals wwwwwweeeeeeeeeewwwwww eeehhh ehehhehhe woowowowowowooooo fuckin hell what a great culture.

Im guessing its their first language and are more comfortable speaking it than English. I was just raising a point rather than disagreeing by the way although it doesnt bother me in the slightest.

I bet it happens all of the time.

For example, I was watching a Man City game and Balotelli was coming on and Mancini was giving him instructions. I bet that was in Italian. Anyway, I digress. I am assuming all dressings rooms should/have an English only rule when speaking as a group. I still bet Colo/Enrique and Jonas converse in Spanish when addressing each other though.

Im guessing its their first language and are more comfortable speaking it than English. I was just raising a point rather than disagreeing by the way although it doesnt bother me in the slightest.

For example, I was watching a Man City game and Balotelli was coming on and Mancini was giving him instructions. I bet that was in Italian. Anyway, I digress. I am assuming all dressings rooms should/have an English only rule when speaking as a group. I still bet Colo/Enrique and Jonas converse in Spanish when addressing each other though.

Completely different set of circumstances all of them. You have to understand how well they can speak English, nearer RP than me that's for certain, the other shop which is further away they're both Indian. Bloke is a top fella apart from the fact he wears a Barcelona top and supports Liverpool, he's got a beer belly and drinks, they speak in English the pair of them, because they understand what is ignorant and what isn't. They even row in English in the shop, while English is their second language. See that's the difference between your Indian and Pakistani if you ask me, and the Indians would say the same.

Completely different set of circumstances all of them. You have to understand how well they can speak English, nearer RP than me that's for certain, the other shop which is further away they're both Indian. Bloke is a top fella apart from the fact he wears a Barcelona top and supports Liverpool, he's got a beer belly and drinks, they speak in English the pair of them, because they understand what is ignorant and what isn't. They even row in English in the shop, while English is their second language. See that's the difference between your Indian and Pakistani if you ask me, and the Indians would say the same.

I had an Indian mate at Uni that hated Pakistanis. With venom. I didn't have a clue at the hatred between the 2 at the time. Proper racist.

I had an Indian mate at Uni that hated Pakistanis. With venom. I didn't have a clue at the hatred between the 2 at the time. Proper racist.

They're both largely speaking the same race though, so I don't know how it's racism. Bigotry maybe? GENERALLY speaking Indians have a much higher level of decency than Pakistani's, I don't know if religion or race even comes in to it. The Indians who have come here embrace Britain a lot better than Pakistani's, cue HF and his wealth disparities pish.

Funny how you never hear of extreme Athiests running around bombing shit.

Hey Ho.

Hitler was an atheist.

Just goes to prove, religion is good.

:jesuswept:

Oh no he wasn't!

Stalin was though, but he never murdered in the name of atheism.

but Marxism is an atheistic political system.

so if he murdered in the name of Marxism, he murdered in the name of atheism.

They're both largely speaking the same race though, so I don't know how it's racism. Bigotry maybe? GENERALLY speaking Indians have a much higher level of decency than Pakistani's, I don't know if religion or race even comes in to it. The Indians who have come here embrace Britain a lot better than Pakistani's, cue HF and his wealth disparities pish.

He'd go mental if you told my mate that !

He'd go mental if you told my mate that !

Well it's like saying us and Scots are separate race.....mmmm aye maybe your mate had a point.

Hey Ho.

Hitler was an atheist.

Oh no he wasn't!

Atheism is simply not believing in any specific God. Who kills in the name of not believing in God?

More like English and French than English versus Scots. And the underlying difference is unfortunately religion.

More like English and French than English versus Scots. And the underlying difference is unfortunately religion.

Didn't we make Pakistan and Bangladesh?

Hey Ho.

Hitler was an atheist.

Oh no he wasn't!

My understanding was that Marx had an unfavourable view of religion as a control mechanism but didn't aspouse "pure" Atheism as a substitute. I think he felt if people were provided for and "happy" in a Marxist state then they wouldn't even "need" religion.

Didn't we make Pakistan and Bangladesh?

It was part of independence but the key factor is that both of those are Muslim states. There are Hindus in those countries and Muslims throughout India but the countries represent "havens" - a bit like Ulster was supposed to be for Protestants.

I look forward to giving this thread my full attention very soon. Hopefully we can clear a few things up in between the usual suspects throwing vitriol and ill-informed nonsense at one another. :jesuswept:

Oh fuck off you fuckin nob.

My political views are based on knowledge picked up in other ways.

Pointless question as I know you'll ignore it, but what direct experience do you have with Muslims?

Don't be daft man, Leazes has oodles of "Life Experience", he's just shyer than a virgin at an orgy when it comes to sharing it.

I'd almost think that he's ex-army, only he doesn't appear to be clever enough for it.

should I take that as a complement ? The Army these days has professional mature young men in it, not the pc brainwashed wankers churned out by schools and colleges, it would make mincemeat out of half the do-gooders on here.

The ignorance of LeazesMag is astounding but not too different from fellow 60+ year olds I suspect.

who rattled your cage :jesuswept:

The ignorance of so many liberal loonies and overgrown college boys and hippies on here is astounding.

Well, it doesn't have to massively infringe on your life to close your eyes to it ?????????????? That just smacks of the "I'm alright Jack" attitude. I really find it hard to see why, after all these sort of debates, and every time the attention is drawn to just one instance of terrorism, violence or pandering to muslims for anything at all because we are afraid of offending the poor dears and so put their feelings and interests first, is one too many.

Did anyone really notice or care about the Muslim population of the UK until the gulf war/July the Seventh? I can only remember a few people saying things like why can't the West Indian immigrants be more like the Asians as the former were seen as more of a problem. I guess that';s now reversed which is obviously a shame but I think you let the terrorism issue cloud your opinion. You're old enough to remember how much distrust and dislike there was for the Irish in the IRA days in the 70s especially but you must realise that's pretty much gone now.

Of course being anti-religion I don't like some of the pandering as you call it but feel the same way about christian pandering - in fact its now hard to see who followed who on that one as you can't really blame people for saying "well they get special treatment so why shouldn't we". The solution is to stop special treatment for everyone.

I also think you're completely wrong about people being afraid to speak up - the Mail (I know, sorry) might tell you you can't say anything but the truth is it's perfectly possible to speak out. There's too many people who only say they can't because they're trying to make people think they can't when they can.

its been growing for a long time before july 7th and the Gulf War !!! and still growing, faster and faster.

People are afraid to speak up, and the "law" isn't helping....where is that thread on that Dutch bloke and the yank who were refused entry into the UK to voice their opinions on Islam ? I know you said you personally thought they should be allowed their freedom of speech [correct of course] but the point is the authorities denied it to them for fear of offending Islam. Doesn't that tell you something ?

Tells me you're a frightened old man, peering at the world over the top of your tabloid, believing every piece of crap they throw at you.

Give me one example where you've personally been affected by a real life Muslim.

I've been bumped off the cunts in the local offie loads of times, and it's only when you get home you realise they've ripped you. Plus they talk in Pakistani when you're in the shop, fucks me right off, it's ignorance, they could be saying "look at this fat cunt, drinking again" or anything. Well Bal couldn't say that to be fair cos he's fatter than me, but it's still ignorance.

And the roles could be reversed when you are on holiday (especially with a Geordie accent :jesuswept: ). Whats the answer? We arent allowed to leave our countries.

:( don't be stupid man.

They LIVE in this country, and the two in question for 30 years speaking better English than most of us. Do you think it's ignorant to speak in a foreign language in a British shop, when you're serving British people, and there's only three of you in the shop? I do. Fuckin height of ignorance.

As for the Spain example, they'd have a GDP like Chad if we didn't go there so they can pipe down. We're just holiday makers there anyway, and I'm sure people who settle in Costa del Sol, have a go at the language anyway.

thats about right. How they don't get it, fuck knows.

"Do you think it's ignorant to speak in a foreign language in a British shop, when you're serving British people, and there's only three of you in the shop? I do. Fuckin height of ignorance. "

You talking about the Welsh again???

"Do you think it's ignorant to speak in a foreign language in a British shop, when you're serving British people, and there's only three of you in the shop? I do. Fuckin height of ignorance. "

You're the type of bloke who would laugh at the jokes on Bullseye in the 80's chortling "BFH hohoho" to whoever was in the vicinity every Sunday.

You're the type of bloke who would laugh at the jokes on Bullseye in the 80's chortling "BFH hohoho" to whoever was in the vicinity every Sunday.

:jesuswept: probably the most boring fuckin programme there has ever been.